The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Funniest thing about that list is Cruz isn't in it.

Baby steps. They're saying one day he may grow a full spine. Unlikely though.

Here someone suggested that Trump's line to Cruz about his dad being involved in JFK's death was clearly meant for Jeb and I can't stop thinking about it. Like someone told him not to use it and he either forgot that part or just thought "well this is too good to waste."

70% of Republican voters do not accept that Biden won the election fairly.  That is in excess of 50 million people fuckwits.

I am both surprised and absolutely delighted that there has been no large-scale violence as a result of Trump’s intransigence on the matter.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

70% of Republican voters do not accept that Biden won the election fairly.  That is in excess of 50 million people fuckwits.

I am both surprised and absolutely delighted that there has been no large-scale violence as a result of Trump’s intransigence on the matter.

The logic of "Our guy was cheating so hard there's no way the other guy could win fair and square."

18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Baby steps. They're saying one day he may grow a full spine. Unlikely though.

Here someone suggested that Trump's line to Cruz about his dad being involved in JFK's death was clearly meant for Jeb and I can't stop thinking about it. Like someone told him not to use it and he either forgot that part or just thought "well this is too good to waste."

👀

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/07/11/us/63-fbi-memo-ties-bush-to-intelligence-agency.html

On the morning of November 22, 1963, the 41st President of the United States also woke up in Dallas, Texas. George Herbert Walker Bush was the 39-year-old president of the Zapata Off-Shore Drilling Company and chairman of the Harris County, Texas Republican Party, and had stayed the night of November 21st at the Dallas Sheraton alongside his wife, Barbara.

https://medium.com/@Anthony_Bergen/waking-up-in-dallas-a134b0764c36

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just so many weird coincidences and omitted information that would drive anyone understandably insane.

I still think the theory that it was an inside job but they didn't mean to kill him is the funniest and therefore my favourite explanation. The icing on the cake being that it was one of the men near him that accidentally fired the killing shot.

I'm convinced that the whacko lone assassin conspiracy theory is the right one. The CIA and FBI would obviously have Oswald on their radar, having just come home from the Soviet Union with a Soviet wife, and getting involved in the expat Cuban thing in Miami, but they were all having a bit of a well deserved bit of debauchery and boozefest when they let him slip the nest. Like 9/11 the coverups are to do with hiding their incompetency rather than they actually had something to do with it. There are motives galore, including for the Mafia, and Ruby killing Oswald was one of the thing that sticks out, but I think something would have come by now, a death bed confession or fuckyou, if it had been more elaborate.

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm convinced that the whacko lone assassin conspiracy theory is the right one. The CIA and FBI would obviously have Oswald on their radar, having just come home from the Soviet Union with a Soviet wife, and getting involved in the expat Cuban thing in Miami, but they were all having a bit of a well deserved bit of debauchery and boozefest when they let him slip the nest. Like 9/11 the coverups are to do with hiding their incompetency rather than they actually had something to do with it. There are motives galore, including for the Mafia, and Ruby killing Oswald was one of the thing that sticks out, but I think something would have come by now, a death bed confession or fuckyou, if it had been more elaborate.

is there a single instance where you don't trust the official narrative. like it could even be something small like Hearts getting relegated or the trains being cancelled on a specific day.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

is there a single instance where you don't trust the official narrative. like it could even be something small like Hearts getting relegated or the trains being cancelled on a specific day.

I just think there enough proven evil conspiracies on the record without inventing new ones. Things like Nixon scuppering peace talks in Vietnam and Reagan delaying the release of the Tehran hostages, just before elections for example. Unprovable ones take up all the oxygen though, so you don't hear much about the real ones. The guy who did more than anyone to kick off the Vietnam War, resulting in maybe a couple of million deaths, and was directly responsible for the Bay of Pigs, got knocked off and people are still crying about it and don't believe it could happened because of a militarily trained marksman with a high powered rifle, mainly because he was good looking, young for his job, had a pretty wife and probably got a blow job off Marilyn  Monroe, his back wasn't up to much more. All the civil rights stuff was down to LBJ. I'm more interested about the people who were responsible for and profited massively by 2008 than who killed JFK, but nobody seems to be interested in that. Or the very real and imminent danger of Disaster Capitalism succeeding in a few week's time.

Edited by welshbairn

Four American Presidents have been assassinated and all of them by disgruntled individuals who would not stand out from the crowd.  That is where the main threat lies.

If it had been some other entity behind the JFK shooting then how would they have survived the backlash if the conspiracy had been blown?

Johnson would have been known as the guy who bumped off his predecessor.  Cuba would have been invaded.  The CIA or the FBI would have been purged.  Numerous Mafia bosses would have been rounded up and imprisoned for life.

Who had the most to gain and the least to lose?  That is how I look at it.

9 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Who had the most to gain and the least to lose?  That is how I look at it.

Henry McLeish had the most to gain and the least to lose from Donald Dewar going arse over tit outside Bute House. That doesn't mean he watered the steps.

Sorry, that was facetious - I mean it's always worth asking cui bono, but in the absence of actual evidence it can become a doorway to conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Henry McLeish had the most to gain and the least to lose from Donald Dewar going arse over tit outside Bute House. That doesn't mean he watered the steps.

He would have had everything to lose if he had been caught on camera watering the steps.  That was the point I was making.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

His lawyers have standards to uphold; they can’t just make wanton allegations like the president wants.  They seem to be going into court and saying, ‘well this is what our client is asking us to do’ and putting in the minimum of effort.

Apart from that Sidney woman, who genuinely seems to believe it.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

His lawyers have standards to uphold; they can’t just make wanton allegations like the president wants.  They seem to be going into court and saying, "a big boy did it and ran away".

FTFY

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Yeah exactly. What they say under oath is miles away from what they say in the press. They're relying on the base having zero understanding of the law, and no appetite to get news from anywhere other than trump approved sources

25 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Trump paid (well the stupid fplk who donated) $3mill  for a recount in a district in Wisconsin gained Biden an extra 132 votes 🤣

I think the GOP is keeping its powder dry until the Georgia Senate races, it will be interesting to see the internal infighting that emerges after that.