Ship hijacking

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Apparently it’s too much for the police and they’ve called for military assistance.

Seven stowaways are too much for the police.

Do the police regularly practice jumping out of helicopters onto the deck of ships at night to arrest possibly armed criminals?

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Do the police regularly practice jumping out of helicopters onto the deck of ships at night to arrest possibly armed criminals?

Why do they need to jump out of helicopters?  Why must this be done at night?  What evidence is there that the stowaways are armed?

You’ve really no thought this through have you.

Why do they need to jump out of helicopters?  Why must this be done at night?  What evidence is there that the stowaways are armed?
You’ve really no thought this through have you.

As someone mention it’s pretty much what the SBS are trained to do, so why wouldn’t they send them if the option was available?

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

As someone mention it’s pretty much what the SBS are trained to do, so why wouldn’t they send them if the option was available?

Apparently the helicopter came from the SAS headquarters, I'd love to know how that phone call went. Sorry lads I know you're the boat folk but we have the nod

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Doesn’t answer any of my questions.

You're at it.

An oil tanker out of control in the busiest shipping lane in the world, the crew locked in a room after issuing a mayday saying violent stowaways had taken over the ship and you're wondering why plod didn't row out and say "ello ello ello"? 

16 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You're at it.

An oil tanker out of control in the busiest shipping lane in the world, the crew locked in a room after issuing a mayday saying violent stowaways had taken over the ship and you're wondering why plod didn't row out and say "ello ello ello"? 

They don’t need to jump from helicopters at night.

They don’t need to jump from helicopters at night.
Especially in that area, SBS probably spent more time deciding if they needed to use boats or were just gonna have a short swim.....

Sky news presenter apparently asked an "expert" if the SBS would be well prepared for something like this given it doesn't happen very often [emoji1751]

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I really need to start these threads. In the last week I’ve been accused of masterbating on Zoom calls and now hijacking a cargo ship.

Never mind setting the Traveller community ablaze with ill chosen language.

6 hours ago, 101 said:

With an oil tanker being hijacked off the isle to wight in true ICT Chris style.

Have any P&B ers had their vessel hijacked

Have any P&B hijacked a ship?

When I was about 8 I was first in the queue for rowing boats at Springburn Park and a big boy cut in front. Does that count?