The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

Who are the REAL fascists, eh? eh? huh?

Yeah, it's still the folk trying to forcefully overthrow the democratically-elected government because their guy didn't win.

We're living in a parallel universe where some people are attempting a fascist takeover of the most powerful nation on earth, and other people are bitching about which data harvesting internet company is worst at enabling them.

Put it this way, I was seeing tweets at least a week before from BLM and Antifa organisers exhorting everyone to stay well away and leave this one to law enforcement. They knew that this was going to be a particularly bad protest and that the likelihood of violence was high. It's pretty remarkable that there were no counter protestors at all - because they knew this was going to be very ugly.
Yet there were no reinforcements for the Capitol Police, as there had been at previous protests.
Law enforcement agencies knew, and they were either deeply complacent or complicit.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/capitol-riot-fbi-intelligence/2021/01/12/30d12748-546b-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

The FBI office in Norfolk, Virginia passed information onto the FBI's Washington office the day before the "protests", warning of violence.
The head of the Washington Office, Steven D’Antuono, said on Friday they didn't have any information beforehand suggesting violence was a possibility. After the story above was written he changed this statement to, actually everybody was contacted including them, the capitol police, local police and other feds.
The former capitol police chief, who resigned a few days ago, said he never received this information.

Somebody within the FBI doesn't trust the next round of protests will be taken seriously either or they wouldn't have leaked the info on the armed protests in all 50 states and assassination threats.

Dumb question time. Are guns prohibited in the Congress buildings and Senate and all of that or can the elected representatives carry guns in those buildings, is it some staunch GOP thing about the sacredness of the 2nd amendment? 

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

But Glenn though?

image.png.0e25bf2b78119c49ac1b28e336fef464.png

lol yeah fair cop

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Straight from Detournement's playbook.

mon.JPG.3d6608c242df80fcb522273aa4a10e4d.JPG

If this is about who I think it's about then it's because people are quoting this post and saying Christman is a fascist sympathiser which is really funny - 

'kin hell. If an agency like the FBI has people in it saying 'who could have foreseen this' then there really is no alternative but to assume those people are in on it.
I'm always inclined to believe incompetence is the reason.
Besides, don't the FBI hate Trump?

The thing about Parler and the Capitol break in is absurd. I was watching idiots chant USA for hours on Twitch but no one wants to shut that down (thankfully it's a good place for morons to congregate).

Welshbairn's very literal and one track mind not being able to follow Greenwald's or Matt C's arguments is completely unsurprising.

Edited by Detournement

49 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The idea that more anti terror laws are needed because of this is insane.

Not that you are at all but some of the hypocrisy from people that support new anti terror laws anytime a crazy Muslim kills people that will be up in arms over this will be particularly tasty. 

I can see why some susceptible judgemental people would actually be more scared of Trump type right wing white guys to the point they believe new laws are necessary. 

Do you have a reference point or link to the new anti terror laws or proposed ones? 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump
'The FBI is Trumpland': anti-Clinton atmosphere spurred leaking, sources say
That's quite an old article. At the time of it's writing the FBI were investigating Trump for his involvement in the Russian election interference. Trump then fired the well respected FBI director James Comey for starting the investigation.
I kinda lost track after the whole Russia thing but surely nobody in there but a few completely nutty Republicans actually support him.

4 minutes ago, charger29 said:

That's quite an old article. At the time of it's writing the FBI were investigating Trump for his involvement in the Russian election interference. Trump then fired the well respected FBI director James Comey for starting the investigation.
I kinda lost track after the whole Russia thing but surely nobody in there but a few completely nutty Republicans actually support him.

IIRC some area offices were *virulently* anti-Clinton and pro-Trump. If you'll recall there was much anticipation of the Russian-interference report but it turned out to be a redacted fart in a can. That doesn't add up to an anti-Trump bias to me.

19 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Not that you are at all but some of the hypocrisy from people that support new anti terror laws anytime a crazy Muslim kills people that will be up in arms over this will be particularly tasty. 

I can see why some susceptible judgemental people would actually be more scared of Trump type right wing white guys to the point they believe new laws are necessary. 

Do you have a reference point or link to the new anti terror laws or proposed ones? 

Screenshot_20210113-203545.thumb.jpg.a2268ad95c1b2d2d62203fe0b8d83898.jpg

There's lots of murmers that a new domestic terrorism law based on Adam Schiff's bill last year, will appear.

This is what the ACLU said about it.

https://www.aclu.org/letter/aclu-statement-opposing-hr-4192-confronting-threat-domestic-terrorism-act

Here's an article from last week discussing it.

https://theintercept.com/2021/01/10/capitol-hill-riot-domestic-terrorism-legislation/

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I mean yeah now they are electing these folk in some numbers you do have to wonder if letting them have guns is a good idea.

This is the crazy b*****d that was tweeting her location in the Capitol while they were hiding from the terrorists and that she was with Nancy Pelosi.

She also believes in Qanon.

There are literally sandwiches less stupid than her. She's absolutely unfit for office and anyone who votes for someone like that is a danger to democracy. 

On 09/01/2021 at 10:09, 101 said:

Two of my favourites from Trumpy

“Scotland does not have free press, even when you are just stating the facts-it’s crazy” (Apr 24, 2013)

“@EveningExpress Thank you for your fair and balanced reporting. You provide a great and important service to the people of Scotland!” (Nov 16, 2013)

https://www.buchanobserver.co.uk/news/aberdeenshire-business-owner-wins-presidential-election-2122557