The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's not a stereotype, either. It's a national obsession. They all do genealogy projects at school.

Once made the mistake of saying "naw, you're American" to somebody who told me they were "Scottish too". Went down about as well as if I'd said his great-grandma sucked all the cocks in Kirkcaldy, which I absolutely didn't.

But did she?

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes please.

I would like to apologise to granny danger and any others offended by my earlier post. I came online to participate in the anticipation of the official calling of Joe Biden as president elect (something the data nerds at Decision Desk HQ had done yesterday) fully expecting it within an hour or less of me coming online. I felt there would be people keen on getting information quickly. I made a post about the number of votes in Maricopa County in Arizona then relied on someone else's back of the envelope calculation of how this would affect the race rather than take the time to get the data from a more reliable source. There was a great deal happening at that point and I thought almost no one would care about that level of detail let alone start with some "In The Know" chat. 

Frankly you are just shit stirring because you have nothing worth saying. ^_^

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

James Mathews has just informed Sky News viewers that Donald has completed 18 rounds of golf this morning.

Mind when there was a report that Kim Jun Il claimed to have shot the best round of golf ever? Think it might have been debunked (or is that debunkered?!l) but Trump's boasting (lies) were, and still are, very much in the same vein.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

By that logic, Trump was very much Scottish.

That's what you call cringeworthy.

Trump has close relatives from Lewis he genuinely knows well enough to visit and would have no problem moving back and being accepted as a British national in legal terms. Biden probably has no clue where his Irish ancestors were even from beyond maybe the county and I seriously doubt he would qualify for a passport.

The idea he is some kind of existential threat to Ulster Unionism when compared to the damage the Brexit politics of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage have done that the DUP moronically aided and abetted along the way is a wee bit bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

I would like to apologise to granny danger and any others offended by my earlier post. I came online to participate in the anticipation of the official calling of Joe Biden as president elect (something the data nerds at Decision Desk HQ had done yesterday) fully expecting it within an hour or less of me coming online. I felt there would be people keen on getting information quickly. I made a post about the number of votes in Maricopa County in Arizona then relied on someone else's back of the envelope calculation of how this would affect the race rather than take the time to get the data from a more reliable source. There was a great deal happening at that point and I thought almost no one would care about that level of detail let alone start with some "In The Know" chat. 

Frankly you are just shit stirring because you have nothing worth saying. ^_^

tl;dr

You’re taking this too seriously.

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Trump has close relatives from Lewis he genuinely knows well enough to visit and would have no problem moving back and being accepted as a British national in legal terms. Biden probably has no clue where his Irish ancestors were even from beyond maybe the county and I seriously doubt he would qualify for a passport.

Yes, I think if he was a more normal president, even a Repblican one, you'd hear things about a certain pride in someone so Scottish attaining such office.

As it is though, there is absolutely no sense of that at all.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I think if he was a more normal president, even a Repblican one, you'd hear things about a certain pride in someone so Scottish attaining such office.

As it is though, there is absolutely no sense of that at all.

I've thought about that for a while. The Scottish press (and Scottish folk in general) love claiming folk as one of our own, you'd think a bigger deal would've been made about the President of the United States having a Scottish mum, but it's hardly mentioned. 

Edited by Fratelli

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

I've thought about that for a while. The Scottish press (and Scottish folk in general) love claiming folk as one of our own, you'd think a bigger deal would've been made about the President of the United States having a Scottish mum, but it's hardly mentioned. 

It probably helps that he couldn't come across as more American if he tried. He's every cliched Yank stereotype wrapped up in a big orange ball.

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The idea he is some kind of existential threat to Ulster Unionism when compared to the damage the Brexit politics of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage have done that the DUP moronically aided and abetted along the way is a wee bit bizarre. 

Trump won't go anywhere he can be extradited. My guess would be North Korea.