The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's something grossly interesting about watching a major country literally implode.

From an actual coup attempt, and the fact half the country seem to be flat out refusing to take a Covid vaccine, America does literally seem to be on the cusp of a major collapse.

It sounds mental, but is there a genuine chance of a civil war over this? Feels like even the army will have folk in different camps.

I think it's just a release of energy from the last couple of months. Anyone who could remotely channel this has shat themselves.

Just now, MixuFruit said:

I like anything that reminds us how unbelievably flimsy our social fabric is. No idea about a civil war, probably not but hell anything feels possible on days like these.

Yeah sounds mental to suggest a civil war, but the way its a proper "helms deep" moment for me, one guard shits himself and shoots...

I asked my American ex flat mate about the prospect of civil war and he reckoned it would all fizzle out, the Trump supporters would give up and eventually accept the result and just not really do anything more. That was before this happened though. This is pretty nuts.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Exactly. How do they disperse this without it kicking off and if it does kick off where does that lead.

Aye that's where I'm at.

Majority of folk there won't want to "die for the cause", but I'd be fairly certain some genuinely are that mental. 

I guess we won't know until the first casualty, and how that particular side react to it though.

26 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I wonder if they are letting them have there wee moment of glory then jail them down the line. No shootings means no MAGA martyrs. Hopefully when the sun sets a few batons to the heads. Trump appointed some fruit loop to be in charge of national guard so not surprised they're taking a back seat.

That would be the sensible option. Wait for enough public order cops and go in and make mass arrests of the people in the building. 

I like to think Trump has spent the last two months interviewing people to be the person who storms the TV studio, takes the place of the presenter and tells everyone that everything is normal, but to stay at home.

Then again, guards are taking selfies with "protesters" and walking along corridors talking to them happily, so its unlikely to kick off at all.