The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

Instead of saying that Trump is more than complicit and saying he won't be allowed back into the UK, she looks like her world is collapsing. Totally unfit for office. 

Jesus H Christ, I'm about to defend Priti Patel :(

Although she hasn't used the word 'condemn' there is no doubt that she's laying some blame on Trump.

"His comments directly led to the violence, and so far he has failed to condemn that violence and that is completely wrong."

"He basically has made a number of comments yesterday that helped to fuel that violence and he didn't actually do anything to de-escalate that whatsoever"

She's still totally unfit for er... office anything.

Yours, I'm defending Priti Patel, these are indeed strange times we live in!

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Instead of saying that Trump is more than complicit and saying he won't be allowed back into the UK, she looks like her world is collapsing. Totally unfit for office. 

Expecting her to say anything against him is pointless, like asking Ted Cruz to denounce Trump. They are all cut from the same cloth and the Tories model themselves on Trump and his methods. We are just a bit further back on the same road here.

11 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

These twats are delusions, and if the FBI aren't waiting for him when he gets back home, something is really wrong with murica

The boy is obviously an idiot for being a Trump supporter but if he was a climate or BLM protestor everything he said would be on the money about the violence of the US government, the $2000 cheques and elected officials not representing the people who vote for them.

It's very handy for US elites that legitimate grievances are being funnelled by online radicalisation towards dead end  avenues like QANON rather than towards forms of politics which can challenge their power and privilege. 

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's weird that the police have zero interest in finding out how Thomas Mair got the gun and don't let him speak to anyone in prison......

There's no reason to believe that first bit. It's almost certainly a conspiracy theory. The police say they have investigated it for 4 years and don't have any evidence to go on. They know where and when it was stolen, they very much doubt it was stolen by Mair and believe it was passed to him and that there was no forensic evidence on the gun pointing to anyone else, as it had been cleaned. Unless Mair confesses, we'll probably never know. 

As for the second bit, the police don't control who gets access to prisoners. I imagine HMPS are quite careful about who gets to interview a Nazi terrorist though.

Where did you get this from?

35 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

These twats are delusions, and if the FBI aren't waiting for him when he gets back home, something is really wrong with murica

I never thought they would shoot me in the face, gasps terminally wounded woman, who voted for lets storm the parliament, ignore warnings that you're about to get shot in the face, and getting shot in the face party.

11 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I like the teenager and feel sorry for him. 

I feel sorry for him, he's been radicalised by a tsunami of online lies. He's absolutely deluded out of his mind. But in a free country with huge access to information, at some level you have to choose to believe this shit. 

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I feel sorry for him, he's been radicalised by a tsunami of online lies. He's absolutely deluded out of his mind. But in a free country with huge access to information, at some level you have to choose to believe this shit. 

aye, if she was born in Hamilton, Stirling or Dundee, she'd be alive and just an arsehole Facebook maw

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

As for the second bit, the police don't control who gets access to prisoners. I imagine HMPS are quite careful about who gets to interview a Nazi terrorist though.

I don't draw distinctions between parts of the security state. The Guardian article above explains that almost all of his correspondence is censored and that he is held in segregation.

I find it very strange that Mair had an accomplice but very little has been said about it.

2 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

aye, if she was born in Hamilton, Stirling or Dundee, she'd be alive and just an arsehole Facebook maw

Those veins in her neck gave them a fucking massive target to aim at, couldn't have missed imo.

12 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I never thought they would shoot me in the face, gasps terminally wounded woman, who voted for lets storm the parliament, ignore warnings that you're about to get shot in the face, and getting shot in the face party.

It's the Hollywood influence. The main character doesn't get shot in the face.

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

There's no reason to believe that first bit. It's almost certainly a conspiracy theory. The police say they have investigated it for 4 years and don't have any evidence to go on. They know where and when it was stolen, they very much doubt it was stolen by Mair and believe it was passed to him and that there was no forensic evidence on the gun pointing to anyone else, as it had been cleaned. Unless Mair confesses, we'll probably never know. 

As you say, the gun was stolen from a farm 15 miles away, 10 months earlier, so I don't see the necessity for some grand theory of collusion to explain it. And it's standard practice for convicted terrorists to be held in solitary, at least for the first few years.

Anyway, what it was like to be in the Capitol Building..

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/07/capitol-storming-siege-congress-inside-first-person-oral-history-455715

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't feel at all sorry for that guy.

I kind of do a wee bit. It’s a bit like the guys who go off to Syria where you think “what has happened/gone wrong to lead to this?” Clearly the guys has been radicalised and you wonder if something could have prevented it.

On the other hand, he was an active participant in a fascist coup attempt, so f**k him.

All these people doing that for Trump, a guy who has probably never been involved in a physical confrontation his whole life.  Sheltered and protected from birth, dodged going into the army and is directly responsible for these four deaths.