Dunfermline v Queens

Look at Arbroath. Pumped by Raith then a decent performance against Hearts. Just not having it that you are no-hopers here and it’s just not natural for us to keep winning all the time like this. 

We’re still on the same run despite replacing all the players. It’s almost as if they aren’t the problem.

I can honestly say I usually fear teams on a bad run coming to East End as we always seem to gift them their first win in donkeys but, no offence to Queens, I have no fear coming up against an AJ team looking to change its fortunes as the guy doesn't have it in him to tactically change anything. 

I always feel bad as he genuinely seems like a nice bloke but he's never a championship manager in a million years. Any manager worth their salt knows exactly how his teams are going to play every week and he doesn't have it in him to turn that around. I feel bad for Queen of the South fans being stuck with him.

I would never take anything lightly, but if Gregor Buchanan is your CB and you have to use Willie Gibson, who is completely done at this level, at LB then we should be causing them plenty of bother up top.

We have beat our two “bogey teams” and now face an abject Queen of the South, who have been beat their first two league games convincingly, whilst managed by the utter diddy that is Alan Johnston. All points to a disastrous afternoon for us.

I jest. If we keep doing what we have been we should be comfortably winning this with plenty to spare.

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Coming off the back of a terrible result takes the pressure off in some ways. A manager can forget about his style of play “philiosophy“ and just send the team out to restore a bit of oreee and credibility. 

Yes, oreee is vital in football.

I would never take anything lightly, but if Gregor Buchanan is your CB and you have to use Willie Gibson, who is completely done at this level, at LB then we should be causing them plenty of bother up top.

We have beat our two “bogey teams” and now face an abject Queen of the South, who have been beat their first two league games convincingly, whilst managed by the utter diddy that is Alan Johnston. All points to a disastrous afternoon for us.

I jest. If we keep doing what we have been we should be comfortably winning this with plenty to spare.
Gibson has looked ok going forward for us. Certainly against Ayr last week he was fine. It's just wrong to say he's done at this level. Is he a LB? No, and we will be in trouble any time he has to fill in there. Maxwell will be back for this game anyway surely?

It’s not the case we were beaten convincingly at Ayr. We lost 2-1 but it was far from a convincing Ayr win.

Pars are 1/2 with sky bet but 8/13 with McBookie, surely we’ll be a popular choice and I reckon by kick off on Saturday we’ll be 1/3 or lower.

6-1 Pars.

Pays 100/1.

If we play like we did against Ayr we are capable of getting something here. If it's similar to Saturday's performance then we really are in trouble and -2 @ 9/2 is printing money. Maxwell back in the side should give us a more natural back line but someone at the back really needs to step up to the plate at take charge now. The lack of shape was utterly embarrassing at times against Raith. If the CBs can't take charge then Ferguson needs to step up.

Fitzpatrick and Shields were anonymous on Saturday and that kills our attack instantly. Dobbie can't do it alone. If those two show up this week we can at least cause some damage.

Would be over the moon with a point here*.

* Providing it's not at the expense of a 2 goal lead.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pays 100/1.

If we play like we did against Ayr we are capable of getting something here. If it's similar to Saturday's performance then we really are in trouble and -2 @ 9/2 is printing money. Maxwell back in the side should give us a more natural back line but someone at the back really needs to step up to the plate at take charge now. The lack of shape was utterly embarrassing at times against Raith. If the CBs can't take charge then Ferguson needs to step up.

Fitzpatrick and Shields were anonymous on Saturday and that kills our attack instantly. Dobbie can't do it alone. If those two show up this week we can at least cause some damage.

Would be over the moon with a point here*.

* Providing it's not at the expense of a 2 goal lead.

Fitzpatrick's performance on Saturday made me yearn for Andy Stirling. 

Fitzpatrick's performance on Saturday made me yearn for Andy Stirling. 
He had an off day certainly but he wasn't any worse than Shields. Both have been great up until now. Too early to blame the surface but I did think any time he got the ball it got stuck in his feet. I haven't noticed that before Saturday, or at the other games at Palmerston tbf so it may well be he just wasn't at the races.

Aye it'll be 4-4-2 and the only question is who starts in the middle alongside Wilson. One of Whittaker, Turner, Murray or McInroy. Think Crawford prefers Whittaker at the moment so that seems most likely.

On 25/10/2020 at 08:26, palmy_cammy said:

We’re still on the same run despite replacing all the players. It’s almost as if they aren’t the problem.

QOTS are in a unique situation at the moment. Johnston will 100% get you relegated but he's also probably the best man to get you promoted back to the Championship at the first attempt. 

Have a feeling Dunfermline have given out a few hidings to QOTS over the past few years. IIRC there was a hammering on the eve of QOTS Scottish Cup Final in 2008 and another one during the run in to the Pars getting promoted in 2011. Think I may have been at both.