Dundee vs Raith Rovers

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

OK, I'll bite.

You need to bring your Ma and Da, tell them I'll be dishing out two good shaggings and one good kicking.

I know your Da likes the boaby, so you better sort out who's getting the sore face.

I'll be honest, this is hands down the worst thing I've ever read.  

Genuine minter.

I really like Raith. I'm about to sound condescending as f**k, but I view them as a smaller version of Dundee. Same kinda colour scheme, same sort of stadium layout (Modern mixed with old) and a decent lot on here. Both have had crazy spells and both have had financial troubles. Jocky and Barry Smith have done their damnest to ruin them forever whilst they are massive legends for us.
The games we have against each other are usually notable as well. Neil McCann's goal vs them putting us out the quarter final of the SC. The 2-1 away win in the Deefiant season vs them ending our Deefiant run.
Hopefully we end their good start next week but definitely one of my favourite other Scottish clubs.
Dunwee

52 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The other thing I'd say is that having him and Dave MacKay bouncing ideas off each other will yield different results as opposed to what I suspect was a footballing dinosaur in Jimmy Nicholl. Whether it'll prove to be fruitful or not is another thing entirely but I'm prepared to give them a chance. 

I reserve the right to delete these posts/claim my account was hacked if the league position is not looking good after 10 games. 

Aren’t you worried the very points you raised with Taffies happened in the 1st place? I am and I’m more worried the change of shape only changed halftime against Hearts and today because we have no more centrehalf’s at the club. 

27 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m pretty sure your hands will be down. I’d like to put on record that if we go on some amazing run and win this league I’ll still say McPake’s a c**t.

I like the Rovers too but any team that Moussa can score against has to be utter dogshite in perpetuity.

Would you f**k - you'd have a life-sized statue of him erected atop the fountain at Spud mansions. 

2 hours ago, Holy Marv said:

His positioning against hearts was absolutely fine. I didn’t see any issues in that game. Davo’s positioning is the worse out of all the defenders from what I’ve seen this season so far. Far too easy to get dragged out of position and leave gaps as seen today.

Generally agree, but there were two times he was clearly out of position. Once he used his speed to make up and force a weak/poor shot, the other time the cross never came. I think Mendy is hugely improved and may well be a starter by game 27.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Aren’t you worried the very points you raised with Taffies happened in the 1st place? I am and I’m more worried the change of shape only changed halftime against Hearts and today because we have no more centrehalf’s at the club. 

I've got plenty of worries and reservations about him but not to the point where I think binning him right now without an adequate replacement lined up would solve anything and would just lead to yet another payout being required. 

A goalkeeper should obviously have been number one priority but from what I've heard - admittedly from only one source and I reckon it's a lot of shite - is that the goalkeeping budget is separate to the outfield budget and that's why his hands are tied regarding getting in a new keeper as Hamilton is on a tidy wedge. Again, I don't believe it for a second so don't shoot the messenger, as surely you'd just be handed a full squad budget?

Obviously I'm concerned the 6-2 happened in the first place but Hartley was a decent manager with some decent players and still managed to get us some utter spankings. 

Hopefully McPake learned a lot from it and uses that going forward. If he hadn't made major changes today then I'd have been concerned, but he did, so I'm not. 

I've got plenty of worries and reservations about him but not to the point where I think binning him right now without an adequate replacement lined up would solve anything and would just lead to yet another payout being required. 
A goalkeeper should obviously have been number one priority but from what I've heard - admittedly from only one source and I reckon it's a lot of shite - is that the goalkeeping budget is separate to the outfield budget and that's why his hands are tied regarding getting in a new keeper as Hamilton is on a tidy wedge. Again, I don't believe it for a second so don't shoot the messenger, as surely you'd just be handed a full squad budget?
Obviously I'm concerned the 6-2 happened in the first place but Hartley was a decent manager with some decent players and still managed to get us some utter spankings. 
Hopefully McPake learned a lot from it and uses that going forward. If he hadn't made major changes today then I'd have been concerned, but he did, so I'm not. 

I’m worried about you. The heat or too much 4X has fucked your head.

This is not the natural order. Us Dundee fans NEVER stand up for the current manager. We scream for their heads before they’re appointed ffs. Stop talking sense and get a grip.

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

As a considerate host I will allow you to pick the location and decide whether or not weapons are permitted.  Have a good day.

I didn’t know we were doing a re-enactment of west side story before the match

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m worried about you. The heat or too much 4X has fucked your head.

This is not the natural order. Us Dundee fans NEVER stand up for the current manager. We scream for their heads before they’re appointed ffs. Stop talking sense and get a grip.

I have been in touch with a sculptor in your area. I'll pick up the tab. 

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Hartley got handed spankings in the Premier League not this level we are at now. I’m the same as you and highly doubt the story about the goalkeeper budget being separate from the outfield budget. 

Today was good for 30 minutes and poor for an hour. Going defensive for the last 10 minutes at home to 10 man Morton isn’t good enough surely as it led to a few scary moments at the end that hadn’t happened up to that point. 

Jack Hamilton is a fraud. He always comes across like a nice guy but the thought of someone of his ability potentially making four figures per week (If not, the very top end of three) hurts my soul.

Even better, he clips them early to slow them down as he isn’t a young as he used to be.
I had just assumed it was him being out of position constantly that meant that happened so often.

In fairness to davo im not his biggest fan but he's done fine so far against teams I'd expect to be down the bottom end of the league.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I had just assumed it was him being out of position constantly that meant that happened so often.

In fairness to davo im not his biggest fan but he's done fine so far against teams I'd expect to be down the bottom end of the league.

His passing is still top notch, and when he’s in position he seems solid enough, but we’ve seen him slip a bit on some positioning and have trouble recovering a couple of times against two teams likely to at least miss the playoffs. For instance, old man Dobbie was by him like shite through a goose when he missed the clearance, no hope of recovering as he trailed Dobbie in on goal.

His passing is still top notch, and when he’s in position he seems solid enough, but we’ve seen him slip a bit on some positioning and have trouble recovering a couple of times against two teams likely to at least miss the playoffs. For instance, old man Dobbie was by him like shite through a goose when he missed the clearance, no hope of recovering as he trailed Dobbie in on goal.

He has played most of his career as a midfielder so he does have those attributes. Are dobbie and davo not a similar age?