Dundee vs Raith Rovers

Good result today for a Rovers side with a fair few injuries.  Looking at our bench at half time and the lack of experience there-on I’d have taken a point there an then never mind in the 89th min!
Dundee are a bigger club than us, arguably  the second biggest in this League but on today’s showing definitely  nothing special. Ok so one or two good players but then so have we, “two mid table sides not to get excited about “ said someone and that might not be far from the truth. Not sure binning the allegedly incompetent McPake would cure all ills them though as there doesn’t look a wealth of quality there.

Poor conditions for good football but things weren’t falling for Rovers who started well and then drifted out of things, all in all it’s a point gained.

Edited by Scottydog

To these Dundee fans that seem to think they were good today.. what did you see that I didn’t?

Never really offered much going forward and didn’t have much to defend against but when called upon, terrible defending for our goal.. am I missing something? ‘Lower calibre’ of opposition.. maybe you’re just not that good?? 

Edited by Holy Marv

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

A team of that calibre,  that's right we have a management team that knows what they are doing, we are not paying over the odds for past it midfielders instead we have 2 x 19 yr olds, a 22 yr old and 23 yr old.  Just how much is Adam taking per week. We have a team spirit togetherness something you could learn from. Let's face it your a team that teeters on the edge of extinction but nevermind you are a massive team, not.

Charlie Adam probably gets more than our whole squad put together. Embarrassing or what!!

Grow a set of bollocks Nelms, and tell him it's not working out, don't sack him, tell him he's going back to working with the youths, (where I think he's been good) and if he doesn't like it, then part company.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

06970e07446a46148a6f1ef65dfe34ce.gif

That happy John McGlynn face makes me happy, oh a high coup. In all seriousness Smudger has to take a lot of the credit. He showed faith in the squad, and by god they delivered 

Edited by baillieinleeds

28 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

A team of that calibre,  that's right we have a management team that knows what they are doing, we are not paying over the odds for past it midfielders instead we have 2 x 19 yr olds, a 22 yr old and 23 yr old.  Just how much is Adam taking per week. We have a team spirit togetherness something you could learn from. Let's face it your a team that teeters on the edge of extinction but nevermind you are a massive team, not.

Holy smokes, what a load of shite. 

23 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Charlie Adam probably gets more than our whole squad put together. Embarrassing or what!!

Worth every penny, going by today's performance. 

15 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Charlie Adam player manager by December

Can we move it forward to November, please? 

I thought a draw was fair overall. In saying that, we were poor for the best of an hour really, but we deserved the draw. 

1-0 was fair at half time. Dundee weren't great, but had created some good openings and the goal was a bit of quality from Adam. 

Possibly got away with one when Hendry hit his own bar, but that seemed to wake us up a bit. 

After Adam went off we had a lot more joy in the midfield and to be honest probably deserved the goal. 

Far from our best, but it's important to remember we finished that game with Ross, Duku, McDonald and Vaughan all not in the park. 

Being able to go to Dens and come away with a draw and still feel a bit dissapointed just shows that we are making progress.

We weren’t great but we really grew into that second half and the goal when it did arrive was deserved. Accept that may partly have been Dundee weirdly shitting the bed but that isn’t our problem.

A massive stroke of luck with the penalty shout, right enough. Can’t believe that wasn’t given, felt the ref had a very strange afternoon all round and seemed to get most things wrong.

Four strikers out, a centre back at left back for the majority of the game, and a new guy up top on his own. A draw at Dens Park isn’t too bad out of that. Hopefully it gives us confidence, Hendry and Tait were uncharacteristically poor and I felt we have Dundee more respect than they deserved.

Great start to the season overall.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Grow a set of bollocks Nelms, and tell him it's not working out, don't sack him, tell him he's going back to working with the youths, (where I think he's been good) and if he doesn't like it, then part company.

Thank you.

As the greatest lyricist of his generation once sang:  “You say that the day just never arrives and it’s never seemed so far away.  Still, I know it’s gonna happen someday”.