Dundee vs Raith Rovers

Lolz at both Raith fans trying to manufacture some sort of GIRFUY after what will ultimately be a meaningless draw between two shite mid table teams.

And also lolz at a season of McPake tactics consisting of largely cack football bailed out by the occasional Charlie Adam screamer.

First half Dundee edged it and it was a great strike from Adam. Second half I think we were the better team. Point each is probably about right. We really missed duku today and it showed we don't have any real attacking options on the bench. Hopefully the injuries clear up ASAP as we could go on to have a good season with our full squad fit. Commentary was brutal but it's going to happen from time to time with fans providing it.

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Lolz at both Raith fans trying to manufacture some sort of GIRFUY after what will ultimately be a meaningless draw between two shite mid table teams.

And also lolz at a season of McPake tactics consisting of largely cack football bailed out by the occasional Charlie Adam screamer.

I'm sure you will be just as calm when admin 3 kicks in.

If we are to get a goal it’ll probably be from a set piece or a mistake.

And so it proved. Delighted for Frankie to Nick the goal. Heard him in a few interviews now and he seems like a very nice lad. Depending on Davidson and McDonald’s injury he now has a chance to get a run at centre half.

Dundee definitely threw that away today. Sometimes you get opposition supporters complaining about their manager and it's a little difficult to understand when you only see their side sporadically. Last week it was immediately apparent that the Queens' fans were spot on about their defensive frailties, and that second half today is unmistakable evidence for the Dundee prosecution. 

Dundee didn't create a huge amount, I can't recall Jamie MacDonald making a proper save, but they were comfortable for the first hour or so. The Rovers didn't look like making anything happen, and didn't have anyone on the bench to come on and change things.

I said at half-time we needed to find a way to get the ball, and our midfield, closer to Lokotsch. We weren't going to do that under our own steam, and then McPake moved his team around and dropped 30 yards. Suddenly we're putting on pressure and winning set pieces. I don't think a goal was necessarily "always coming" but we've got enough aeriel threat that it's a big risk to let us have that many corners. 

It's a really good point for the Rovers, and takes us another week closer to getting some of our injured players back. Fingers crossed it's nothing to see serious for Davidson and, more importantly, MacDonald. 

Really pleased for Musonda. He's not a left back, but he hasn't hidden this week or last deputising there. Can't be too many centre backs in this league who can deliver crosses with both feet. 

Morton have done very well to come back and win today, but the Rovers will still have their tails up for next week. No reason why we can't get another positive result and keep this form rolling. 

Dees were the better team overall and our midfield had a poor day with several misplaced passes. 1-0 no complaints at half-time, neither team seemed to create a massive amount of chances and I can’t recall any good saves so that says a lot. Dundee failed to get the second goal and were punished for it as they invited pressure on themselves quite a few times towards the end. Happy to take a point on the road, 7 points from 3 games in a shortened season is a great start. Next up Morton for us.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There should be a fan commentary option for all games, like Sky used to have. 

It'd be good to have that option for the folk happy to give and take a bit of stick but as it stands I think our commentators give a great account of the club.