The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don't think it's that so much as he didn't want the blowback if it went wrong which it had a lot of capacity to do. 

People who know him say he's terrified of close up confrontation, always gets someone else to fire somebody unless it's on a TV show. If it's on camera and there's a bit of distance, like a press conference or something then fine, but I've never seen him be abusive in  a one on one, even with Obama when he was almost respectful, until he was back on twitter.  And there's that thing about shark videos. I bet at times of stress he goes to Youtube for cute cats. He's a big softy at heart, like most playground bullies. Can I have my license to practice psychoanalysis back now please?

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you weren't a bit worried when he took Florida you're new to US elections. On the plus side, it pumped the Biden odds up.

3a11e26ed7653549b0e3ffae948f8480_w200.gi

Yeah, it was worrying but on here, heads were kept. It was clear that Florida wasn't necessarily going to be all that representative, maybe of Texas, Florida and Nevada but not elsewhere. I broke my own rule and put another £50 on at that point, I only got 5/6 though, others got much better.

16 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

After four years gloating over Trump giving the middle finger to everybody who wouldn't kiss his arse, it's unsurprising to see the Republicans queuing up to demand that the new administration does what they want, and depressing that it's likely what will happen.

Until one of The Donald's terrifying children becomes president in 2024 and tells the Democrats to GTF.

They're already talking about being hawkish on debt, after 4 years of spending like lottery winners. 

Edited by GordonS

Just now, welshbairn said:

People who know him say he's terrified of close up confrontation, always gets someone else to fire somebody unless it's on a TV show. If it's on camera and there's a bit of distance, like a press conference or something then fine, but I've never seen him be abusive in  a one on one, even with Obama when he was almost respectful, until he was back on twitter.  And there's that thing about shark videos. I bet at times of stress he goes to Youtube for cute cats. He's a big softy at heart, like most playground bullies. Can I have my license to practice psychoanalysis back now please?

There's also that story about him and his son skipping all the exposition and going straight to the blood sports. I don't disagree with you on his fear of confrontation I mean look at the Little Lord Fauntleroy but he wasn't going to be leading the charge lol that's why I think he was just far too lazy and understood enough of US history to see how getting owned in a war would come back to bite him.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

In fairness I'm sure he posted relatively normally on here for years and on the Parenting thread etc. It's even grimmer when the reality is that he's married with children and in his 40s. At least the channers whose patter he stole were actually weans.

Guy definitely had Costanza hair.

He once posted a wee meme where he claimed to be part of a master race because he'd build his own special, mega expensive computer for playing games on instead of just buying a PlayStation. 

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

In fairness I'm sure he posted relatively normally on here for years and on the Parenting thread etc. It's even grimmer when the reality is that he's married with children and in his 40s. At least the channers whose patter he stole were actually weans.

Guy definitely had Costanza hair.

I don't think it was a coincidence that he disappeared about the same time as Jordan Peterson had to go into detox in Russia and other places.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is the Donald really holding a press conference in a garden centre in Philly, or has lack of sleep finally got to me?

hqdefault.jpg.abb4b2240a7216616cbe53e51c875040.jpg

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is the Donald really holding a press conference in a garden centre in Philly, or has lack of sleep finally got to me?

James Mathews has just informed Sky News viewers that Donald has completed 18 rounds of golf this morning.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

I don't know that there was lots of knicker wetting on here on Wednesday morning.

There was disappointment though, that a decisive rejection of Trump had not yet been delivered.   There was also understandable horror at Trump's immediate behaviour.  

The right result has been reached though, and it's relief, rather than jubilation, all round.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

He once posted a wee meme where he claimed to be part of a master race because he'd build his own special, mega expensive computer for playing games on instead of just buying a PlayStation. 

That was a Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw bit, wasn't it? The PC master race? Embarrassing stuff and from grown men anaw.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think it was a coincidence that he disappeared about the same time as Jordan Peterson had to go into detox in Russia and other places.

He got banned, didn't he? 

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yeah, it was worrying but on here, heads were kept. It was clear that Florida wasn't necessarily going to be all that representative, maybe of Texas, Florida and Nevada but not elsewhere. I broke my own rule and put another £50 on at that point, I only got 5/6 though, others got much better.

Yeah, 4/5 for me. Had a meeting in the morning so I had to get some sleep. Can't complain though. 

OY-cQB.gif

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

gk0Ivh7.jpg

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That was a Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw bit, wasn't it? The PC master race? Embarrassing stuff and from grown men anaw.

He got banned, didn't he? 

Are you still picking out one single throwaway joke from ~12 years of work to call a guy an arse?

banana was banned, yes