The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

A selection of previous Trump quotes which I've just pulled together.  The last four explain a lot whilst others are just hilarious when one considers his actions over the past few days.  Hahahahahaha.

"What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate."

"Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive."

"The most basic duty of government is to defend the lives of its own citizens. Any government that fails to do so is a government unworthy to lead."

"People love me. And you know what, I have been very successful. Everybody loves me."

"I don't like losers."

"When somebody challenges you, fight back.  Be brutal, be tough."

"In the end, you're measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish."

"My whole life is about winning. I don't lose often. I almost never lose."

Edited by Hedgecutter

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A selection of previous Trump quotes which I've just pulled together in light of the last few days.  The last four explain a lot whilst others are just hilarious when one considers his actions over the past few days.  Hahahahahahaha.

Number 6.

Is it ironic?  Is it a self-fulfilling prophecy? Either way, it's rather amusing. 

The last one is my favourite.  This is obviously going to cut deep, especially when he's the first president since 1992(?) to have failed at re-election. Imagine knowing that George W. Bush was in office twice as long.

I've been playing quite a bit of chess again during lockdown. I've often found that the slow, painful and systematic dismantling can be more fun than a quick kill.

This most certainly applies with Ol' Weetabix Heed. He's going kicking, screaming, flailing, but he's going. He threw everything at this: the dogmatism, authoritarianism, the no-doubt-yet-to-be-fully-discovered dark digital misinformation and propaganda, the dog-whistle racism, intimidation, the self-styled narrative of being stronger than a global pandemic that has killed tens of thousands of fellow contrymen/women, and the first 40 pages of the Ladybird Book Of Fascism. He's lost, and the biggest domino of intransigent-pigheaded-alpha leadership has gone down. With any luck, this result will put Boris Bumblecunt and all others of his ilk in check, and the subversive-Cummings-weirdo types will be sluiced out of the political spectrum. What replaces it in the UK, I'm not sure, but having a sane, sentient US president who talks a more consensus-seeking game should ripple through.

Exactly what happens to the Trumpet is anyone's guess. He's owe Deutsche a fuckload of money, and has an inbox full of fairly chunky lawsuits that even a quick-fix pardon from Pence won't give him immunityfrom. He deserves to spend the rest of his days either swimming in the shit he has created (preferably with a spell in the nick at the end), or in exile in a NETC doomed to irrelevance. 

safe_image.gif

Just flicked on the BBC News there... one reporter standing there reporting that heavily armed men have turned up in Hawaiian shirts...😂 effin hell... The boogaloo boys...

Not sure where it was... looked like he was getting a bit of stick too ha

Edited by Bohemian

There comes a point where you have to stop and wonder if he genuinely believes he was cheated and this isn’t just all an act.

Those around him then act as enablers because it suits them to keep him in the White House. 

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Just flicked on the BBC News there... one reporter standing there reporting that heavily armed men have turned up in Hawaiian shirts...😂 effin hell... The boogaloo boys...

Not sure where it was...

It's this boy and his pals. In Detroit. Hope it's posturing rather than actually going to kick off

Screenshot_20201107-222748.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Not sure where it was...

If it was the same clip I saw, it was more like "heavily armed man".... plus a smattering of chunky virgins.  Most of his "base" have ditched him I reckon.  

2 minutes ago, resk said:

If it was the same clip I saw, it was more like "heavily armed man".... plus a smattering of chunky virgins.  Most of his "base" have ditched him I reckon.  

Just caught the end of it... so just one bloke in a Hawaiian shirt and a AK😂

Edited by Bohemian

24 minutes ago, The Master said:

There comes a point where you have to stop and wonder if he genuinely believes he was cheated and this isn’t just all an act.

Those around him then act as enablers because it suits them to keep him in the White House. 

I think he's spent his whole life behaving as if the truth is whatever you tell people it is, or hiring enough lawyers to make so, so he can no longer grasp the concept. Probably also building up the subscribers for his new QAnon church and media empire.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

His whole fucking life is an act.

Not unlike the present incumbent at No 10.

There comes a point where you have to stop and wonder if he genuinely believes he was cheated and this isn’t just all an act. Those around him then act as enablers because it suits them to keep him in the White House. 

Wouldn't surprise me if his advisors said that the election was unwinnable in the current climate and this tactic was the only possible way of staying in the White House.  Asking Republican voters to turn up in person during Covid would guarantee this counting pattern would happen and be part of this wild plan. Unfortunately for them Trump has become so obsessed by it that he's gone full-blown Trump.