Clyde vs Peterheid

Fair play to "Clyde FC", that was one of the most insipid footballing performances I've seen in many a year. In many ways, a carbon copy of the same fixture back in January 2012, in which Kevin Finlayson notably (sic) appeared as a trialist. A bunch of Brazilian street footballers would be less overawed by the conditions than we seemed to be today - there is absolutely no excuse for being that bad. Football's back, baby!

Hopefully that will act as a reality check. We’ve had a doddle of a preseason, beating lower ranked teams with ease. A win against Dumbarton that we made hard work of in the end after a good first half and a good win in the end against Thistle after a poor first half. We were crap against Falkirk. So in the 4 competitive games I’ve seen, I’ve seen 2 good 45 minutes from us. That whole team today want a kick in the backside. 

42 minutes ago, sydney said:

Hopefully that will act as a reality check. We’ve had a doddle of a preseason, beating lower ranked teams with ease. A win against Dumbarton that we made hard work of in the end after a good first half and a good win in the end against Thistle after a poor first half. We were crap against Falkirk. So in the 4 competitive games I’ve seen, I’ve seen 2 good 45 minutes from us. That whole team today want a kick in the backside. 

Dumbarton was the first competitive game for months and we really had a go for it in the first half, looked like we just ran out of steam after half time. 

Falkirk wasnt the best but the line up was bizarre in the first place so in truth I never expected a lot after seeing that. Still created chances though which was more than can be said for today.

Don't think we were poor in the first half against Thistle at all, the game in general wasn't great. Could've still went in a goal or 2 up if it wasn't for Sneddon. 

I'm far from a happy clapper and fully agree that today was nowhere near good enough and a reality check, but I think you're being slightly harsh elsewhere. 

Edited by C. Muir

What I learned from today
1, pixie Lott loves plastic bags
2, mcinally loves playing us
3, pixie Lott can’t handle a windy day at broadwood
4, we can’t use a tail wind to test a keeper.
A bad day that can’t be repeated or even this shortened season will seem very long. Can we play better, of course we can but why didn’t we today? Fecked if I know tbh

12 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Dumbarton was the first competitive game for months and we really had a go for it in the first half, looked like we just ran out of steam after half time. 

Falkirk wasnt the best but the line up was bizarre in the first place so in truth I never expected a lot after seeing that. Still created chances though which was more than can be said for today.

Don't think we were poor in the first half against Thistle at all, the game in general wasn't great. Could've still went in a goal or 2 up if it wasn't for Sneddon. 

I'm far from a happy clapper and fully agree that today was nowhere near good enough and a reality check, but I think you're being slightly harsh elsewhere. 

You’re probably correct that I was a bit harsh. Think my bewilderment over how shocking we were yesterday coloured my views somewhat. Hopefully we can get back on track and pick up something on Tuesday. 

Underwhelmed by Danny's post match comments. 

'The first half was even' yep Danny, but as we had a gale behind us and we managed 1 (one long range header)-attempt on target, it meant that we started the 2nd half in deficit.

'Anyone who watches Clyde know how we play and how to counteract that'  and 'Peterhead come here and we know how they're going to play' So Danny, we're too easy to stop and we don't have the guile to unpick a threadbare Peterhead. Is that 9 points we need to kiss goodbye

'Last week's match being off upset our rhythm'  It seem to impact on Dumbarton too much.

Some of the squad need to mature and quickly, if we are to survive...and not just in this division imho.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Confused female name and strong wind

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Underwhelmed by Danny's post match comments. 

'The first half was even' yep Danny, but as we had a gail behind us and we managed 1 (one long range header)-attempt on target, it meant that we started the 2nd half in deficit.

'Anyone who watches Clyde know how we play and how to counteract that'  and 'Peterhead come here and we know how they're going to play' So Danny, we're too easy to stop and we don't have the guile to unpick a threadbare Peterhead. Is that 9 points we need to kiss goodbye

'Last week's match being off upset our rhythm'  It seem to impact on Dumbarton too much.

Some of the squad need to mature and quickly, if we are to survive...and not just in this division imho.

She wasnt pushing hard enough.......