Sons V Airdrie

Pain in the hole having the game switched. Jan 2nd for the switched home game doesnt exactly fill you with confidence. January weather is usually just so great in the west of Scotland...

2 Saturdays in a row where our ground isnt thought to be playable and we've got a rearranged midweek fixture coming up. Not really good enough is it?

No rain today and a quality drying wind. Apparently got vertidrained this morning so there will be absolutely to problem with water on the park. Interesting to hear the reason for moving it.[emoji2369]

If all parties are happy to switch it then so am I. Glad I won't have the horror of waiting for a pitch inspection result coming through again. 

49 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Pain in the hole having the game switched. Jan 2nd for the switched home game doesnt exactly fill you with confidence. January weather is usually just so great in the west of Scotland...

2 Saturdays in a row where our ground isnt thought to be playable and we've got a rearranged midweek fixture coming up. Not really good enough is it?

Is it really a pain in the hole?

With everything going on we have a game on. Who cares where it's being played really?

22 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

No rain today and a quality drying wind. Apparently got vertidrained this morning so there will be absolutely to problem with water on the park. Interesting to hear the reason for moving it.emoji2369.png

Playing Clyde at home on Tuesday and probably thinking 2 games in 4 days might be too much for it.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Playing Clyde at home on Tuesday and probably thinking 2 games in 4 days might be too much for it.

Better safe than sorry I say.It may appear a bit embarrassing that this has happened but with everything going on I'm delighted we have a game on.And with any luck the Clyde game will go ahead too now given favourable weather.

Nope I know that pitch, a proper vertidrain even done as late as today the pitch would cope with Saturday and Tuesday. Not sure who done it today and what sort of work was done. It wasn't my usual guy that done it.

Two home games off in October? That didn’t even happen at Boghead. Poor stuff from the club if you ask me. Unless it’s a ploy to play all away games without fans and then all home games when fans are allowed

Health and safety were a bit different in those days to be fair

Two home games off in October? That didn’t even happen at Boghead. Poor stuff from the club if you ask me. Unless it’s a ploy to play all away games without fans and then all home games when fans are allowed
Maybe, but that depends on what you define as 'the club'. On the one hand you have owners who have had no interest in this football club other than their now aborted attempt to use it as profit-taking collateral, and who could now stand to make money by starving it of investment, if they so choose.
On the other hand there is the DFC Board who haven't the proverbial pot to piss in, trying to keep the ship afloat in this most challenging of seasons. Don't take that as a ringing endorsement of the Board, but context is important here. But you are correct, it is indeed poor stuff and with no end in sight.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Maybe, but that depends on what you define as 'the club'. On the one hand you have owners who have had no interest in this football club other than their now aborted attempt to use it as profit-taking collateral, and who could now stand to make money by starving it of investment, if they so choose.
On the other hand there is the DFC Board who haven't the proverbial pot to piss in, trying to keep the ship afloat in this most challenging of seasons. Don't take that as a ringing endorsement of the Board, but context is important here. But you are correct, it is indeed poor stuff and with no end in sight.

They've never invested in the club so they're not exactly starving us of that money now. 

Anything that the board has managed to do since Brabco took ownership is despite them rather than because of them.

13 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

In the words of John McEnroe, you can't be serious?

We've got a groundsman with nearly 50 years experience the pitch will be sound now it has the proper work done to it.
Less pitch talk and more match chat now.
1-2 Sons. Late McGeever winner.

I’ve no doubt you are right but is the point not that the work should have been done in time for our first two home league games of the season

20 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I’ve no doubt you are right but is the point not that the work should have been done in time for our first two home league games of the season

The club obviously hoped the pitch would hold up a bit further into winter before having to spend the money on vertidraining the pitch. With hindsight it's perhaps a poor decision but in the current times I understand why they took the risk. One thing that might be worthwhile is seeing if we could start some sort of maintenance fund. If the club are extremely tight up for paying for this sort of thing every few months then I'd be happy to chip in 20 quid a month to help.