Dunfermline v Queens

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, not particularly, but you're missing the point. You didnt say other teams had better subs (they may well do, clearly clubs like Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee in particular have far deeper squads). What was said was that other clubs had players on the bench who were capable of improving the first eleven and we didnt. Which is complete nonsense unless you are suggesting all the other managers are deliberately starting with better players on the bench than they have on the pitch.

In any event, Dan Pybus has been a regular starter for over a year who was on the bench as he was coming back from a hamstring strain. We were missing our regular left back through suspension too which weakened the squad. And Kieran McKechnie is injured though he would have been dismissed too as unproven no doubt. Which is true, but its also true of several of the players you have chosen to list above as 'game changers'. Calvin McGrory was probably our best player when he came on. 

But you're entitled to think our subs are rubbish if you like, thats fine. My issue was the suggestion that having players on the bench not as good as those on the pitch was somehow 'strange'.

I'd like to see a source for that Andy Stirling assist stat too? 9 in the league? Really? There's a reason why he went to Alloa and couldnt get a game there before dropping a division. He has some talent for sure but there's rarely an end product. He got fouled for at least one penalty Dobbie scored right enough. Does that count as an assist?

Andy Stirling assists - sources BBC / Wyscout and Transfermarket

7 league, 2 cup(s)

14.7 Stranraer, 1.9 Ayr (penalty win), 8.9 Crusaders, 22.9 Partick, 6.10 Alloa, 29.10 Falkirk, 17.11 ICT, 29.12 Ayr, 26.1 Partick

I would suggest that McGowan, Naismith and O’Hara for example would improve their teams but given the opposition shape / personal and potentially surfaces etc they aren’t always included in the starting 11.

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

He might be your first choice but hes made less than 20 appearances at this level. 

Not saying he isnt any good but he is still relatively unproven, or at least inexperienced

Inexperienced maybe but I would say he has shown he can comfortably play at this level. Itzdirk is probably the only Ayr fan who may disagree. 😂

For the sake of completeness our bench was pretty weak as well as Walsh, Zanatta & McCowan were all out.

Feeling confident for tomorrow. Which probably means we'll get absolutely smashed.

O'Hara has earned his recall to the 11, Fraser Murray dropping out. Be interesting what we do with Mayo/McInroy as I think the parent clubs will be expecting starts but they don't deserve to replace anyone in the first 11 yet.

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Inexperienced maybe but I would say he has shown he can comfortably play at this level. Itzdirk is probably the only Ayr fan who may disagree. 😂

For the sake of completeness our bench was pretty weak as well as Walsh, Zanatta & McCowan were all out.

No problem with that. Maxwell has only played a few games for us but he's clearly good enough to play at this level. He's still relatively unproven though

14 minutes ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Cameron standing out and with a goal every 3 games in league below shown he deserves the chance.  Differing opinions but that’s what it’s all about. All the best to Queens at the weekend 

Whether someone is relatively unproven at this level or not isnt really an opinion.

Whether they are good enough or not is, as Trogdor pointed out.

10 minutes ago, DBA said:

Feeling confident for tomorrow. Which probably means we'll get absolutely smashed.

O'Hara has earned his recall to the 11, Fraser Murray dropping out. Be interesting what we do with Mayo/McInroy as I think the parent clubs will be expecting starts but they don't deserve to replace anyone in the first 11 yet.

Hmmm, not sure about that. They will both be disappointed if they expect their players to he starting each week.

Mayo might actually start tomorrow though depending on Watson's injury

They're both good players to have in the matchday squad.

Hmmm, not sure about that. They will both be disappointed if they expect their players to he starting each week.
Mayo might actually start tomorrow though depending on Watson's injury
They're both good players to have in the matchday squad.
Exactly my point. Celtic and Rangers would expect their young players to be regulars in a mid-table/playoff Championship team, especially given their pedigrees in the youth teams. Great squad players to have from our point of view, but hopefully there's no pressure on the manager for more game time!

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Worried about today emoji85.png

Magic and Sandy back in the dugout,  no players added (afik) before the loans window closed,  probably starting with the same central defence as last week, what's there to be worried about?

On the plus side Maxwell should be back in at left back which means Wullie Gibson won't be,  but he could move up into midfield ok,  and him and Dobbie can concentrate on their own games instead of being stand-in Managers. 

Hope the players are hurting after last week and can put in a hard shift to at least avoid another drubbing. A draw?  Yes please. 

I didn’t see the Raith game due work (thankfully) but I have seen us play decent against Morton, play well against Partick, very well against St Mirren being unlucky not to win and completely dominate the second half against Ayr.

Do I think we’ll win today? No. But it may not be as bad as people are making out.

Going forward we look good. Defence is the worry. IF we can sort out the defence we can take something from the game.

14 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

. IF we can sort out the defence we can take something from the game.

I doubt it's going to be sorted in a week considering our defence has been a problem for a large part of 3 seasons. No one expects them to do anything extraordinary,  simply concentrate on the jobs they are supposed to do. As has been said before though, the defence will always be under extra pressure if the midfield don't cover back or win the ball further up the park. If that happened we maybe wouldn't be giving away as many corners or chances for opposition to get crosses in. 

I do think a large part of the problem last week was the two ‘sitting midfielders’. I’d play McGrory and Pybus in there if Pybus is fit to play the full 90.

Wouldn’t be surprised also to see Johnston pull one of shields or Fitzpatrick and have Dobbie coming off the left with McKee off East or Shields potentially. Do think that would make us a bit more solid.

I do think a large part of the problem last week was the two ‘sitting midfielders’. I’d play McGrory and Pybus in there if Pybus is fit to play the full 90.

Wouldn’t be surprised also to see Johnston pull one of shields or Fitzpatrick and have Dobbie coming off the left with McKee off East or Shields potentially. Do think that would make us a bit more solid.
We never had any bite in midfield so for that reason alone I expect Pybus will come in. As long as he plays a short pass to someone who can pass a ball then I wouldn't be too against it. McCabe has looked ok when playing passes forward but his lack of tracking players is concerning. McKee has cost us two goals so far as well.

Putting Dobbie wide left wouldn't surprise me at this stage with AJ. Why even attempt to be a threat against Dunfermline...
Yep, think this could be very painful. 
I have the fear. I took Pars -2 for security. I sincerely hope it's a wasted bet though. It would be vintage QoS to go get a result when everyone expects a hiding mind you.