The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's a recipe for law suits at the very least.

Postal votes that haven't arrived by close of polls shouldn't be included, imho.

Democracy shouldn't hang on the efficiency of the postal service. Anything with a postmark before the date of election, surely.

There were reports of attempts to nobble the postal service as well.

We're not getting much on North Carolina, but it's fairly tight with 5% to be counted. 7/1 with Bet365 for Biden. If I knew more about where the remaining votes are coming from I might have a go, but as it is I'll leave it alone.

image.thumb.png.c33bd46cdf2f69718412878258923da9.png

This is the worst attempt at a fascist coup ever.

Where are the Good Ol' Boys with the military hardware? Waiting 'til every court in the land has told Trump to GTF, and the system has been proven to be rigged?

We're going to see an awful lot of Republicans claiming they were never 'Trumpers' over the next few years.

Hopefully Americans never forget that they were, and that they enabled him over the past six years to get to where they are just now.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We're not getting much on North Carolina, but it's fairly tight with 5% to be counted. 7/1 with Bet365 for Biden. If I knew more about where the remaining votes are coming from I might have a go, but as it is I'll leave it alone.

It's drifting to Trump. It'll require something seismic for Biden to win.

Arizona is interesting. Very leisurely drifting to Trump, but not quite by enough for him to overhaul Biden. Looks likely to be closer than Pennsylvania or Georgia now, though.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is now my favourite thing. I've just explained to the wife that I ate a non-zero number of the Cadbury's Mini-Rolls last night.

You’ll probably put on a few non-zero pounds if you continue to do that.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Mathematically speaking, this is someone struggling to say something positive.

Then again, he is not saying anything negative either.

Schrodinger's cunt. 

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Mathematically speaking, this is someone struggling to say something positive.

Then again, he is not saying anything negative either.

This is a complex situation.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What if the President appoints a CEO of the Post Office with orders to slow down delivery?

Prove that in court. It's the American way.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

US elections are much slower affairs and final results aren't certified for a couple of weeks. There's plenty of scope for late arriving ballots to be counted.

In many states it's the law, and the time to challenge it was months ago.

There should be a cut off date for arrival before close of polls, imo. 

I never argued otherwise.

2 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

From The Guardian: 

THE FACTS: The state supreme court, not “partisan Democrats”, ordered that ballots filled out before the end of election day could be received up to three days later and still be counted. The US supreme court examined the case and did not stand in the way of the three-day timeframe but may review the matter later. A number of other states have also made accommodations for the additional mailed ballots.

That's as may be, there should be no votes allowed after polls have closed.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's not what they ruled though.

They still need to be postmarked on or before 3 November.

See above answers.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Democracy shouldn't hang on the efficiency of the postal service. Anything with a postmark before the date of election, surely.

There were reports of attempts to nobble the postal service as well.

Just  hang on chads, then.

Postal votes must arrive on "certain date" before close of polls, is all I'm saying. Their system is different, fine, but it can allow things to get very messy.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Prove that in court. It's the American way.

There should be a cut off date for arrival before close of polls, imo. 

I never argued otherwise.

That's as may be, there should be no votes allowed after polls have closed.

See above answers.

Just  hang on chads, then.

Postal votes must arrive on "certain date" before close of polls, is all I'm saying. Their system is different, fine, but it can aloow things to get very messy.

You may have a point in ‘normal’ circumstances, these COVID times are not normal and allowances need to be made.

Anyway thankfully you do not get to decide.

44 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

From The Guardian: 

THE FACTS: The state supreme court, not “partisan Democrats”, ordered that ballots filled out before the end of election day could be received up to three days later and still be counted. The US supreme court examined the case and did not stand in the way of the three-day timeframe but may review the matter later. A number of other states have also made accommodations for the additional mailed ballots.

Maybe they'll extend it.  That would be funny.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Absolutely gutted I didnt make a fortune trading on this election on betfair... main reason I didnt bother is I'm balls deep in bitcoin which thankfully has reacted positively to this result...😁