The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That was a Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw bit, wasn't it? The PC master race? Embarrassing stuff and from grown men anaw.

He got banned, didn't he? 

No idea to be honest, I don't know who that guy is. I do know banana had a wee special joystick for playing flight simulator though. Real fanny magnet.

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Boris Johnson congratulating Biden.

Trump will be fuming.

You have to pray that some civil servant will leak out the alternative tweet if Trump had won, like Boris's two Telegraph columns for his Brexit decision. 

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Are you still picking out one single throwaway joke from ~12 years of work to call a guy an arse?

banana was banned, yes

I think this is the second time I've ever mentioned it and I've been mildly dismissive or critical both times. Are you Ben Croshaw?

1200 presidential appointment positions require senate approval. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_positions_filled_by_presidential_appointment_with_Senate_confirmation

This is going to be a very hard presidency to run a country in an economic slump and pandemic. Those two seats in Georgia are going to be hugely important. Likely all the Republican donors will open fat wallets for that. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Looking at the street party scenes in the states just now, boy are they absolutely fucked with the rona. 

Similarities with this where an end of war parade in Philly was a super, super spreader event.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/flu-epidemic-hits-philadelphia

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That was a Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw bit, wasn't it? The PC master race? Embarrassing stuff and from grown men anaw.

Apparently Yahtzee regrets the whole joke now, as he managed to whoosh an entire section of the internet that entirely missed who he was taking the piss out of.

Probably true of anybody who indulges in a bit of popular satire TBF.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Biden has just announced that Bernie Sanders will be Secretary of State and Elizabeth Warren will be Treasury Secretary.

Interesting. I thought Sanders was tipped for the Department of Labor.

Also, what did the internet decide that "Santorum" was? Asking for a mate.

12 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

1200 presidential appointment positions require senate approval. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_positions_filled_by_presidential_appointment_with_Senate_confirmation

This is going to be a very hard presidency to run a country in an economic slump and pandemic. Those two seats in Georgia are going to be hugely important. Likely all the Republican donors will open fat wallets for that. 

Guaranteed to be the most expensive Senate races in history, only mitigated by whether some Democrat funders who were just wanting rid of Trump would be happier to keep the GOP in charge of the Senate, despite the serious dangers of having gridlock in Washington at such a critical time.

Guest Arthur Symington
41 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yeah, it was worrying but on here, heads were kept. It was clear that Florida wasn't necessarily going to be all that representative, maybe of Texas, Florida and Nevada but not elsewhere. I broke my own rule and put another £50 on at that point, I only got 5/6 though, others got much better.

Hard luck, Jimmy.