Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

True. I probably don’t expect Morton to be fighting for top 4 but in this shortened season you never know. I suspect this season might throw up a few surprises though.

Not unless we've stumbled upon an early 1990s Serie A defence which seems unlikely. This will be a tough test given the respective direction of the squads over the close season. At least with Muirhead suspended we won't be handicapping ourselves from the start this week and McPake has offered a genuine threat for us so far. The sheer lack of goals in the team however is not going to away as easily though*.

1-1 

*Cue 5-0 win with five different scorers.

8 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:
In-depth preview of this game in this episode, each game is time stamped in the description, feedback appreciated.

Thanks, have only watched the Morton v Ayr bit. Thought it was good.

I think we will shade this 1 nil. Moffat with his 100th for Ayr (I will be predicting this every week until it happens).

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think we will shade this 1 nil. Moffat with his 100th for Ayr (I will be predicting this every week until it happens).

Appreciate that, thank you. Well that’ll be one of the boys predicting that as well now so cheers for the info 😂

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Moff's 100th will come against Alloa.

8 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:
In-depth preview of this game in this episode, each game is time stamped in the description, feedback appreciated.

"Should be a comfortable win for Ayr" , "fairly comprehensive" and "Morton might get the scalp of beating Ayr" .. would love to know what he's basing that rubbish on.

Ayr finished 4 point's ahead of us last season, there wasn't a lot between the sides generally and we only lost 3 games at home last season.

This season we have lost 1 in 4(in 90 minutes), Ayr, 1 in 5.

It all points to a tight game. That boy makes it out like it's David versus Goliath.

Ayr might well win but really don't understand or agree with his opinion on it

All set up for a 0-5 pumping now.. 

Wonder if the weather will play a part in Kerrs selection. Going to be a battle in that so going to be a battle in midfield, there won’t be much width. 

Sinisalo

Houston Baird Muirhead Reading 

Miller

Murdoch      Chalmers 

Smith

Cameron    Anderson

Subs: Hare-Reid, Roscoe, Hewitt, Kerr, McCowan, Zanatta, Moffat

That starting 11 can quickly change formation with Smith, Anderson and Millet all being able to play out wide. Just fancy Kerr to mix it up today. Great to have a squad that is able to have so many different permutations.  

It is an absolutely howling day in Greenock today. Would still 100% rather be in the cowshed than sitting in my living room mind you.

Strapp back in for the fanny Muirhead, McPake and Nesbitt wide, anyone through the middle since our centre forward options are garbage. 

Expect this one to be a battle. I predict a score draw.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just for comparison what was the wind speed when the game against Arbroath got abandoned at HT?

I think the wind was more sustained at Arbroath (to say the least!), but 60mph gusts would be too much to play football in.  Hopefully the BBC forecast is out. 

Think today will tell us a lot about what standard we're really at. While we've defended surprisngly well for large spells, on paper this is by far the most dangerous set of attacking options we've faced so far and lapses like failing to track runners or leaving acres of space on the wing due to the system being so flexible with wing backs bombing forward could be badly exploited. We'll need to be solid for a full 90 minutes, unlike the last 10 v Alloa or first 5 v Dundee.

If we deal well with them though it'll be a big cause for confidence that the defence gives us a genuine platform to build on and grind out points.

Genuinely baffled as to why it’s taking so long to get Houston back into the team. We’ll definitely concede with Roscoe in the team. 

Said this when I saw the team announced. It’s no criticism of Aero being at RB but we really need him next to Baird.

Looks a pretty attacking team as well.