The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

15 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Granny Danger will be along soon to tell you it's none of your business.

Nah I’ll avoid responding to 10 hour old posts.

The final Pennsylvania margin for Biden could exceed the 1% margin removing the ability for Trump to demand a recount. 

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've been watching them talk about the Pennsylvania count for three days and have only just realised they aren't saying "Alligator County".

Pretty disappointed, tbh.

You’ll snap out of it.

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've been watching them talk about the Pennsylvania count for three days and have only just realised they aren't saying "Alligator County".

Pretty disappointed, tbh.

Way too far north for that, but there is an urban myth about them being in New York City's sewers.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Way too far north for that, but there is an urban myth about them being in New York City's sewers.

There’s an urban myth that Donald Trump is a successful businessman.  Like the alligator one it’s easily disproven.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Prove that in court. It's the American way.

There should be a cut off date for arrival before close of polls, imo. 

I never argued otherwise.

That's as may be, there should be no votes allowed after polls have closed.

See above answers.

Just  hang on chads, then.

Postal votes must arrive on "certain date" before close of polls, is all I'm saying. Their system is different, fine, but it can aloow things to get very messy.

The way it is done there seems fairer - essentially the vote is cast when it is sent, not when it arrives. Depositing it into your postbox is basically the same as depositing it into a polling box at a polling station - it's someone else's responsibility to ensure that it arrives at the count in a reasonable amount of time, that's not something you have any control over. Forcing them to arrive by a certain date leaves you beholden to other circumstances - what if there was a postal strike in the days leading up to the election and no mail was being delivered?

Our system where the vote has to arrive by a certain date is much less fair. For the 2015 GE, I was living in Australia but still eligible to vote. I applied for a postal vote in plenty of time, but it didn't arrive until the day before the deadline for it being received back in the UK, thus rendering it impossible for me to get it there in time. Under our system, I was disenfranchised, whereas under the US system I'd have been able to send it that day and it would still have counted.

There are logistical reasons why the UK option might be better in terms of getting a timely result, but it's definitely not fairer.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Where you been? :o

In fairness to me, I was first with the news but you commies are desperate and trying to steal my WINNING OF FIRSTNESS!

I told people about the likes of you, in fact it was many generals and they said "Sir, that 19QOS19 is a pinko".  You know it's terrible that this is... terrible, a disgrace.  Everyone knows it.  

I might not come back to this board, I don't need to... there are water faucet stuff to get sorted, I did that! Before I joined this message board you were all typing wee, wee, wee, bing-bong-bing.  But I fixed it!  Now it's beautiful.  But you don't want to talk about that.

Yours

aDONALDis

Edited by aDONisSheep

41 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Zimbabwe threatening you with sanctions for not having free and fair elections is something that should cause a country to really reflect. 

but its also a further indicator we’ve officially entered the banter days. 

That is top trolling from the Zimbabweans. 

In fairness to me, I was first with the news but you commies are desperate and trying to steal my WINNING OF FIRSTNESS!
I told people about the likes of you, in fact it was many generals and they said "Sir, that 19QOS19 is a pinko".  You know it's terrible that this is... terrible, a disgrace.  Everyone knows it.  
I might not come back to this board, I don't need to... there are water faucet stuff to get sorted, I did that! Before I joined this message board you were all typing wee, wee, wee, bing-bong-bing.  But I fixed it!  Now it's beautiful.  But you don't want to talk about that.
Yours
aDONALDis
Shouldn't you be packing?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:
Yours
aDONALDis

Shouldn't you be packing?

STOP THIS c**t!

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ll snap out of it.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s an urban myth that Donald Trump is a successful businessman.  Like the alligator one it’s easily disproven.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it’s the adults too.

tumblr_opsmss1LOY1v4nzkvo1_400.gif

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Nah I’ll avoid responding to 10 hour old posts.

The final Pennsylvania margin for Biden could exceed the 1% margin removing the ability for Trump to demand a recount. 

It's been heading for well over a 100,000 margin all night. Pennsylvania was the one I was worried about most for a legal challenge, but if he ends up needing to challenge four states, all on different grounds, he's done.