Dundee vs Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

He has played most of his career as a midfielder so he does have those attributes. Are dobbie and davo not a similar age?

Dobbie’s got about 13 months on Davo...and is probably a higher standard of player still. I agree that Davo has been great for us, but much like Bene, I’m not sure they’re fully up to the task of being the frontline defenders on the Championship. On the other hand, I’m pretty certain that the FM bois are not ready to step in either, so Berger’s cannot be choosers.

Raith seem like good c***s...

However, I hope we ride them rotten. 

Thank you. 

Totally agree. Great guys I hope we leave them battered, bruised, beaten and bloody.

Don’t see it though. Raith have got a wise, experienced manager, bit like Dick Campbell, whereas we have a clueless, vacant, imbecile. I see this as a Rovers victory, probably by 2 goals.

How’s Benedictus been doing? That’s a long time he’s been in Kirkcaldy and in truth we’ve signed dozens of CHs since he left and many of them have been significantly poorer.

When Bene first came to us and got paired with Toshney he was an absolute machine that season. Unfortunately after he was out for a while with a serious injury he hasn't quite been the same.

Will still go through games when he is great but never as consistently as that season.

On 24/10/2020 at 22:55, Dee Man said:

I've got plenty of worries and reservations about him but not to the point where I think binning him right now without an adequate replacement lined up would solve anything and would just lead to yet another payout being required. 

A goalkeeper should obviously have been number one priority but from what I've heard - admittedly from only one source and I reckon it's a lot of shite - is that the goalkeeping budget is separate to the outfield budget and that's why his hands are tied regarding getting in a new keeper as Hamilton is on a tidy wedge. Again, I don't believe it for a second so don't shoot the messenger, as surely you'd just be handed a full squad budget?

Obviously I'm concerned the 6-2 happened in the first place but Hartley was a decent manager with some decent players and still managed to get us some utter spankings. 

Hopefully McPake learned a lot from it and uses that going forward. If he hadn't made major changes today then I'd have been concerned, but he did, so I'm not. 

A more than adequate Tommy Wright springs to mind

When McPake was temporary manager I thought he did well, good attacking game-plan and showed potential to do the job. Last season was continuous hoping he was going to learn but for a large chunks he seemed to regress.  While he made changes yesterday we managed (t.b.c. but going by BBC, I can't remember or going to endure that again)  just 3 shots yesterday against a poor Morton side that played the last spell with 10 men, and  even then he went into hang on mode tactics. I would say we Dees should all be concerned, I see little game-plan nowadays, if anything the second half was even worse for his tactics. I'm past having any faith in him, the sooner we cut our ties the better. I don't believe we will win this league, I am hoping for a manager that I believe can  give us a chance of getting us through the play offs.  Setting up a team to create chances was what dogged us last season, I am not seeing an improvement this season.

Just now, DieDee said:

I don't think 'adequate replacement' were the key words there, they were in fact 'lined up', which I doubt big Tam is. If we had confirmation he or someone adequate was interested in the job right now, then successfully calling for McPake's head would be at least feasible. The last two managers we've sacked with nobody worth hiring really being interested, leading to questionable hires.

5 hours ago, DieDee said:

When McPake was temporary manager I thought he did well, good attacking game-plan and showed potential to do the job. Last season was continuous hoping he was going to learn but for a large chunks he seemed to regress.  While he made changes yesterday we managed (t.b.c. but going by BBC, I can't remember or going to endure that again)  just 3 shots yesterday against a poor Morton side that played the last spell with 10 men, and  even then he went into hang on mode tactics. I would say we Dees should all be concerned, I see little game-plan nowadays, if anything the second half was even worse for his tactics. I'm past having any faith in him, the sooner we cut our ties the better. I don't believe we will win this league, I am hoping for a manager that I believe can  give us a chance of getting us through the play offs.  Setting up a team to create chances was what dogged us last season, I am not seeing an improvement this season.

Fairy nuff, but anyone waiting for him to get the bullet anytime soon are just going to find themselves disappointed. Nelms has shown that he gives his managerial appointments a fair crack of the whip and if anything, hangs onto them longer than he should in the hope that they'll somehow turn it around. 

I believe the 3 shots on target stat from Saturday is misleading if you just had to read that without seeing the game. We were utterly dominant in the first half and had tons of corners and dangerous crosses into the box. Clearly none of these turned into anything and that will need to be worked on but that first half looked like men against boys IMO, although admittedly that could be to do with Morten being utterly gash. 

I suspect he's not going to cut it as a manager but he's going to be in charge for at least this season so we might as well strap in and try to enjoy the ride. 

With hearts playing in the SC this is a great chance for us to open up an early gap and put some pressure on them...

More seriously, from a Rovers point of view it is really hard to say how we will do without seeing the team sheet.

It would be a minor miracle if Ethan Ross has one of those freak recoveries where it is just swelling and it subsides quickly. He will be a big miss as he has been great carrying the ball and going by players - has helped create a lot of space and positive possession. McDonald, Tumilty and Bene are all carrying knocks and strains - whether they will all make it (and be fully fit) is massive either way. And then there is the question of whether Vaughan will be a valid option from the bench, or whether he will be missing again. If Ross is missing, feels like we will need Vaughan's quality as an option. 

If most of the injury/team issues go our way I think we could get something. If we are massively depleted I think it will be a step too far. Regardless, gutted that another great away day is passing by :( 

Looking forward to seeing how our young lads in midfield perform here against players with the experience of Charlie Adam and Graham Dorrans. Our midfield is definitely our strength so for and they have played some great passing football so it’ll be interesting to see how they cope against Adam and Dorrans.

Expecting a tough game here and Dundee will absolutely be favourites, should be a great test for us against one of the clubs likely to be top 3 at their ground. Fingers crossed we have a full team for this one as we’ll need it.

4 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

With hearts playing in the SC this is a great chance for us to open up an early gap and put some pressure on them...

More seriously, from a Rovers point of view it is really hard to say how we will do without seeing the team sheet.

It would be a minor miracle if Ethan Ross has one of those freak recoveries where it is just swelling and it subsides quickly. He will be a big miss as he has been great carrying the ball and going by players - has helped create a lot of space and positive possession. McDonald, Tumilty and Bene are all carrying knocks and strains - whether they will all make it (and be fully fit) is massive either way. And then there is the question of whether Vaughan will be a valid option from the bench, or whether he will be missing again. If Ross is missing, feels like we will need Vaughan's quality as an option. 

If most of the injury/team issues go our way I think we could get something. If we are massively depleted I think it will be a step too far. Regardless, gutted that another great away day is passing by :( 

Let’s have a go...assuming that KMac was simply precautionary and he can play....or that Bene can play for him, if he’s OK

JMac

Musonda, Davo, Mendy, KMac

Armstrong, Hendry, Matthews

Tait, Duku, Vaughan

Injury considerations: Bene can take KMac’s spot if KMac is out and Mendy’s otherwise,if he’s healthy. Mendy and Musonda can be flipped. Tumilty, if healthy, can play for Frankie and Frankiie could replace Mendy, if desired. Coulson can play for Vaughan.

Can you please get this lot pumped Dundee? It's like a dagger to the heart seeing them top of the league. 

Thank you in advance.

Thank you. 

Ten thousand years to our glorious league position!

7 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Can you please get this lot pumped Dundee? It's like a dagger to the heart seeing them top of the league. 

Thank you in advance.

Thank you. 

Already absolutely shitting it! ^^^^^^^^^

Great to see. 😆