Cove vs Thistle 31st October

Both sides winning today, going to be a big game for both teams,. Our second half performance was a lot better today so I’m feeling more confident than I was originally. Cove will be wanting to keep their winning run going. Looks to be a tough game for us, Cove seem like they are a very good attacking team, defensively I have no clue to their level, would have to take their fans word on it. 

cove will have this game circled in their calendar since fixtures released, can't see them losing, draw at worst. consistently under rated but this team and back room infrastructure are headed to championship in next 3 years, maybe even this year if falkirk and thistle under perform

28 minutes ago, marello said:

cove will have this game circled in their calendar since fixtures released, can't see them losing, draw at worst. consistently under rated but this team and back room infrastructure are headed to championship in next 3 years, maybe even this year if falkirk and thistle under perform

Definitely one that Cove fans are looking forward to. Very interested to see how we shape up against a full time club. Against Hibs we were very impressive for large spells.

Will be full of confidence after back to back league wins to open the season. Wouldn't say we've played anything better than decent in the league yet.

Hopefully we have Fyvie back for this game.

Mitch 3 in 2 games and looking deadly!

Beat Partick and the wave of confidence and optimism will be huge

Edited by CoveRangers1922

39 minutes ago, kerly said:

Looking at the picture of cove ground on the net looks like a hill behind you could watch the game is that right

Opposite the main stand (actually only stand) there is a hill you could perhaps watch from. Against Hibs there were a few people up ladders behind one of the goals.

£10 per game to stream is decent and the best way to view it IMO. Balmoral is baltic in summer let alone October!

It'll be interesting. I think Cove will come out a bit more than previous opponents which will suit us, but additionally I think this is a "statement game" for Cove which worries me a bit. Its one thing beating up on league 2 and highland league shite and then victories over East Fife and Peterhead, but people will really start to notice them I think if they beat us as we're full-time and a title favourite.

24 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

It'll be interesting. I think Cove will come out a bit more than previous opponents which will suit us, but additionally I think this is a "statement game" for Cove which worries me a bit. Its one thing beating up on league 2 and highland league shite and then victories over East Fife and Peterhead, but people will really start to notice them I think if they beat us as we're full-time and a title favourite.

Full-time and tittle favourite maybe but just a slow and laboured in the build up as previous two years .

57 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Opposite the main stand (actually only stand) there is a hill you could perhaps watch from. Against Hibs there were a few people up ladders behind one of the goals.

£10 per game to stream is decent and the best way to view it IMO. Balmoral is baltic in summer let alone October!

How has your stream been ok

35 minutes ago, kerly said:

How has your stream been ok

It's alright, no frills. Commentary isn't the most rivetting to be honest but all in its worth £10 in my opinion.

Watched Peterhead vs Cove today and they had no commentators. Can't say I missed it that much. They had fan noises!

Screenshot_20201025-100118_Chrome.thumb.jpg.606d3add940ba9ccb377a1fa7cbf390a.jpg

Early days but I feel the bookies are underestimating Cove going by there's odds.

Hartley has taken Alloa from League Two to the Championship in consecutive years. Livingston have done similar recently.

I'm not sure how this will go but I'd take a point right now.

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Although it is early on in the season, we have played well in more games than we have played badly.

Fair point, the only game I thought we were really awful for the entire match was Clyde, even vs St Mirren, we were very good for large spells going forward. Queen’s Park, we were good second half, Queen of the South, I felt we’d have won outright with 11 men, and against Airdrie, it was close, but we were the better side in my opinion, and certainly going forward we were. 

17 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

You havent watched us for the last 3 years.

aye fair point but unless you're trying to out-brechin brechin coming fae premier league THREE seasons ago to forecasting 3-0 defeats is certainly lowered expectations