Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

Still very early days for us and I’ve no idea how Morton have been doing either so f**k knows what to expect here. McCowan returns from suspension here and I think the support might be split as to whether he deserves to be put back in or not. I firmly believe he’s a real asset and we’d be doing more harm to our chances by leaving him out. Hopefully Zanatta is fit as well and maybe Houston can start as well.

Sinisalo

Houston/Hewitt

Aero

Baird

Reading

Murdoch

Chalmers

McCowan

Smith

Zanatta

Anderson

2-0 Ayr

Might be the best chance we get all year actually to predict what team Hopkin will put out... He looks wedded to the three at the back, so:

--------------McAdams-------------

---Fjortoft---McLean---McGinty---

Salkeld-Jacobs-McAlister-Strapp

--------Nesbitt----McPake---------

----------------Orsi-------------------

Ledger might come into the picture and Orsi did nothing on Saturday to keep his place, but that must be getting pretty close to our strongest line-up.

Hope I'm not tempting fate, but McLean already looks more steady this year than he did last year... another year older; maybe the lockdown break was good for him.

1-1.

I’d be hoping Cameron keeps his place up top with Anderson .  Zanatta (if fit) and Smithy on the flanks . Young Luke should be left to twiddle his thumbs until he grows up a bit . That’s twice he’s he’s left us a man down . 

4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Might be the best chance we get all year actually to predict what team Hopkin will put out... He looks wedded to the three at the back, so:

--------------McAdams-------------

---Fjortoft---McLean---McGinty---

Salkeld-Jacobs-McAlister-Strapp

--------Nesbitt----McPake---------

----------------Orsi-------------------

Ledger might come into the picture and Orsi did nothing on Saturday to keep his place, but that must be getting pretty close to our strongest line-up.

Hope I'm not tempting fate, but McLean already looks more steady this year than he did last year... another year older; maybe the lockdown break was good for him.

1-1.

This isn't far off how I would play it, but would replace McLean with Ledger and move Fjortoft into the middle of the back three.

Centre forward is the real worry, none of our strikers have looked like scoring in any of the games I've watched so far this season. Orsi probably the best of a poor bunch, as much for his fitness and physical presence than any real striking talent. 

Sinisalo

Houston Muirhead Baird Reading 

Miller Murdoch Chalmers Smith

Anderson Innes

Subs: Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Roscoe, Kerr, Zanatta, Moffat, McCowan 

Not sure how fit Houston is, really need to get Muirhead back at CB. Houston apparently looked good at RM when he came on yesterday, could maybe look at switching him and Miller. Fancy a 2-0 win here, Anderson at the double. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Craig McGuffie had much game time at Morton? How’s he looked?

No, only made four sub appearances last season and his only start this season was against Queen's Park, where he was bizarrely played through the middle rather than out wide. Hasn't shown anything but hasn't really had the opportunity to do so.

Ray McKinnon actually released Andy Murdoch. Two years later we're dicking about with Cameron Blues in midfield. At least McPake being available again means that diddy will likely be dropped.

Thank f**k there's no Muirhead this time.

Anyone's guess how we will line up at the moment. 

Strapp should come back in which should  give us a better balance and obvious quality over Muirhead. 

Still absolutely ridiculous that after 4 competitive games, we still have no sub keeper. I'm just waiting for a manager to set his team up to injure McAdams early doors by "accident"

We have looked strong defensively which should give us confidence and Mcpake coming back helps. Ayr squad looks decent but think we can edge this 1-0.

Unsure what way Kerr will set up for this one, we ended the Inverness games with a 3 at the back of Muirhead, Roscoe and Baird, with Reading and Houston on the wing, with Morton playing 3 at the back he may well set up like that however that'll restrict the wingers we can play. He might go with this.

Sinisalo

Muirhead-Baird-Roscoe

Houston-Miller-Chalmers-Reading 

Smith 

Cameron-Anderson 

Or just go for something more normal 

Sinisalo 

Houston-Muirhead-Baird-Reading 

Chalmers-Murdoch 

Zanatta-Smith-Moffat/McCowan

Anderson/Cameron 

5 hours ago, Jazzar said:

Sinisalo 

Houston Muirhead Baird Reading

Miller Murdoch Chalmers 

Smith(C) Moffat

Anderson

Subs: Cameron, MacCowan, Zanatta, Roscoe, Hare-Reid

The Christmas tree formation again🌲

Its too early for that.

@rb123! That doesn't look far away tbh. I dunno which one he'll go for. I can see the attraction of 2 up top but not sure Kerr will go for it. It'll be interesting to see what he goes for. I wouldn't be surprised if its a bit like the Inverness game where we start with 1 and then switch to 2 if we need to.

Edited by Trogdor

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Unsure what way Kerr will set up for this one, we ended the Inverness games with a 3 at the back of Muirhead, Roscoe and Baird, with Reading and Houston on the wing, with Morton playing 3 at the back he may well set up like that however that'll restrict the wingers we can play. He might go with this.

Sinisalo

Muirhead-Baird-Roscoe

Houston-Miller-Chalmers-Reading 

Smith 

Cameron-Anderson 

Or just go for something more normal 

Sinisalo 

Houston-Muirhead-Baird-Reading 

Miller/ Chalmers-Murdoch 

Zanatta-Smith-Moffat/McCowan

Anderson/Cameron

I really like the look of the bold lineup which is indeed pretty bold, it would probably be pretty unfair on Miller and Cameron to leave them out but excellent backup options along with Zanatta and Roscoe. It actually shows how strong a pool we now have especially with Walsh still to come back.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I reckon we’ll win this one. I’m never confident but I think we’ll win 0-2. Anderson and Cameron with the goals. 

Big grudge match with these guys now due to Tisder running over one of our stewards last season 🤡

Was Tidser not a Falkirk player last season? I think it must have been the season before if he was at Morton?