The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

IIRC the 2007 election just about did.

It felt like it, but it was done by 5pm on the Friday. 

Our absolutely unparalleled flustercluck count was still completely resolved more than 48 hours quicker than this nonsense, and we've got a long way to go yet. I mean, why are these updates even happening? One vote at a time?

Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 17.33.29.png

Does anyone think Trump
(A) Actually believes the stuff hes saying about the election?  
(B) knows it all bullshit but doesn't give two effs..
© started off knowing its bullshite but has convinced himself its the truth 
Mostly C I'd have thought. He's surrounded himself with fawning sycophantic yes men who tell him whatever he wants to here. He probably thought him winning anything less than about 70% of the popular vote was impossible.

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Does anyone think Trump

(C) started off knowing its bullshite but has convinced himself its the truth 

It’s difficult to know how delusional he is.

Technically it is still possible for him to steal the election if he can drag it out long enough but that would require collaboration of so many others I do not think it will happen.

I think he’s shit scared of not having the legal protection that the Presidency affords him.

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:
4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:
Does anyone think Trump
© started off knowing its bullshite but has convinced himself its the truth 

Mostly C I'd have thought. He's surrounded himself with fawning sycophantic yes men who tell him whatever he wants to here. He probably thought him winning anything less than about 70% of the popular vote was impossible.

Maybe should of put option (D) convinced by sycophantic yes men

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

CNN have been the best by a mile.

Very impressed with John King - really detailed, but explained in a way we can all understand without patronising.

Of all their presenters the Wolf and John double act has been head and shoulders above the rest.

10 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Does anyone think Trump

(C) started off knowing its bullshite but has convinced himself its the truth 

In 2016 i was initially of the opinion that he was a very savvy media player who knew exactly what he was doing, and whose every word was calculated to the syllable - a bit like 2000's Mourinho galvanising his team by coming out with weird statements in press conferences. I thought the daft, OTT personality was a facade and that underneath it he was quite switched on to what he was doing. I still think this to an extent, and there are a few interesting articles on his media tactics, much of which he stole from Putin.

However i'm now starting to realise that this all might be nonsense and that he is in fact just thick as shite. 

Edited by Fratelli

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s difficult to know how delusional he is.

Technically it is still possible for him to steal the election if he can drag it out long enough but that would require collaboration of so many others I do not think it will happen.

I think he’s shit scared of not having the legal protection that the Presidency affords him.

I'm sure the last bit you said is a massive worry for him

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

CNN have been the best by a mile.

Very impressed with John King - really detailed, but explained in a way we can all understand without patronising.

I like they keep switching presenters so we get a change and they get a chance of a line to keep looking sparkly.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Of all their presenters the Wolf and John double act has been head and shoulders above the rest.

I've really enjoyed Chris Cuomo in their overnight (ie our mornings) slot. He's just been constantly firing shots at Trump, the shitebage Republican leadership and Fox, with the occasional pertinent fact thrown in.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Kelly took it on opening night and it was expected. What wasn’t is the Ossoff - Perdue senate race in GA going to a runoff, which if it does (and it is currently) could have the Democrats tie the senate 50/50 if both Warnock and Ossoff win their runoffs on Jan 21. When the senate is tied between the two parties then the VP is the casting vote, so for the next 4 years McConnell would be Kamala’s bitch. 

That would be the fucking gravy.

The "masterplan" to over turn the election we heard about  was as much smoke and mirrors bullsh*t as every other "masterplan" from him.  Its some third rate lawyers wandering into courts saying "ummmm the election was rigged but we have no actual proof proof." No point going into details, the one suit that seems to have some standing is PA's allowing mail in ballots after the 3rd. But there are not that many of them. 

A brief video on them here.  But it seems most of the media is now laughing at the utter shitshow his legal team are serving up. 

Truly the Mr Bean of populist authoritarians.

Oh Trump seems to be spending his spare time dreaming up his next scam. Trump TV a rival to Fox. Good luck with that. If he does not resign and have Pence give him pardons he will likely spend most of his time fighting masses of litigation. And I doubt he really has the cash to go after the old lizard of Oz toe to toe. 

Biden seems to have outpolled the Democrat house candidates by a % or 2. There will be a scramble to impose a narrative on that. Already certain high profile congress people are trying to shift blame. 

3 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I'd seen that speech and though there was a bit of a change in tone from him but he's been conspicuous by his absence since...not a peep from Barr either which is strange if there had been so much cheating going on....

I think everyone except Mr T knows the game is up.

3 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

The "masterplan" to over turn the election we heard about  was as much smoke and mirrors bullsh*t as every other "masterplan" from him.  Its some third rate lawyers wandering into courts saying "ummmm the election was rigged but we have no actual proof proof." No point going into details, the one suit that seems to have some standing is PA's allowing mail in ballots after the 3rd. But there are not that many of them. 

A brief video on them here.  But it seems most of the media is now laughing at the utter shitshow his legal team are serving up. 

Truly the Mr Bean of populist authoritarians.

Oh Trump seems to be spending his spare time dreaming up his next scam. Trump TV a rival to Fox. Good luck with that. If he does not resign and have Pence give him pardons he will likely spend most of his time fighting masses of litigation. And I doubt he really has the cash to go after the old lizard of Oz toe to toe. 

Biden seems to have outpolled the Democrat house candidates by a % or 2. There will be a scramble to impose a narrative on that. Already certain high profile congress people are trying to shift blame. 

Trump will declare his 2024 candidacy the minute after Joe Biden is sworn in and argue that he can’t be investigated because doing so will be another political witch hunt. 

EDIT - will it be 2024 or 2025? Not sure, don’t care, f**k him. 

Edited by carpetmonster