The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Seen this photo on twitter, there were obviously some there with a plan to do some real terrorist stuff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErI-lFEXcAExhgb?format=jpg&name=medium

A lot of these people are fantasists living out some bizarre view of the world and sucking us in to it. Making it look like you might be carrying body belt explosives or possible ammunition pouches is a good way to get shot. 

Good to see one of those freedom fighters thought they should wear a face mask 🤣🤪

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

CNN is reporting that from a legal perspective, he didn't have the authority. Trump's aides had apparently spent hours practically begging him to take action but he point blank refused. As a result, Pence simply went over his head to do what needed to be done.

Weirdly, the last couple of years the guy who lived below me was a family friend of Pence - Pence and his dad had grown up together, went on fishing trips and shit. Paul said he hadn’t spoken to him since about 2011 and he had no fucking clue as to why he’d hitch his wagon to Trump. Maybe there’s a sliver of decency in there somewhere that’s been prodded out. 

8 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

These twats are delusions, and if the FBI aren't waiting for him when he gets back home, something is really wrong with murica

What a gimp. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe there’s a sliver of decency in there somewhere that’s been prodded out. 

You may be right but I suspect that self-interest, as usual, is the driving force behind his actions. Like the other rats deserting the sinking ship, he realises there's nothing more to be gained by remaining loyal to Trump. Whatever happens, he'll be out of office within days and as the world unites in condemning him, it makes political sense for Republicans to distance themselves as much as possible. It wouldn't surprise me if the coming months they're tripping over themselves to pretend they opposed him from the start. 

37 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Slight tangent, but it's a hoot how right-wing papers here such as The Telegraph and Express.....who for 4 years lauded Trump as the greatest President ever, who boasted about the 'special relationship' between Trump and Johnson, and who only 2 months ago prayed for him to be re-elected because Biden is a leftie, tree hugging, gay loving, ****** IRA sympathiser..... have now suddenly had an epiphany and see him as the lunatic man-child he really is. 

Hypocritical fuckers.

Piers Morgan another one. Brown nosed the c**t on Air Force one and interviews in the States and finally accepting today he’s lost his mind. 

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Thing I found funny was that despite the anarchy, the protestors still stayed between the velvet rope barriers inside emoji1787.png

Looked like they didnt know what to do next.  Went in to tourist mode taking pictures.

Edited by rainbowrising

Pelosi kicks it up a notch and demands the 25th Amendment be invoked or they will impeach! (25th is the method for removing the President by the Vice President and the Cabinet due to inability to perform duties)

@Baxter Parp Snap.

Edited by TxRover

18 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Weirdly, the last couple of years the guy who lived below me was a family friend of Pence - Pence and his dad had grown up together, went on fishing trips and shit. Paul said he hadn’t spoken to him since about 2011 and he had no fucking clue as to why he’d hitch his wagon to Trump. Maybe there’s a sliver of decency in there somewhere that’s been prodded out. 

Pence went along for the purpose of delivering the U.S. from a liberal judiciary. He’s a fundamentally decent person, although of a very Conservative bent, and convinced that his views are absolutely correct. He swallowed all the crap Donnie tossed out there simply to reach that goal, and now has the chance to make the break with Donnie and show he actually understands his oath. I dislike him, but I find him essentially honest.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Pelosi kicks it up a notch and demands the 25th Amendment be invoked or they will impeach! (25th is the method for removing the President by the Vice President and the Cabinet due to inability to perform duties)

@Baxter Parp Snap.

There’s two separate Articles of Impeachment already been circulating around congressmen - Jamie Raskin and Ted Lieu’s as of about half 9 this morning DC time and then Ilhan Omar’s as of about 90 minutes ago. 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Pence went along for the purpose of delivering the U.S. from a liberal judiciary. He’s a fundamentally decent person, although of a very Conservative bent, and convinced that his views are absolutely correct. He swallowed all the crap Donnie tossed out there simply to reach that goal, and now has the chance to make the break with Donnie and show he actually understands his oath. I dislike him, but I find him essentially honest.

I can see why Pence and Paul’s dad would have been friends - the guy was brought up ultra Catholic and clearly having issues with it. He moved out last year because he and his girlfriend got engaged and he figured he’d be OK to live with her now that that had happened. Nice bloke, best of luck to him.