Dunfermline v Queens

Thought Turner was our MOTM, great play for our penalty and generally good on the ball, getting into some good positions. 

Shout out to Gibson who actually did really well up against Thomas. Thought we'd get a lot of joy from that side but not really. Seems like we were playing the 4-4-2 with 3 central midfielders, Alex Burke-esque. 

Phew! We made hard work of that. Poor second half from us. In fact we didn't play well today in general. There were some passages of play but it was a bit disjointed overall and we couldn't control things and create chances for any sustained period of time. We let Queens back in to it with a daft penalty to concede and had a few nervy moments.

Thankfully we took our chances and managed to get the win.

I hope Comrie isn't out injured for us for any length of time, he's a huge player for us at right back. 

Great to win when we're not playing so well. We're really missing the quality of Nisbet up there to make something out of nothing (aye I know O Hara did last week!). McManus had a decent game but a lot of the time his game is looking for a foul, which can be frustrating at times. Still, scored a penalty and did well. 

OFTW had a 'mare for QS's first goal, no more of that please.

Tried our best to throw that away. Poor from us second half. Why do we seem to play for one half every week.

Took our time to find our feet in the first half, but when we did we played some really nice stuff. Deserved 2-0 lead at h/t.  We need to stay on the front foot when we are dominating games. We're a bit too happy to go deep with a lead at times.

OFW WTF. Wilson very rash too for their penalty (though he was good apart from that). Whittaker looks finished in all honesty. He was out on his feet after the hour mark. Slow to react to situation as well. Really hope Comrie is OK.

Delighted to take the points and move on to Ayr.

Edited by Chubbychops

Well we're nothing if not consistent. Another game where we had to go 2 behind before we attempted to threaten the opposition and another 2 crosses conceded to keep up our 2 game average.I just hope our manager can quickly figure out what our biggest issue is right now. I'm scratching my head and I just can't seem to figure out what's going wrong for us. If you're reading AJ I'll give you a massive clue: 6 of our 10 goals conceded have been because our players haven't marked the opponent at crosses. You might want to start there.

Dreadful today. Started to play too late yet again and I found it laughable that we were somehow still in the game today. We are going to take an embarrassing hiding at some point this season. 3 games in and I feel past rage and more resignation. Something needs to seriously change or we're going down without a fight. I'm struggling to see where a win comes from which is the biggest worry.

Surprised at the score being close, no offence to Queen of the South fans but I’d have fancied Pars to win by a couple after last week especially at East End. Was it a much improved performance by the Doonhammers or were Dunfermline just not at the races? Still early in the season so difficult to judge team’s until we’ve all played each other once.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surprised at the score being close, no offence to Queen of the South fans but I’d have fancied Pars to win by a couple after last week especially at East End. Was it a much improved performance by the Doonhammers or were Dunfermline just not at the races? Still early in the season so difficult to judge team’s until we’ve all played each other once.

What’s a Doonhammer?

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

If we decided to turn up second half we would racked up a few.

It was a job done attitude, shite goalkeeping and a stupid rash challenge that let Queens in.  We look really good when we are on the front foot, some lovely football from us in that first half.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

If we decided to turn up second half we would racked up a few.

It was a job done attitude, shite goalkeeping and a stupid rash challenge that let Queens in.  We look really good when we are on the front foot, some lovely football from us in that first half.

We are pish but your goals were also gifted to you by pish defending at 2 corners and a stupid rash challenge In the box. 

I thought QoS were reasonably capable going forward today, with Fitzpatrick being the standout as an attacking threat. They are so fragile defensively though. The opening goal being a case in point - if such cheap goals are being surrendered weekly it must give the side such a mountain to climb.

The Pars were competent enough but never fully got into a groove. I thought the concession of the 2nd goal really knocked us off our stride but I can't complain with us picking up 3 more points

I missed QoS first as my internet went down right before it. We more or less made it difficult for ourselves. We were comfortably in front and decided to gift Queens one of the cheapest penalties ever. That’s a shame to see Wilson do that as he has been terrific out with that for us. End of the day, a win is a win, and, yet again, I find myself saying it but we have won when I don’t think we’ve even been playing at our best.