Dundee vs Raith Rovers

When was the last time we won at Dens in the league? Weirdly, I think we have won our last 3 Scottish Cup ties there but I can’t remember a league win off the top of my head.

Good shout. Five Dundee wins and five draws since the last Rovers league win at Dens, which was a 2-0 win in April 1995 in the First Division title run-in.

Three Scottish Cup wins (95, 2010, 2013) in the same timeframe.

Davidson and Benedictus both played for Dundee in the last league meeting of the teams at Dens, a 0-0 in 2014.

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Scotty dog Gordon Wallace (mk2) went to Dundee Utd. Might have been a tad before your time though.

Nah, Scotty is one old fucker, even older than me and I remember GW Mk 2

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Scotty dog Gordon Wallace (mk2) went to Dundee Utd. Might have been a tad before your time though.

Ha! I just came in and re-read my post and thought "hang on, he went to Utd in exchange for the return of Mk 1". Actually Bill, all the players I listed were in my time supporting, The departure of the young GW was my 1st full season H&A.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

The weather is meant to be a bit windy on Saturday. That won’t help our free-flowing Kirkcaldy brand of football. We may have to settle for the draw.

A bit windy? It's forecast between 40-60mph!

I just hope that these conditions don't bring  us down to Dundee's level. Silky passing flowing soccer may well not be de riguer tomorrow.🥴

Just now, embow said:

I just hope that these conditions don't bring  us down to Dundee's level. Silky passing flowing soccer from front to back may well not be de riguer tomorrow.🥴

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Gordon Wallace,

Keith Wright,

Nacho Novo. 

Telt

Novo wasnt a striker at Raith.  you said "we usually take Raith’s good strikers". We have had plenty of good strikers since Keith Wright so thanks for confirming you were talking pish. 

Edited by RR #1

21 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Novo wasnt a striker at Raith.  you said "we usually take Raith’s good strikers". We have had plenty of good strikers since Keith Wright so thanks for confirming you were talking pish. 

FFS it’s Raith Rovers we’re talking about. The 4 mentioned are the only 4 good strikers your club has had in the last 50 years. 

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Gordon Dalziel,Colin Harris,Ian Ferguson to name another 3 off the top of my head.

We’ll file those 3 under pish as well. 

Colin Harris still gives me the fear. Scored  after about 17 seconds of his debut and was pish from then on. 

Edited by Yenitit

I just hope that these conditions don't bring  us down to Dundee's level. Silky passing flowing soccer may well not be de riguer tomorrow.🥴

Wind coming from the southwest as well which is probably the worst angle at Dens, through the gap between the Derry and home end. Will certainly be a test of Charlie Adam’s long ball accuracy...

57 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

FFS it’s Raith Rovers we’re talking about. The 4 mentioned are the only 4 good strikers your club has had in the last 50 years. 

Thank you. 

Craig Brewster?

He preferred the dayglow club across the road. Maybe it was the snazzier strips. Maybe it was because they were a bigger club. Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner...

Edited by Scary Bear

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Craig Brewster?

He preferred the dayglow club across the road. Maybe it was the snazzier strips. Maybe it was because they were a bigger club. Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner...

He’s pish. 

Didier Agathe is the only other id remotely consider but he ended up playing most of his career at wingback. 

Edited by Yenitit