Killie vs Rangers

Monumental game for us on Sunday. We don't have a good record at Rugger (I assume this is what Killie fans call it), and this would be another sign that this season is different from the last one.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Jack, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Hagi

Edited by G51

Never confident of going there and winning but if the players ever needed any additional motivation, then the prospect of going 9 points ahead of Celtic surely has to get them up for it.

I’m not sure what to expect from the match to be honest. Recently, Killie have made it hard for us whether we are away or at home but we dispatched them at Ibrox earlier in the season with minimal fuss. Although, they do seem to be a bit more cohesive now than they were at that point.

While we’ve got a European tie to contend with before then, at least it’s at home and avoids the travelling and potential risks that brings.

I’d also start Morelos, he has scored quite a few against Killie over the years and I think we will need more of a physical presence up top.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Monumental game for us on Sunday. We don't have a good record at Rugger (I assume this is what Killie fans call it), and this would be another sign that this season is different from the last one.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Jack, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Hagi

That's the BBSP Stadium Rugby Park to you.

We have a decent record at home against this lot, but on the basis of our last toothless showing against Hibs I'm not too confident about this. I'd be tempted to start Brophy up top with Kabamba considering he tends to show up against The Rangers, but then who do you sacrifice in midfield?

3 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

We have a decent record at home against this lot, but on the basis of our last toothless showing against Hibs I'm not too confident about this. I'd be tempted to start Brophy up top with Kabamba considering he tends to show up against The Rangers, but then who do you sacrifice in midfield?

Formerly known as Rugby Pugby, of course. If we've to have any chance of getting something here Brophy and Kabamba need to start up top together, preferably in a 4-4-2. I have no idea how this will go, but I'm less optimistic about our chances here than I have been in the past with Rangers at RP.

11 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

You're right. Since it is a Sunday game, it seems only fair to use it's Sunday name.

Another game on their greengrocers pitch, great.

We tend to struggle against physical sides, I've a feeling that we're dropping 2 points here. Morelos usually scores against Killie but I'd be tempted to start Roofe for this one.

Brophy doesn't look fit enough for 90 minutes right now. I'd stick with the same midfield and attack for this and just bring in Findlay and Millen for Rossi and Dikamona.

We'll win 2-1 anyway like we always do so not too bothered what line-up we go with.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

We've won one league game at the BBSP Stadium Rugby Park in nine years.

With all due respect to Killie fans, I hope you end up in the bottom six so we don't have to come back post-split.

So in other words you have only ever won once in your history in the league at Rugby Park

I doubt Mulumbu is ready to start as yet but if he was I’d be sorely tempted to really flood the midfield here with Power and Dicker sitting and then Mulumbu + Tish in front of them.

You would need to ditch one of Kiltie or Burke to do that though and I’m not too sure if you could afford to lose either of them.  If I was going that way I would play Burke with the intention of just getting a point (or sneaking a win).

NK up front on his own.

I reckon Hagi will be benched for this one which could lead us to a few different scenarios.

I’m torn between going 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but I think it will be the latter.

My personal preference would be along the lines of:

Shagger

Tav     Goldson    Helander    Barisic

Jack        Kamara

Arfield               Aribo                 Kent

Morelos

I’m not sure if Gerrard will drop Davis but I think we really need to manage his game time.

On 26/10/2020 at 13:00, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Kabamba considering he tends to show up against The Rangers

He's about due to ragdoll a centre half since he's been a wee bit quiet the last couple of games......