The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

Has Mike Pence actually said anything? Surely they must be trying to get him to give it up now...Can't seen Pennsylvania being within the recount tolerance when they're finished counting.

I'd be surprised if Biden gives a speech of victory today...maybe tomorrow, he'll want to have as little to come back on him given the recounts and challenges ahead

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Has Mike Pence actually said anything? Surely they must be trying to get him to give it up now...Can't seen Pennsylvania being within the recount tolerance when they're finished counting.

I'd be surprised if Biden gives a speech of victory today...maybe tomorrow, he'll want to have as little to come back on him given the recounts and challenges ahead

When Trump was claiming victory on his first speech, Pence said something like "we fully expect to be winners", which was a definite change of tone. Absolutely no idea if that change in tone will be representative of the rest of the Republicans or even some. I wouldn't hold my breath. 

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

When Trump was claiming victory on his first speech, Pence said something like "we fully expect to be winners", which was a definite change of tone. Absolutely no idea if that change in tone will be representative of the rest of the Republicans or even some. I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I'd seen that speech and though there was a bit of a change in tone from him but he's been conspicuous by his absence since...not a peep from Barr either which is strange if there had been so much cheating going on....

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

CNN ignoring the fact that top Republicans are all afraid to confront Trump because his supporters have hijacked the party and will be calling the shots for the foreseeable future....

Corbyn was supposed to have changed the Labour party permanently in a UK context, but that can quickly fade after an election defeat convinces the rest of the party that a particular set of policies isn't the winning formula for having lots of jobs for the boys available.

Demographics are shifting across many of the sunbelt and southern states and what happened this time in Arizona and Georgia could be Texas or Florida next time, so there are sound reasons for thinking the Republicans will have to moderate their policies at the federal level to stay competitive.

The silence from many top Republicans could be interpreted as giving Herr Drumpf some extra time to do the decent thing given relatively few senior Republicans (Guiliani, Gingrich and Graham) have been actively backing his electoral fraud narrative. Suspect the slow pace of some of the counting has also been about hoping he would concede graciously and take the heat off, but now they'll just have to plough on regardless and hope they don't wind up with Alex Jones and a posse of gun-totting rednecks outside.

6 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I'd seen that speech and though there was a bit of a change in tone from him but he's been conspicuous by his absence since...not a peep from Barr either which is strange if there had been so much cheating going on....

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Corbyn was supposed to have changed the Labour party permanently in a UK context, but that can quickly fade after an election defeat convinces the rest of the party that a particular set of policies isn't the winning formula for having lots of jobs for the boys available.

Demographics are shifting across many of the sunbelt and southern states and what happened this time in Arizona and Georgia could be Texas or Florida next time, so there are sound reasons for thinking the Republicans will have to moderate their policies at the federal level to stay competitive.

The silence from many top Republicans could be interpreted as giving Herr Drumpf some extra time to do the decent thing given relatively few senior Republicans (Guiliani, Gingrich and Graham) have been actively backing his electoral fraud narrative. Suspect the slow pace of some of the counting has also been about hoping he would concede graciously and take the heat off, but now they'll just have to plough on regardless and hope they don't wind up with Alex Jones and a posse of gun-totting rednecks outside.

I think you’re wrong but we will see.

Just now, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Doesn't anyone feel the least bit sorry for Donald?

Not in the slightest. He's a narcissistic, lying, racist, homophobic thundercunt.