Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

Boys dry your eyes . It’s football it happens .  Pars next week already a huge game. A few of us on here got pelters for commenting on the Pars getting their team in place early doors , Plenty of time was the cry , well this is what happens when your putting your team together late . Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted to have Anderson , Smith and Cameron onboard . However the Pars have an early season advantage and this is a game of inches . 

On the up side , we can play . We just need to keep 11 players on the field and convert more of our chances . We also need a leader to emerge or be signed . 

Keep the faith guys , it’s small fixes .

57 minutes ago, North British said:

Boys dry your eyes . It’s football it happens .  Pars next week already a huge game. A few of us on here got pelters for commenting on the Pars getting their team in place early doors , Plenty of time was the cry , well this is what happens when your putting your team together late . Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted to have Anderson , Smith and Cameron onboard . However the Pars have an early season advantage and this is a game of inches . 

On the up side , we can play . We just need to keep 11 players on the field and convert more of our chances . We also need a leader to emerge or be signed . 

Keep the faith guys , it’s small fixes .

Pars will hammer us unfortunately.   We have absolutely bottled it today and shipped 3 laughable goals to a team who had barely threatened in 80 odd minutes.   Going to be hanging around the bottom end of the table if we need to be 3 or 4 goals up late on to win.  Defence is an absolute joke.  

Aaron Muirhead can gtf and not come back, absolute embarrassment.

That collapse is unacceptable regardless of whether you're down to ten men or not. Bunch of bottle jobs who should be ordered into training tomorrow morning. With a shortened season we can't afford arse collapses like that.

29 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Without the sending off we win that game. By far the better team. However, the defending for the last 10 minutes was beyond belief!

The red card clearly had nothing to do with it - with ten minutes to go Ayr were entirely comfortable and had even added to the lead after the red card.

It was just a monumental bottle job as Ayr so often do at the Theatre of Dreams.

The red card clearly had nothing to do with it - with ten minutes to go Ayr were entirely comfortable and had even added to the lead after the red card.
It was just a monumental bottle job as Ayr so often do at the Theatre of Dreams.

As far as bottle jobs in Greenock go this is far from the most painful.

Nope I disagree. Playing with 10 men is tiring and we didn’t create anything like the same chances with 10 compared to 11. If we had kept 11 on the field we would’ve won comfortably.
That said our defensive collapse was monumental.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Does Kerr not take some responsibility for the discipline of the team as well? We’re 3 games in and seen two red cards.

McCowan and Muirhead are nutters but I don’t remember them getting so many red cards under the previous manager.

Muirhead has spent his entire career puting in time playing games between red cards FFS. The issue there isnt who his manager is.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As far as bottle jobs in Greenock go this is far from the most painful.

One under McCalls first season when we were fighting for survival in league 1 was worse, pretty sure we were 1-0 up thanks to either JP or Crawford scoring and we went and conceded 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of something to lose 2-1, thought we were gonna go down after that game.

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

One under McCalls first season when we were fighting for survival in league 1 was worse, pretty sure we were 1-0 up thanks to either JP or Crawford scoring and we went and conceded 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of something to lose 2-1, thought we were gonna go down after that game.

March 2015. We made it 1-1 in the 90th minute then scored the winner 34 seconds after you kicked off.

Not a good result and a terrible last 10 minutes, can't pretend that ruins the 80 minutes before it, I thought we were excellent (even they idiot defenders) to that point. 

I thought obviously Smith was good but also McCowan and Moffat too, Anderson was lively in the first half until the Morton defenders took turns running into him in inconsequential areas of the park. 

We then undid all the good work through 4 individual errors. 

Muirhead - was having a good game and just lost the plot for no reason at all.  Idiot. 

Sinisalo - I have no idea what he was trying to do at any part of the first goal. Head exploded. 

Reading - what was that daft header at the second goal, compete gift :lol:

Houston - no even trying to mark his man at the third and just jogging along without a care in the world. No idea what he was up to. 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

March 2015. We made it 1-1 in the 90th minute then scored the winner 34 seconds after you kicked off.

Remember it well.  I was sat outside a pub in Portpatrick and after 90 mins at 1-0 had a 'get it up ye' message typed out to my Morton supporting father in law.  Went for a pish before sending and checked result when I got back up in case we had somehow conceded an equaliser and was just stunned.   Deleted it and briefly considered launching my phone into the harbour.  

Edited by Hursty

Well the booze is finished so after that celebration thought I would catch a flavour of how others seen the game.

While I would prefer to be there at least you get a clearer picture of what happens and not what you think happened. 

I thought Ayr were good as expected and Smith was outstanding. We seemed to lose the midfield and become detached and space developed between defence, midfield and forward line.

When Ayr went to ten men we up our game and took it to them without any real cutting edge. When Stapp went off injured Ayr took the opportunity of 10 v 10 and took the game to us and stopped defending deep resulting in a good second goal.

Well on a day like today it took us 80 minutes to realise that our best chance was to launch the ball into the box and see what happens.

Outcome a result and three valuable points the Hoppy way.

I am sure Ayr will do well this season so thanks for the points and positive comments on our streaming service which has improved each week.

With the news of further lockdown regulations it looks like PPV streaming will be the main source of income for the season so at least we have got that right still not sure we have our best team on the park but here's hoping.

13 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

With the news of further lockdown regulations it looks like PPV streaming will be the main source of income for the season so at least we have got that right still not sure we have our best team on the park but here's hoping.

Except we don't. A number of season ticket codes turned invalid yesterday.