Dunfermline v Queens

4 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

He scored a hat trick in a 5-2 win at EEP a couple of seasons bsck

I remember. That was nearly 3 years ago. And since then?

Edited by DA Baracus

23 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

To be fair that game is within your 2 goals in 12 games comment timeframe even allowing for games he missed. It’s 4 goals for n the 7 games he’s featured in.
Other than that your point stands though.

The hatrick game is a one off here tho,   He has only scored in 3 games since his return.   One of which a penalty. Given how he is such a talent we’ve done fairly well at keeping him quiet.

The hatrick game is a one off here tho,   He has only scored in 3 games since his return.   One of which a penalty. Given how he is such a talent we’ve done fairly well at keeping him quiet.

That’s a fair point. Hopefully this optimism will look silly on Saturday but in all honesty I’ve no anticipation of that, none of which is a criticism of Dobbie.

Since the beginning of the 16/17 season, Dobbie has played in 12 games against us and scored from open play in 2 of them. Even adding in the scoring of a penalty in another game, that still suggests we’ve done a good job against such a prolific scorer.

We have a habit of bottling games like this though, when facing out of form teams. So I fully expect him to score another hat trick in this game...

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Since the beginning of the 16/17 season, Dobbie has played in 12 games against us and scored from open play in 2 of them. Even adding in the scoring of a penalty in another game, that still suggests we’ve done a good job against such a prolific scorer.

We have a habit of bottling games like this though, when facing out of form teams. So I fully expect him to score another hat trick in this game...

Love you 

CallumPar👍

Tough one for us as losing 5 to Raith will mean they will be going all out to shore things up for the trip to East End. 

I’m an unashamed fan of The Craw though and his new tactic of winning every single game we ever play is a stroke of genius. 

4 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Tough one for us as losing 5 to Raith will mean they will be going all out to shore things up for the trip to East End. 

I’m an unashamed fan of The Craw though and his new tactic of winning every single game we ever play is a stroke of genius. 

Tbh shoreing things up is some job

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Tbh shoreing things up is some job

I’m seeing a Rhys McCabe masterclass incoming. TBF to the Queens player there, he was up against the league leaders and won’t face that kind of quality/scrutiny every week.

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Towards the end of last season QoS were on a terrible run and we were predicted to win comfortably but still came to EEP and got a draw. 

Coming off the back of a terrible result takes the pressure off in some ways. A manager can forget about his style of play “philiosophy“ and just send the team out to restore a bit of oreee and credibility. 

3 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Towards the end of last season QoS were on a terrible run and we were predicted to win comfortably but still came to EEP and got a draw. 

We’re still on the same run despite replacing all the players. It’s almost as if they aren’t the problem.

5 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

I’m seeing a Rhys McCabe masterclass incoming. TBF to the Queens player there, he was up against the league leaders and won’t face that kind of quality/scrutiny every week.

Maybe he will but Stevie will open his chest of tactics, look back at the Inverness game and instruct one of the players to injure their best player, allowing us to win the game.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Maybe he will but Stevie will open his chest of tactics, look back at the Inverness game and instruct one of the players to injure their best player, allowing us to win the game.

If that's the tactic our best player is Buchanan.  Pass it on.