Sons V Airdrie

Really disappointed with Murray’s selection here.

Kerr has done very little so far in the first two league games but it’s Sabatini that is dropped? He’s been one of the standouts so far this season.

Murray also seems intent on playing Thomson every week despite him offering very little. Would have much preferred to see O’Reilly on from the start.

Pretty turgid performance so far.

I almost miss the booing and shouts of “FUCKING CHANGE IT MURRAY”. 

Really poor performance from Airdrie and a really disappointing result but we didn’t deserve anything from that. Dumbarton were decent if unspectacular, solid defensively and took their chances well. McGeever and Neill were solid as usual, Wedderburn was the best player on the park and Wilson was a threat all day. 

That was the team I expected to start but I think most fans would agree a midfield two of McKay and Kerr isn’t going to win you games in this league, particularly games where you expect to have more of the ball. Airdrie never looked like scoring and none of the defence were at their usual levels. I thought Carrick was ok and put himself about but other than that the rest of the midfield and strikers ranged from uninvolved to dreadful. Big changes required for next week. 

Very impressive performance, delighted with that. Wilson looks a player, a fantastic run and finish for the first but that second was something else. Hardly a failure in the team today although those last 10 minutes with a goalkeeper who could barely stand was giving me the absolute fear. 

That was far easier than expected. I did suspect that with Airdrie signing up every player that became available (many of them seemed a bit bizarre) that they would lack quality. Seen a few mention they think Airdrie will be at the top end of the table but on that showing they will be nowhere near it.

We were well organised, full of energy and with Wilson keen to make runs you always have a chance. Nice to see Wedderburn turn in a performance (particularly 2nd half) that I was expecting of him too!

Edited by squeezeboxson