The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Too many people were losing sight of the possibility that there was a strong pro-Biden bias in large portions of the US media that was likely to blind people to the possibility that the polling numbers they were reporting were not being weighted properly to fully quantify shy Trump support. Fingers crossed it still works out OK for the Democrats  in the end, but not surprised this has turned into a nailbiter.

If you are being cynical being a big front runner conveniently justified Biden barely campaigning or doing media appearances.

Those who put a lot of store by the bookies odds - does the fact that Biden has gone from 1/2 to 7/2 and back to 2/1 now not tell you something?

Odds are not probabilities.

I'd still bet on Biden from here but I'm not an idiot, I'm not risking money I don't have.

Much McConnell looks like a man that was an embryo stuck in a suit and put on a ballot paper. We are honestly 10 years from pro life campaigners trying to stop folk wanking to save the lives of sperm

A Trump win goes down as probably the biggest polling fail in political history. 2016 was one thing, but that would surely render a host of specky nerds redundant.
Nonetheless I don't see much reason yet to completely lose hope in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, not to mention current signs that Arizona is leaning in Biden's favour.

I still think Biden is the favourite. A lot has been made of the south but NC and Georgia were always the very upper end of the predictions on what he could take and Florida was tricky ground in the mid terms.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I still think Biden is the favourite. A lot has been made of the south but NC and Georgia were always the very upper end of the predictions on what he could take and Florida was tricky ground in the mid terms.

If you give the two parties all the states they're sure to win or have been called, then give Florida, Georgia and North Carolina to Trump, and Arizona to Biden, the 538 model gives Trump a 9% chance of winning, 85% for Biden and 6% chance of a tie. In that model it gives Trump an 87% chance of winning Ohio and 96% in Texas. But it gives Biden a 76% chance in Pennsylvania. I don't see a reason to disagree with that yet.

If you give Arizona to Trump his chances go up to 46% to Biden's 54%.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 03.48.02.png

Just now, Detournement said:

BBC are showing the potential for a 269 tie.

If that happens the newly elected House vote it with each state delegation having one vote. The Vice President would be voted for by the Senate. There is then the possibilty for Trump-Harris Whitehouse.

A tie would be excellent

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

If that happens the newly elected House vote it with each state delegation having one vote. The Vice President would be voted for by the Senate. There is then the possibilty for Trump-Harris Whitehouse.

That would be 2020 in a fucking nutshell.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They don't have to pick one of the VP candidates.

It could be Trump-Biden.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If you give the two parties all the states they're sure to win or have been called, then give Florida, Georgia and North Carolina to Trump, and Arizona to Biden, the 538 model gives Trump a 9% chance of winning, 85% for Biden and 6% chance of a tie. In that model it gives Trump an 87% chance of winning Ohio and 96% in Texas. But it gives Biden a 76% chance in Pennsylvania. I don't see a reason to disagree with that yet.

If you give Arizona to Trump his chances go up to 46% to Biden's 54%.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 03.48.02.png

That's just an opinion like the odds are, if I believed a 3.50 shot should be 1.18 I'd be robbing my granny for her cash to stick on. 

33 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That's just an opinion like the odds are, if I believed a 3.50 shot should be 1.18 I'd be robbing my granny for her cash to stick on. 

I never gamble like that. I put a fiver on the Champions League final being very low scoring and I rolled the winnings of that into Ulster to beat Edinburgh in the Pro14 semi final, with a good new customer deal with SportsNation. That got me to £125, which I put on Biden. I put another £50 on tonight, but I won't gamble heavier than that. I'm a family guy and it's not just my money.