The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Initially thought this was going to be cheesy, but I'm moving it into the patter column.

IMG_20201106_232617.thumb.jpg.ec48c7e2144ee490f91e1c209e6821b9.jpgIMG_20201106_232613.jpg.0f8a5f65196aa7517f9ea735b44eb6da.jpg

I legit don't know why Sean is there other than that he recently died. Dying to own Trump.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

John King still going strong - he has apparently had only 6 hours sleep since waking up on Tuesday morning.

I feel the same tbh but haven't been broadcasting. No doubt the results will be called when I'm asleep

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I legit don't know why Sean is there other than that he recently died. Dying to own Trump.

Me neither, I just had a burst of nervous laughter when his face popped up next to RBG.

The ultimate super spy and the ultimate girlboss teaming up in heaven to own Trump.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Me neither, I just had a burst of nervous laughter when his face popped up next to RBG.

The ultimate super spy and the ultimate girlboss teaming up in heaven to own Trump.

RBG doing press ups and Connery assaul- eh, you know what? Never mind.

Sanders called it months ago that this was the narrative that Trump was going to play - discredit postal voting and attempting to obstruct postal voting with the appointment of De Joy as the USPS Postmaster General. Upon assuming office in June 2020, he instituted a number of measures such as banning overtime, forbidding late or extra trips to deliver mail, removing and dismantling hundreds of high-speed sorting machines, and removing some mail collection boxes from streets. The changes caused significant delays of mail delivery, resulting in investigations by Congressional committees and the USPS Inspector General. In August, DeJoy announced that the changes would be suspended, and in October, the USPS agreed to reverse all the changes - unfortunately, not in time for the election. Republican strategists deliberately made sure that in key states that postal votes would be counted last - that there would not even be any pre-processing eg no validation until counting started etc.

It's no surprise that there was a red mirage - the GOP were actively encouraging their voters to vote in person whilst the Democrats encouraged postal voting - not surprising given the ongoing disenfranchisment of some groups of voters in some Republican controlled states and counties - even more so with Covid being used as an excuse to legitimise these tactics.

Trump was always going to have a very early lead in these states because in-person votes were counted first. Funnily enough there's been no comment from some about those states like Florida and Ohio where postal votes were counted first - and showed the Democrats in a big lead.

Part of the problem is in the effort to be transparent - by publishing results as they are counted - the different states actually make it look like the system is not to be trusted.

Most of Trump's actual legal cases so far are related to minutiae of processes - the biggest "win" was about moving an extra 2 metres closer to the count by observers - not letting observers in as Trump claimed.

Even the US Supreme Court - which Trump has loaded with Republican nominees - has rejected most of the challenges made thus far.

For me the real issue isn't a corrupt voting system but a corrupt political system - one where the dollar talks.

Biden has won not because of vote-rigging but because he had the bigger bank balance to fund the political campaign - almost three-quarters of a billion just by him.

That's the real corruption.