Sons V Airdrie

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The forecast between now and Saturday is looking fairly pish. There’s also a weather warning in place for Saturday. I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see this one postponed given the rain we’ve had the last week and a half. 

Looking at the forecast, and given last week's call off, I'd give this game approximately no chance of going ahead. 

Looking at the forecast, and given last week's call off, I'd give this game approximately no chance of going ahead. 

Mental people moan about plastic pitches.

Should switch the game to New Broomfield with no fans have to travel anyway etc. Can’t see Dumbarton v airdrie attracting many PPV customers on a Tuesday night in November with champions league on the TV anyway.

6 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Should switch the game to New Broomfield with no fans have to travel anyway etc. Can’t see Dumbarton v airdrie attracting many PPV customers on a Tuesday night in November with champions league on the TV anyway.

I actually wouldn't be against this. Especially if, come Friday night, it isn't looking likely. I can imagine the players are just desperate for a game too - so doubt there would be any issues from their side. In fact New Broomfield is probably easier for most of our squad to get to given the strong Lanarkshire contingent we have.

I guess the only problem would be if your stadium was already booked for Saturday afternoon?

21 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

I don't get this Champions League thing. What self respecting fan is sitting at home with a choice to watch their own club or Chelsea vs Krasnador and opts to watch Chelsea? 

Given we're already playing less home games than away games, I doubt Jim Duffy will be happy to switch the fixture making us the only team in the division to play 15 away matches in a 27 game season. 

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't get this Champions League thing. What self respecting fan is sitting at home with a choice to watch their own club or Chelsea vs Krasnador and opts to watch Chelsea? 

Given we're already playing less home games than away games, I doubt Jim Duffy will be happy to switch the fixture making us the only team in the division to play 15 away matches in a 27 game season. 

Think he probably meant you would be at home when we next meet. So no additional away games

The weather is outwith their control, of course, but it will reflect quite badly on Dumbarton if they can't get either of their first two home games on, especially if no other games are rained off. 

If a swap would be practically possible, they should try it. Give us a game to watch.  

Personally I would always watch airdrie over anything but I know some who may take that standpoint.

As someone else stated I was suggesting we then play you away when we were meant to be at home. Under normal circumstances totally you’re correct but I think Jim Duffy and players alike would be glad just to get a game played after 7 months of no football at all. 2 out of your first 3 games postponed is far from ideal we’re not even out of October yet.

I actually wouldn't be against this. Especially if, come Friday night, it isn't looking likely. I can imagine the players are just desperate for a game too - so doubt there would be any issues from their side. In fact New Broomfield is probably easier for most of our squad to get to given the strong Lanarkshire contingent we have.

I guess the only problem would be if your stadium was already booked for Saturday afternoon?

Hadn’t thought of that mate and no idea of the viability of my suggestion . Just think in a season of uncertainty there should be an allowance for changes like that.

I suppose it'll depend on any work that has been done since Saturday. We havent had a properly dry day for a while but it hasnt been raining really heavily. If the groundskeeper has done some work then the pitch could cope with some more rain. If we get it really heavy between now and kick off then no chance.

19 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

The challenge to Airdrie fans, should they choose to accept it in the event of the game being postponed is to be less little bitches than the Clyde fans.

I’d make them odds on to be less tragic than the Clyde fans last week, not that that’s much of an achievement.

I take it clyde fans are under the impression that Dumbarton control the weather forecast

9 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Glasgow University are scheduled at home in the WoSL on Saturday, so a switch wouldn't be possible anyway (unless it kicked off at something like 5.30)

That's correct Glasgow University will be playing there home fixtures at the Penny Cars Stadium this season,    sensible to hire out the pitch where possible to increase revenue streams...

That's not what I said. I said if it has been vertidrained this week it will defo be on. If it hasn't it still has a chance as it's to be dry on Friday and it doesn't take long draining away at this time of year. Hope that is a bit clearer for you.

Great news. If it’s vertidrained tomorrow, game on ?