Cove vs Thistle 31st October

Do Cove play with Megginson and McAllister up front? If so that's some front line for this league. 

I'm not expecting to win this one, I feel like Cove are definitely underrated at the moment and we've been massively overrated. By other fans, not by our own fans, as we've witnessed the utter shite we've turned out in the last few years. 

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Do Cove play with Megginson and McAllister up front? If so that's some front line for this league. 

I'm not expecting to win this one, I feel like Cove are definitely underrated at the moment and we've been massively overrated. By other fans, not by our own fans, as we've witnessed the utter shite we've turned out in the last few years. 

So far we've started with Mitch up front and Jamie Semple playing the number 10 position behind him. Masson and McIntosh out wide and playing fairly high up.

Rory hasn't looked great since he came to us. To be honest he's past it and probably his level is L2. Once was deadly. He's got zero pace and not good enough for our starting 11. He'll be warming the bench for the rest of the season. I thought Hartley would look to sign another striker on loan in fact but so far he hasn't.

Saturday will be interesting. Partick are clearly a good side for L1 and have ambitions to bounce right back into the championship. Cove have similar plans to be promoted. Intrigued to see how we fare.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

best price cove 19/20 with hills, no matter how bad the thistle fans think their team is, this price is too short for a promoted team vs a relegated team (unless of course as said earlier, thistle are doing a brechin but surely no wi a colin's money tae spend?)...on an unrelated matter, Hibs 8/5 wi 365 tae beat (albeit a right up for it) hearts seems too big and i'l be haeing a sma lump on

1 hour ago, marello said:

best price cove 19/20 with hills, no matter how bad the thistle fans think their team is, this price is too short for a promoted team vs a relegated team (unless of course as said earlier, thistle are doing a brechin but surely no wi a colin's money tae spend?)...on an unrelated matter, Hibs 8/5 wi 365 tae beat (albeit a right up for it) hearts seems too big and i'l be haeing a sma lump on

Unless you know something the rest of us don’t know,....what money? 

18 minutes ago, marello said:

only what's in the public domain re your benefactor's extravagance before his sad passing

Before he died, Colin made the club debt free, and had put mass funding into the youth academy over a succession of years. Further to that, late 2019, his company bought the majority of shares in the club, and were preparing to hand over to the fans through the system of fan ownership, at that point sadly Colin died, although fan ownership, despite being well delayed just now, is still looking to go ahead, I think. 
Colin did great stuff with his money, and everyone is thankful, especially for the clearance of debt, but he didn’t ever actually spent money on the first team (managers budgets etc.) which is what I thought was being the suggestion, and certainly now as far as we know, there won’t be any money coming from his estate, although I think the academy is funded for until at least next year I’m sure. 

real shame he didn't have the time to enjoy his money...reported £2.5m (which I assume was to purchase the shares intended for transfer to the fans), reported £6m on youth academy (pitches, facilities etc although £6m would get you all of that plus a lot more) and who knows maybe he left a bit more in his will/estate...read somewhere he also had a box at barcelona, so messi one weekend and the jags the next, living the dream!! being debt free should allow you to invest more in players if so desired, certainly easier than for teams deep in debt already, although cove were in pretty healthy state pre-oil crash and probably still are (again in comparison to others in L1)

On 24/10/2020 at 19:32, marello said:

cove will have this game circled in their calendar since fixtures released, can't see them losing, draw at worst. consistently under rated but this team and back room infrastructure are headed to championship in next 3 years, maybe even this year if falkirk and thistle under perform

Where are they getting their money from? If they're bankrolled by their chairman, it's not hard to conceive of a situation in which he himself faces financial difficulties and you have another Gretna happening. 

Really looking forward to this one. Cove haven't been at their best in the first two leagues but played well at times and deserved both wins.

Partick should be stronger opposition and being a full time side there will be a heightened emphasis on proving we're good enough to justify our early position at the top of the league.

Expecting a tough game in unfavourable conditions. Hopefully Fyvie is back and our strength going forward remains.

All the best to both teams

Update: Fyvie still out with a knee injury

Line up could be;

McKenzie

Ross Strachan Higgins Milne

Masson  Yule Scully McIntosh

Semple

Mitch

Edited by CoveRangers1922

20 minutes ago, Reid said:

IMG_5954.thumb.jpg.5ce130e1df9065166cb8118ddf3ed320.jpg

Very little creativity and no pace or width. Weather’s meant to be horrible so the lack of width and creativity might not matter.

That is an apalling line up. A midfield of Niang, Docherty, Bannigan and Gordon is what I would expect if we were playing a good Prem team and hoping for a solid defensive display. 

Brian Graham's main strength is in the air. So why we have our 3 wingers on the bench is a total mystery, bad weather or not.

Cove win.