The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

23 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Well my £20 on Trump getting 210-239 is currently hanging in there....

Trump can only win one of Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania for me to win.  Am I deluded or do I have a chance? 😆

Arizona can gtf just now.  Looks like it's going to be very tight there. 

Trumps live meltdown last night was both amazing and terrifying at the same time.  Something serious is going to happen if he keeps spouting his conspiracy theory nonsense. 

I've got the popcorn all ready.

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Any reason for this? I know you said it was discussed.. but interested to know

In the case of veterans, I would assume that, like in the U.K., it’s because the armed forces are full of right wing nutcases who only signed up to murder some brown folk.

f**k knows about current personnel though, maybe actually having to deal with him as commander in chief gives a different perspective.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Think it was discussed yesterday - veterans are pro-Trump, but current forces are pro-Biden.

If you are currently in the forces, you’d have to worry about Trump’s inability to think or act in proportion to a given situation. I’d be worried I’d be sent to start some mass murder in some country or even ordered to fight against other Americans if the national unrest continues to build.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

In the case of veterans, I would assume that, like in the U.K., it’s because the armed forces are full of right wing nutcases who only signed up to murder some brown folk.

f**k knows about current personnel though, maybe actually having to deal with him as commander in chief gives a different perspective.

I’m no fan of the military but many folk in the U.S. and U.K. join up because they cannot get jobs elsewhere.  Sadly I thing serving in the U.S. does skew their views.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m no fan of the military but many folk in the U.S. and U.K. join up because they cannot get jobs elsewhere.  Sadly I thing serving in the U.S. does skew their views.

Actually most Americans that join do so cause they will pay your degree.  They have a deal give them 4 or 5 years they will fund a four year degree after it.

4 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Well, that's me taken the Bairns away to school and nursery. Looks like another day of "working from home" streaming the American news through the firestick. Will it be CNN for objectivity, or Fox for tears and snotters?

Decisions, decisions.....

CNN until Chris Cuomo goes off. He's excellent value at the moment.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Actually most Americans that join do so cause they will pay your degree.  They have a deal give them 4 or 5 years they will fund a four year degree after it.

Spent a summer in the states many moons ago and worked with a few lads that said that's why they joined..

Bit about the extra ballots in Georgia, American VPN needed for the link.

Thousands of military, overseas and provisional ballots will soon be added to Georgia’s vote count, another trove of votes besides those already accounted for.

There were 8,899 absentee ballots from military and overseas voters that hadn’t yet been returned to election offices in Georgia as of Thursday morning, according to the secretary of state’s office. Another 17,529 overseas ballots had already been returned and counted.

Military and overseas ballots have a later deadline than other absentee ballots, according to federal law.

While Georgia’s deadline for domestic absentee ballots is 7 p.m. on Election Day, overseas absentee ballots will be counted if they’re postmarked by Tuesday and received at county election offices by Friday.

In addition, voters have until Friday to correct problems with provisional and absentee ballots.

Election officials lack a statewide count of outstanding provisional ballots in Georgia, which were issued when voters went to the wrong precinct, their registration information couldn’t be found or they lacked photo ID.

Fulton County reported 3,900 provisional ballots, and DeKalb County had 1,600. But data on how many provisional ballots were pending in most other counties weren’t available.

Election officials will count provisional ballots without any further action needed from voters in many cases. For example, if a ballot was cast in the wrong precinct, votes will be counted for races that the voter was eligible to participate in.

But if voters' registration information is in question, they would need to provide it to county elections offices before the end of the day Friday for their ballots to be counted.

Voters also face a Friday deadline to correct problems with rejected absentee ballots. Election officials had rejected nearly 2,000 absentee ballots through Thursday, mostly for mismatched or missing signatures.

Election officials were required by state law to contact voters and allow them fix errors.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/more-ballots-arriving-in-georgia-from-overseas-and-provisional-voters/2IKU3WM5XZD7FDQE5DAOKYXTMY/

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Thanks to the night shift posters for taking us through the wee small hours.

The permanently online, irony poisoned, melted brains, day shift now logging on.

Current mood. 

giphy-downsized.gif.23ad931df1c26e840d3a8b0e1846e1e2.gif

Trump obvs celebrating Epstein fixing him up with a date there. 

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Thanks to the night shift posters for taking us through the wee small hours.

The permanently online, irony poisoned, melted brains, day shift now logging on.

Current mood. 

giphy-downsized.gif.23ad931df1c26e840d3a8b0e1846e1e2.gif

I've never been in the mood to Dad dance next to a paedophile.