Killie vs Rangers

4 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Feck me , spend millions that they don’t have and still look ordinary. 
Oh and that pitch ,blah , blah blah.

Well done on your 2nd ever victory in the league at Rugby Park. Best thing about today is that we didn’t have to share a pavement with the mutants.

3 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Not me, looking forward to another financial demise on the horizon for the most despised team in Scottish football. 
Before you reply keep kidding yourself.

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Obviously means a lot to you guys finally getting one over on us at last, well done poor mans Celtic . Meanwhile in the real world us provincial clubs will soldier on and hopefully soon we will be able to enter a stadium and watch our team live, a scenario which won’t concern 95% of you super fans.

France Crying GIF by Paris Saint-Germain - Find & Share on GIPHY

Disappointing result in the end - to think we'd have been coming away from that with a point if it hadn't been for Millen's inexplicable arm positioning. You just can't do that when you play a team like Rangers, especially given on their day they've got enough good attacking players to create a threat of their own without giving them a leg up. First half was really poor powderpuff stuff that looked like a return to the Jim Jefferies era when we never laid a glove on the OF, and I was worried it was going to turn into the second half of the first fixture between the clubs at Ibrox earlier this season. Second half was much better as not only was our play more cohesive but Rangers also took their eye off the ball a bit. Disappointed Kabamba missed his chance to head the ball in, and I also have to question Dyer's subs as we might have done something with Brophy and Kabamba up front. There are positives to take from our point of view but unfortunately we just have to take it on the chin, learn from our mistakes and move on. In the second half there were times when Rangers were there for the taking and I hope other teams were taking notes when watching this.

10 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Disappointing result in the end - to think we'd have been coming away from that with a point if it hadn't been for Millen's inexplicable arm positioning. You just can't do that when you play a team like Rangers, especially given on their day they've got enough good attacking players to create a threat of their own without giving them a leg up. First half was really poor powderpuff stuff that looked like a return to the Jim Jefferies era when we never laid a glove on the OF, and I was worried it was going to turn into the second half of the first fixture between the clubs at Ibrox earlier this season. Second half was much better as not only was our play more cohesive but Rangers also took their eye off the ball a bit. Disappointed Kabamba missed his chance to head the ball in, and I also have to question Dyer's subs as we might have done something with Brophy and Kabamba up front. There are positives to take from our point of view but unfortunately we just have to take it on the chin, learn from our mistakes and move on. In the second half there were times when Rangers were there for the taking and I hope other teams were taking notes when watching this.

I agree with most of what you said here, particularly in terms of the second half performance where we could easily have done what we normally do and nicked something. I disagree about the Kabamba substitution, he was struggling and we had control of the midfield, so it made sense not to change the shape too much, and I think we saw that the change worked.

However, I don't think almost any other team in the league has the players to do what we did to them (or Celtic). Other teams obviously have better players, but I don't think they have defenders or midfielders with the level of game intelligence and composure that Broadfoot, Findlay and Dicker in particular do. We have a squad almost custom built for this type of game.

20 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I really hope Ross Millen has got all his moments of madness out his system, that's twice he's cost us, it's a shame because apart from that he's having a very decent season.