Sons V Airdrie

This really has to be on. It would be catastrophic PR for the club if both our opening two games of the season were postponed - and it certainly wouldn't bode well for winter. 

Quite looking forward to seeing Airdrie's exciting exotic arrivals in the flesh. How have Thomas Robert and Griffin Sabatini looked so far?

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This really has to be on. It would be catastrophic PR for the club if both our opening two games of the season were postponed - and it certainly wouldn't bode well for winter. 

Quite looking forward to seeing Airdrie's exciting exotic arrivals in the flesh. How have Thomas Robert and Griffin Sabatini looked so far?

Sabatini has been really good, a composed presence in the middle. 

Robert a bit part player thus far,  yet to really make an impact. Think he's seen as someone who'll come good after a prolonged period of adjustment. Definitely flashes of talent, so fingers crossed. 

Robert a bit part player thus far,  yet to really make an impact. Think he's seen as someone who'll come good after a prolonged period of adjustment. Definitely flashes of talent, so fingers crossed. 
'A composed presence in the middle'. Let me have a moment to think about.

Not confident at all about this one, Airdrie are one of the teams I’d expect to be challenging at the right end of the table and on paper have a superior squad to ourselves. Nothing is won on paper so if Duffy can get the tactics right on the day there’s no reason why we can’t take something. I’d be happy with a draw tbh. 

Out of interest, who did Airdrie replace Colin Cameron with? 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not confident at all about this one, Airdrie are one of the teams I’d expect to be challenging at the right end of the table and on paper have a superior squad to ourselves. Nothing is won on paper so if Duffy can get the tactics right on the day there’s no reason why we can’t take something. I’d be happy with a draw tbh. 

Out of interest, who did Airdrie replace Colin Cameron with? 

No one has officially replaced him yet. I think Sean Crighton is full-time so helps out with coaching during the day and Stuart Millar seems to have become more involved with the coaching too, though I’m not too sure whether that’s a good thing or not. 

I’m expecting a tough low scoring game here, much like the two games at Dumbarton last season. Dumbarton seem a bit weaker this season, especially going forward, so I can see a 1-0 Airdrie win happening. I doubt Murray will change the team too much but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kyle Connell get his first start in place of Gallagher or Sabatini.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
17 hours ago, AndyDD said:

'A composed presence in the middle'. Let me have a moment to think about.

Aye, take as long as you need. 

Hopefully by the time this game rolls around, Murray will have discovered that the object of the game is to score goals at the opposing team's end and has some did some work on attacking movement.

Edited by G_H

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Probably take a point right now but Airdrie might just be too strong. 0-1 to them. Airdrie will be up there at the end.

Hopefully the home fans give Muzz a decent reception. 

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, the snudge said:
Probably take a point right now but Airdrie might just be too strong. 0-1 to them. Airdrie will be up there at the end.
Hopefully the home fans give Muzz a decent reception. 

I'm wondering if he'll hear us shouting from our living rooms.

"Why don't you wave at the Pixellot more often, Ian?"

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I'll be buying the game regardless but out of curiosity how have Dumbarton's streams been thus far?

We've only streamed one game so far and other than Pixellot's server crashing it went well. Server issues appear to be sorted now so I doubt there will be any problem. Commentary provided as well.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

We've only streamed one game so far and other than Pixellot's server crashing it went well. Server issues appear to be sorted now so I doubt there will be any problem. Commentary provided as well.

Expect it will be much the same as our own, then. Awk well, at least we know what we're in for.