Dundee vs Raith Rovers

Tell me about it, Saturday past would have been a great away day as well as this Saturday.

Ffs, I don’t think any of us will ever take Alloa away for granted in future. [emoji17]

It was our best away performance last season. Freezing midweek game.

Looking forward to watching the game, which hopefully goes ahead. Some serious rain forecast for Scotland from early tomorrow morning.

Ethan Ross being fit is absolutely huge news, I had visions of him having broken his foot and having his loan cancelled. He’s been excellent since he signed and we visibly got weaker on the left side when he had to go off on Saturday. Fingers crossed Vaughan’s second injection for his scar tissue has solved the problem but I’m sure Paul Smith mentioned another period of inactivity for him in yesterday’s pre-match interview, so I’d be surprised to see him here. Lars Lokotsch gives us another dimension up front, and means we will be able to maintain our structure when Manny tires. I feel like he’s been kept on a bit longer than the management team would’ve liked in previous games due to not really having a similar option off the bench. Lokotsch coming off the bench to body tiring defenders after Manny has run them around the park for 70 minutes sounds like a good plan.

How is the Dundee stream? Doesn’t seem to be Pixellot, so presumably it’s actually watchable?

I missed the game last week so looking forward to this. Seems our injury problems aren’t quite as bad as feared but MacDonald would be a massive miss if he can’t make it. We haven’t seen a lot of Musonda but he definitely gives me vibes of a big centre back out of position at full back.

Hopefully an unchanged team with big Lars ready to come on as and when he’s needed.

Bought the stream, buzzing! Off to the shop to get some Torps loaded in to the fridge so they’re good to go for 2pm onwards tomorrow.

Odds on Bet365:
Dundee (1/1), Draw (5/2), RRFC (21/10).
Dundee slightly edging probably is accurate, but I really do think we’ll at least get a point here. Very tight and difficult game though.

Same XI as last week, hopefully.

With Hearts not playing, it would great to extend the lead by 3.

12 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Bought the stream, buzzing! Off to the shop to get some Torps loaded in to the fridge so they’re good to go for 2pm onwards tomorrow.

Odds on Bet365:
Dundee (1/1), Draw (5/2), RRFC (21/10).
Dundee slightly edging probably is accurate, but I really do think we’ll at least get a point here. Very tight and difficult game though.

Same XI as last week, hopefully.

With Hearts not playing, it would great to extend the lead by 3.

Think your phone has autocorrected 11am, WSDR.

I think this is a real litmus test for both teams.

Judging only by early indications (and that's all they are), Dundee look to be punching below their weight whilst the Rovers are punching over theirs. 

A draw or a Rovers win and you're looking at those outlooks really being cemented, particularly in a shortened season. If McPake is going to have a successful season, he needs to be winning home games against Raith Rovers. On the other hand, before the season the Rovers are looking at a trip to Dens as more-or-less a free hit. Taking something, coupled with the two previous results, and it's a gold standard start to the season. 

It's going to be very interesting to see how this game plays out, and to what extent the teams conform to their form versus pre-season expectations. 

Personally, I think you're looking at goals in this one. Both teams look much more comfortable going forward. Jordon Forster looks like exactly the sort of huddy defender (Hiya Gregor Buchanan, hiya pal!) that this Rovers side is set up to exploit. Equally, though, Davo and Benedictus won't be delighted at the prospect of facing someone like Afolabi. Gonna just play Sow? 

20 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think this is a real litmus test for both teams.

Judging only by early indications (and that's all they are), Dundee look to be punching below their weight whilst the Rovers are punching over theirs. 

A draw or a Rovers win and you're looking at those outlooks really being cemented, particularly in a shortened season. If McPake is going to have a successful season, he needs to be winning home games against Raith Rovers. On the other hand, before the season the Rovers are looking at a trip to Dens as more-or-less a free hit. Taking something, coupled with the two previous results, and it's a gold standard start to the season. 

It's going to be very interesting to see how this game plays out, and to what extent the teams conform to their form versus pre-season expectations. 

Personally, I think you're looking at goals in this one. Both teams look much more comfortable going forward. Jordon Forster looks like exactly the sort of huddy defender (Hiya Gregor Buchanan, hiya pal!) that this Rovers side is set up to exploit. Equally, though, Davo and Benedictus won't be delighted at the prospect of facing someone like Afolabi. Gonna just play Sow? 

Forster injured. Unlucky.

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Unfortunately, Forster is out injured so you'll have to deal with competent defenders in a competent formation. We'll have the largely untested from last week Calum Ferrie in goal though, so this will be a good indication of his skill probably.

48 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

No. 

If our tactics aren’t to get those 2 centrehalf’s of yours turning then McPake’s lost the plot. Hopefully we see Jakubiak on the park at some point. 

Liked the boy Hendry for you guys against us last season and Duku? might be 1 to keep an eye on because we usually take Raith’s good strikers off them 👍 missed out on Nisbett unfortunately!

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Quite good, with replays of goals/incidents.

Yeah I was surprised by the replays. Never buffered once and with the replays thrown in it was pretty good. 

I clicked on the main screen rather than player 1,2,3 etc and was perfect. 

Edited by Yenitit