Sons V Airdrie

On 29/10/2020 at 12:42, Craig the Hunter said:

Glasgow University are scheduled at home in the WoSL on Saturday, so a switch wouldn't be possible anyway (unless it kicked off at something like 5.30)

Looks like something has gotta give. That's us definitely got a game on now, at any rate, which is good news. 

Let the Uni lads play in the morning, or on Sunday. 

Looks like something has gotta give. That's us definitely got a game on now, at any rate, which is good news. 
Let the Uni lads play in the morning, or on Sunday. 

The team that glasgow uni were supposed to be playing craigmark have tweeted saying their game tomorrow was off. I’d Imagine the agreed terms of letting them use our stadium is we have dibs on it.

3 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

The team that glasgow uni were supposed to be playing craigmark have tweeted saying their game tomorrow was off. I’d Imagine the agreed terms of letting them use our stadium is we have dibs on it.

Makes sense, but you'd have thought they could play the Sunday, or at a different time. Awk well, main thing is we have a game to watch. 

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Will it still be the Sons commentary team and how does the revenue work? Anyway 100% on so thats brilliant. Hopefully it triggers the Clyde fans.

Nope. It's officially our away game now and the January match will be our home game, so it's treated just like a standard Airdrie home fixture.

If the Diamonds want a commentary team and have two mics available then they're very welcome to give me and Chris a shout though.

42 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Nope. It's officially our away game now and the January match will be our home game, so it's treated just like a standard Airdrie home fixture.

If the Diamonds want a commentary team and have two mics available then they're very welcome to give me and Chris a shout though.

Presuming the pitch is still on doubt for Tuesday, do you think that game might be switched to Broadwood ? 

1 minute ago, macclyde+ said:

Presuming the pitch is still on doubt for Tuesday, do you think that game might be switched to Broadwood ? 

Ehm. I really don't know, it's not my place to really comment on these things - and it doesn't impact me because I'm not on commentary on Tuesday night anyway because I'm away.

I think the forecast yellow warning of rain combined with work only being done on the pitch today was the reason for tomorrow's match being moved. I'd certainly like to think that, by Tuesday, and assuming there isn't constant rain in the build up - the pitch will be fine by then.

In saying that it will be the first home league game I'll have missed since April 2011. So another postponement would suit me down to the ground.