The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

57 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was there not a Hibee a couple of days ago that posted up a screenshot of a £10k bet returning £57k whilst Trump was ahead, who has since been very quiet on here? Presumed that the image had been doctored, or copied from somewhere else, but you never know as it's standard fare when a poster is boasting.

It was me..I was taking the piss and I've been here most the week..😉

Edited by Bohemian

53 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They are probably all the same person. I just imagine all the alias posters to be the one guy that is sat in his bedroom, logged in on about 20 devices, talking to themselves via their own aliases all day, everyday.

With no idea where Scotland is or anything to do with football.  As for Bovril - what on earth is that?

Edited by Fullerene

Guest Arthur Symington
2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Today, of all days surely, is the day for thumbing the nose and chuckling at those who come from a position of bad faith. 

Isn't that one of Bon Jovi's? 🤔

34 minutes ago, Arthur Symington said:

I haven't posted under another account, and if you check you'll find that I'm not exactly a "new" member either, so I haven't joined specifically to post on this thread.

I see you joined in May 20 and have posted 12 times but only 4 appear on your profile, all in the last hour. Just curious, did you delete the others? Not sure how it works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/comments/jp8diz/trump_campaign_says_it_has_evidence_of_voter/

"Put up or shut up"

"Exactly....show us...or lose gracefully."

Republicans did pretty well on the Hill and in state elections. They will be back in 2,4,6,8,10 years. 

Trump needs this to stay solvent and perhaps out of jail. 

He is losing the room. 

Republicans did pretty well on the Hill and in state elections. They will be back in 2,4,6,8,10 years. 

This is the most interesting aspect of the election. The blue wave, in terms of Congress , failed to materialise. Its pretty clear that a large part of the country, at present, buy into Trumpism and the door is wide open for the republicans to make gains over the next 4 years.

It might not happen though. Trump has benefited from all the media privileges the white House brings for 4 years, amplifying his message and all the shite that goes with it. That's about to go out the window, along with support from some more mainstream GOP members who never like to be associated with a losing candidate.

The Dems also now have a chance to prove that they aren't all staunch Marxists and some mildly social democratic policies actually benefit most of the nation.

As demographics continue to shift, they need to make the most of this opportunity otherwise there will be a whole host of GOP lizards crawling out the swamp in 2 years looking to capitalise.

2 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

This is the most interesting aspect of the election. The blue wave, in terms of Congress , failed to materialise. Its pretty clear that a large part of the country, at present, buy into Trumpism and the door is wide open for the republicans to make gains over the next 4 years.

Democrats hit their maximum turn out numbers. 

Republicans pretty much maxed out their turnout numbers. 

Its going to take months of analysing all the different factors as to why what happened happened. People who rarely vote, got out and voted. Who they were, what their motivations were, what it all means? 

Lots of people with skin in the game have their takes out already. It was not their fault etc etc. We still have millions to perhaps over 10 million votes to count. 

I do not think most people understand how extraordinary this election was. Arizona may be to the left of Nevada? When people can explain that they can then start to dig out a bigger narrative. 

Democrats hit their maximum turn out numbers. 
Republicans pretty much maxed out their turnout numbers. 
Its going to take months of analysing all the different factors as to why what happened happened. People who rarely vote, got out and voted. Who they were, what their motivations were, what it all means? 
Lots of people with skin in the game have their takes out already. It was not their fault etc etc. We still have millions to perhaps over 10 million votes to count. 
I do not think most people understand how extraordinary this election was. Arizona may be to the left of Nevada? When people can explain that they can then start to dig out a bigger narrative. 
Its going to take a lot of unpacking. My optimistic take is the the amplification of trumps message as the result of being the incumbent was enough to motivate the casual GOP voters. The QAnon lunatics and 2nd amendment nuts will always be there but, hopefully, a period of competent governance by the Democrats should show they aren't the red terror Trump was making them out to be and the working class Trump voters can be coaxed back.

Especially important considering the Latino vote in florida.

11 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Its going to take a lot of unpacking. My optimistic take is the the amplification of trumps message as the result of being the incumbent was enough to motivate the casual GOP voters. The QAnon lunatics and 2nd amendment nuts will always be there but, hopefully, a period of competent governance by the Democrats should show they aren't the red terror Trump was making them out to be and the working class Trump voters can be coaxed back.

Especially important considering the Latino vote in florida.

Saw some interesting stuff about Nevada and Arizona and it suggests that Biden was basically able to mobilise the Native American vote.