The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I know. The reality is I could probably visit every area and find very little trouble if I didn't act like an idiot. This is true.

Aye the biggest issue for most loudmouth Trump supporters is that their posts are being censored on social media

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I see Ladbrokes have stopped taking bets. What are the other bookies saying about it?

Biden's hovering between 1/50 and 1/33 at Sky Bet. Then again, The Undertaker was 1/33 at Wrestlemania 30.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

He might be upset but my friend Harvey the giant invisible rabbit is absolutely delighted so I guess that makes things even.

Greeny solely for showing obvious knowledge of one of the finest films ever made!!!

Just be wary of friendly banter, they don't take kindly to teasing. I'm not too skilled at keeping my gob shut.
Aye they have a real problem understanding sarcasm. 
This is an area I'll struggle. I'm extremely sarcastic when making jokes and am well aware Yanks really struggle with it. Think I'd be best just not speaking when I go [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf ive been to Tennessee (memphis and nashville), Texas (Austin), North Carolina, Florida (Tampa area, Miami and Orlando), California (all over), Chicago, Vegas, NYC, DC and Boston and actually found the people in Boston to be the biggest shower of arseholes imaginable. Red Sox fans racially abusing their own players, horrible accents (bit like East coast accents being shite here) and just overall a quite uncomfortable city to visit.

Any excuse to post the worst guy on YouTube

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is an area I'll struggle. I'm extremely sarcastic when making jokes and am well aware Yanks really struggle with it. Think I'd be best just not speaking when I go emoji38.png

Its ok, im a sarcy b*****d too. I was in an italian restaurant in Orlando (in kinda upmarket mall which is popular with tourists call Millenia) and the waiter was quite taken with the fact we were Scottish, asking us loads of questions but eventually it became a bit insulting ‘do you guys get buffet restaurants?’ ‘Do you guys have wifi?’ I dead pan replied ‘whats wifi’ cue the fucker pulling his iphone out and explaining wifi for what seemed like ages (which to be fair made me suffer far more). 

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its ok, im a sarcy b*****d too. I was in an italian restaurant in Orlando (in kinda upmarket mall which is popular with tourists call Millenia) and the waiter was quite taken with the fact we were Scottish, asking us loads of questions but eventually it became a bit insulting ‘do you guys get buffet restaurants?’ ‘Do you guys have wifi?’ I dead pan replied ‘whats wifi’ cue the fucker pulling his iphone out and explaining wifi for what seemed like ages (which to be fair made me suffer far more). 

🤣 I was working in a bar and was chatting to a few costumers, one of them asked how I got there, I sarcastically replied I drove...  what followed was several questions of how and my mate winding them up about a trans Atlantic under water tunnel connecting Ireland to New York..

Edit it was about 20 years ago before everyone had access to the internet on their phone...🤣

Edited by Bohemian

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
Any excuse to post the worst guy on YouTube

Aye, that's Boston stroked off my list...

Shitehole of a city. They think we’re all irish. 
We went for breakfast one day at a place that was described as a ‘scottish restaurant’, it was fucking awful, they served fried mashed potato and called it tottie scone and their ‘lorne sausage’ was made from pork. 
Fenway was good to go and watch a baseball game, but the fans were scum, the bars in the area around it are shite too. Quincy Market and tour at Harvard were quite good but not enough to make me ever want to visit again. 

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Only the first of those applies in this case I'm afraid.

The point is a serious one though.  Even in states that hugely favour Trump, there will be people, millions of them in fact, who utterly reject what he's about.  Some will belong to groups absolutely marginalised and threatened by his behaviour; some will be activists, devoted to causes which oppose his; while all will be absolutely horrified by his current antics.

It's a dangerous game to dismiss people based on where they're from.  Just ask a Mexican rapist.

Obviously you're right and I've been going on about how Biden got 35%-40% in the most Republican states.

But in 2015 we spent a week in the Norfolk Broads and I'm not having another holiday in Breixtland any time soon.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Bit of info here, could be if the military vote goes Trump it could be balanced out by overseas voters going Biden. Squeeky bum time, now being offered 1.64 on my 1.83 bet, but it keeps going up and down. Have you cashed in yet?

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2020/11/06/today-is-the-deadline-for-georgia-military-ballots-will-they-make-a-difference-in-the-election/

No, getting offered the same as you. I keep watching the Georgia results and the cash-out, and it's still alright. Biden's lead is 7,248 just now and that's beyond the range of realistically getting overturned in a recount. If it falls again though I'll be mashing refresh.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A sizable portion of the population is driven by visceral level emotion, does not think rationally and laps this sort of stuff up. The left has its own versions of this type of drivel (a Swedish teenager immediately comes to mind), so it isn't just a right wing phenomenon.

Sorry, what???

Just now, GordonS said:

Sorry, what???

Do you see Greta as an appeal to rationality or to visceral level emotions in a similar sort of way to Pastor BillyJoeJimBob Burgerflipper, III on Fox? World leaders only really pay lip service to global warming as an issue based on the arguments that usually get trundled out based mainly on computer modelling and are not implementing the policies that the environmentalists want for the most part so enter a somewhat odd and very emotionally overwrought Swedish teenager stage left...

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Do you see Greta as an appeal to rationality or to visceral level emotions in a similar sort of way to Pastor BillyJoeJimBob Burgerflipper, III on Fox? World leaders only really pay lip service to global warming as an issue based on the arguments that usually get trundled out based mainly on computer modelling and are not implementing the policies that the environmentalists want for the most part so enter a somewhat odd and very emotionally overwrought Swedish teenager stage left...

Not sure you should refer to others as “emotionally overwrought”.

7 minutes ago, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Z9vkMax.png

It's a 5 goal thriller from Trump FC here.

When hes punted from Twitter where is he going to vent? Next logical stop or illogical pending how you look at it is his own tv channel or network... Trump TV... hed probably get decent ratings

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

It really is now just a case of if you repeat a lie again and again and again  people will believe its true... 

Thick people.  People who believe in QAnon.  Fortunately not too many of them are judges.

His big issue is that his lawyers will be up against administrators who are as likely to be Republican as Democrat.  His lawyers will also need to explain why all these fake votes still supported Republicans for Senate and the House.