The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

The absolute state of the GOP just now is popcorn stuff. It's astonishing they even have Senators who fully subscribe to QAnon theory and the "stolen election" shite. Absolute nutters. A massive split in that party of nonces and psychopaths would be fabulous viewing. 

As regards to fatboy Trump, I think he's fucked. The non-lunatic wing of the GOP will be delighted to stop him running again in future. Also seeing that he's so angry at the second impeachment he's stopped paying Giuliani's legal fees 😂 

I’ve also read that his (dis)approval ratings are second only to Nixon. Most presidents receive a wee bump between the election and the handing over of the keys. His numbers are in free fall. 

Ha ha ha and indeed, ha. 

21 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The absolute state of the GOP just now is popcorn stuff. It's astonishing they even have Senators who fully subscribe to QAnon theory and the "stolen election" shite. 

😂

To be fair the Dems have even more Senators who promoted the idea that the 2016 election was stolen. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

To be fair the Dems have even more Senators who promoted the idea that the 2016 election was stolen. 

I don't remember that.

What I've not heard many people mention though is the 2000 election actually was stolen.  Gore won, and Bush's camp cheated with the aid of the governer (his brother), Fox News, and a friendly judge who stopped the count.

That election really was stolen.  These ones its ridiculous, but that one its true.

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

That is an absolutely fascinating insight. 

It's a just strange one that anyone saying that 2020 was stolen is a threat to democracy but the majority of the corporate media suggesting or even insisting that 2016 was stolen is completely fine.

Neither election was stolen. Russiagate and QAnon are nearly identical cons aimed at different demographics.

To me there's a real argument that Democrats and liberals in the US continue to be set up with open goals and are still doing their absolute best to sky them all over the bar. Calling Trump and Trump supporters Nazis and fascists is utterly pointless. There's so much talk about how troubling it is that 74 million people voted for Trump with the implication being that the Democrats really need to be taking a good 5-10 million of them, at least, away from Trump and the 'America First' face of the Republican party. To do that, you can't still keep attacking anyone who supported Trump in November. You can't get Republicans who're basically saying "Yeah, fair enough the last few weeks have opened my eyes to what he really is" and then shout at them that they don't get to change their minds because they're racist Nazis for voting Trump in November.

This is a strategy that not only just doesn't make any sense from any logical point of view but has been disastrous in the US and the UK over the past 5 years.

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

To me there's a real argument that Democrats and liberals in the US continue to be set up with open goals and are still doing their absolute best to sky them all over the bar. Calling Trump and Trump supporters Nazis and fascists is utterly pointless. There's so much talk about how troubling it is that 74 million people voted for Trump with the implication being that the Democrats really need to be taking a good 5-10 million of them, at least, away from Trump and the 'America First' face of the Republican party. To do that, you can't still keep attacking anyone who supported Trump in November. You can't get Republicans who're basically saying "Yeah, fair enough the last few weeks have opened my eyes to what he really is" and then shout at them that they don't get to change their minds because they're racist Nazis for voting Trump in November.

This is a strategy that not only just doesn't make any sense from any logical point of view but has been disastrous in the US and the UK over the past 5 years.

Trump's popularity amongst Republicans has already dropped by 20%. I'm hoping that a bipartisan impeachment procedure calmly going through the timeline of his tweets and speeches from before the election through to his behaviour during the attack as witnesses are questioned under oath, will drop it further. If not that, there is bound to be an in depth enquiry covering all aspects of it, including refusing to take calls asking for emergency authorisation for help at the Capitol during the attack.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

From our perspective that's true. 

But the big donors such as Google, Facebook, Walmart, Boeing, Goldman, Morgan etc donate to both parties and there is a permament majority in both houses for any legislation which benefits them. The current 'gridlock' suits them much better than one party legislating on behalf of it's base. 

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What I've not heard many people mention though is the 2000 election actually was stolen.  Gore won, and Bush's camp cheated with the aid of the governer (his brother), Fox News, and a friendly judge who stopped the count.

That's what partially underpinned a lot of the hysteria in November. What most of those people failed to realise is that Bush and co had to steal one close run state and had a competent set up to accomplish it whereas Trump had to steal multiple states with big margins and had Rudy Giuliani and a drunk woman.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Meanwhile, in 2032, the claim will be that President-Elect Donald Trump Jr has absorbed the soul of his dead father and is going to announce the arrest and execution of all of America's vampire paedophiles, including Hillary Clinton. As with every one of the previous sixteen years, absolutely nothing will happen.

It's a doomsday cult. Every few months, they announce that the world is about to end on a given date. When it doesn't, they pick another date. Eventually they get fed up with waiting and decide to make it happen for themselves. The important question is: why are they so desperate for the world to be so much worse than it already is?

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

The absolute state of the GOP just now is popcorn stuff. It's astonishing they even have Senators who fully subscribe to QAnon theory and the "stolen election" shite. Absolute nutters. A massive split in that party of nonces and psychopaths would be fabulous viewing. 

I can't find a more recent poll, but in a 2010 poll in the US by the Pew Research centre 23% said definitely and a further 18% said probably to the suggestion that Jesus would return to Earth by the year 2050. This is the rapture, the belief that all Christian believers who are alive, along with resurrected believers, will rise in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

Among the people who believe this are the Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, who in his spare time is a deacon and lay preacher in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.

Imagine the foreign minister of Iran was also a hardline Imam. That's what we're talking about here.

Trump believes in absolutely nothing except Donald Trump. He's not a Christian or a Republican or a fascist or a conservative. He'll say anything that he thinks will benefit him and he's so flaky that it will change from hour to hour. Most American protestants are dribbling morons. For them to be taken in by the bible-signing weirdo shows nothing but the depths of their gullibility and ignorance.

So it was never Trump that scared me. What really frightens me is who might follow him. If a leader comes to the fore who believes in the batshit crazy Christian ideas like the rapture, plus all the conspiracy theories like QAnon, they could have control of 30% of the population, including a majority of whites in the South, all armed to the teeth, out of their minds and believing that the Democrats have seized the country. A faction like that could take power.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I can't find a more recent poll, but in a 2010 poll in the US by the Pew Research centre 23% said definitely and a further 18% said probably to the suggestion that Jesus would return to Earth by the year 2050. This is the rapture, the belief that all Christian believers who are alive, along with resurrected believers, will rise in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

Among the people who believe this are the Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, who in his spare time is a deacon and lay preacher in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.

Imagine the foreign minister of Iran was also a hardline Imam. That's what we're talking about here.

Trump believes in absolutely nothing except Donald Trump. He's not a Christian or a Republican or a fascist or a conservative. He'll say anything that he thinks will benefit him and he's so flaky that it will change from hour to hour. Most American protestants are dribbling morons. For them to be taken in by the bible-signing weirdo shows nothing but the depths of their gullibility and ignorance.

So it was never Trump that scared me. What really frightens me is who might follow him. If a leader comes to the fore who believes in the batshit crazy Christian ideas like the rapture, plus all the conspiracy theories like QAnon, they could have control of 30% of the population, including a majority of whites in the South, all armed to the teeth, out of their minds and believing that the Democrats have seized the country. A faction like that could take power.

You’re analysis of Trump is spot on, more so the Evangelicals that support him know exactly what he is (isn’t).

One of the enduring memories will be the clip of him being asked what his favourite bible passages were; he didn’t have a scooby and anyone with half a brain watching would realise it.

He’s a corrupt, narcissistic showman who has convinced a collection of white suprematist militias, deadbeats, racists, religious nuts and conspiracy theorists that he’s the messiah.  But he’s just a naughty boy.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Calling Trump and Trump supporters Nazis and fascists is utterly pointless.

Libtard, Dumbocrats, traitor, terrorist lover, America hater Everyday currency for Trump supporters. As is calling Joe Biden a Communist. 

Or how about the previous president, O’bummer? The one with an ape for a wife and monkeys for children?

But ooh, we shouldn’t call them nasty names in return or they’ll vote for Trump and it will be our fault. 

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Libtard, Dumbocrats, traitor, terrorist lover, America hater Everyday currency for Trump supporters. As is calling Joe Biden a Communist. 

Or how about the previous president, O’bummer? The one with an ape for a wife and monkeys for children?

But ooh, we shouldn’t call them nasty names in return or they’ll vote for Trump and it will be our fault. 

I see your point but maybe the Dems need to lift the debate rather than coming down to the opposition’s level.

Nonetheless it is galling; seeing the Republican Representatives calling for national unity in the impeachment debate after four years of supporting the most divisive President is history is hard to swallow.  Just last week the majority of them were supporting the ‘stolen election’ line, some still are.

16 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Thanks for making my point for me.

You're acting like an old firm fan. You're only focussed what the other side did and why they're dicks. Well they did it so we're allowed to. Most folk without a dog in the fight think old firm fans are arse holes. If it gives you more satisfaction seeing Democrats call Republicans names than getting a few of them to change the way they vote, then enjoy it. All I'm saying is don't imagine it's going to be particularly effective.

Edited by Gordon EF