Dundee vs Raith Rovers

Looks like we'll have to be wary of Count Duku. 8 goals in 2 games for Raith.

Next week can only be tougher than the utter shite we came up against today. Hopefully McGlynn plays an open game rather than reverting to type and I'd be surprised if he didn't considering Raith are freescoring right now.

ETA: The first sentence reads as if Duku has scored 8 in 2 games. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Will wait to see what sort of team we can put out before predicting this one. 

Few injuries today or being ultra conservative in case of some corona outbreak within the squad?

Not exactly ecstatic about playing Raith in their current form. We were relatively comfortable keeping a clean sheet against an anaemic Morton side, but you lads are scoring for fun.

Haste ye back, Jakubiak. Much rather him than Mullen in that false 9 role. Afolabi can do damage if given the chance.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Few injuries today or being ultra conservative in case of some corona outbreak within the squad?

Well there is that, but yeah 3 players forced off with injury today added to a couple of longer standing injuries. Other than the 11 that finished we only have a couple of 16/17 year olds as options. 

Hopefully at least a couple of them will be okay for next week. 

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Looks like we'll have to be wary of Count Duku. 8 goals in 2 games for Raith.

Next week can only be tougher than the utter shite we came up against today. Hopefully McGlynn plays an open game rather than reverting to type and I'd be surprised if he didn't considering Raith are freescoring right now.

McGlynn second time around couldn’t be any more different than his first spell. We don’t really tend to play anything other than an open attacking game since he came back. A few seasons working under Brendan Rodgers at Celtic has made his style much more aesthetically pleasing when compared to his previous Craig Levein learned hoofball.

Will wait to see what the injury situation is before making any predictions. Kevin MacDonald, Benedictus, Ross and Vaughan all look to be doubts after today in addition to Ugwu already missing.

Will be interesting to see how our young midfield measure up to the quality and experience Dundee have in there. I think it is the strongest area of our team but I’m sure Dundee fans would say the same about their midfield. Should be a good watch.

Edited by R.R.FC

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nice to see our friends from Kirkcaldy back. I have a soft spot for Raith being born in Forth Park hospital.

However, your good start now must come to an end in a slow, turgid fashion at Dens.

I really like Raith. I'm about to sound condescending as f**k, but I view them as a smaller version of Dundee. Same kinda colour scheme, same sort of stadium layout (Modern mixed with old) and a decent lot on here. Both have had crazy spells and both have had financial troubles. Jocky and Barry Smith have done their damnest to ruin them forever whilst they are massive legends for us.

The games we have against each other are usually notable as well. Neil McCann's goal vs them putting us out the quarter final of the SC. The 2-1 away win in the Deefiant season vs them ending our Deefiant run.

Hopefully we end their good start next week but definitely one of my favourite other Scottish clubs.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Almost forgot; please tell me Mendy will be playing. Please.

Better than a 25-30% chance, and you’ll likely be disappointed. If we play three CB, like we did vs Hearts, he’s a stick on. With two CB, it’ll depend on Bene and KMac’s injuries.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He’s been sent to Kelty and come back not half bad.

This is disappointing. I know the concussion story has since came about, but I've genuinely never witnessed a worse opposition performance than his that day. It's cliche, but I honestly reckon any single one of us could have done better that day.

This is disappointing. I know the concussion story has since came about, but I've genuinely never witnessed a worse opposition performance than his that day. It's cliche, but I honestly reckon any single one of us could have done better that day.

I’ve just condemned him to an utter horror show if he does play so I wouldn’t worry.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, he put in 60 minutes or so verses Hearts, and wasn’t featured in any of the beatings issued for conceding goals or massive errors. He’s actually looking to have gotten up to speed with the game and has speed and a hell of a passing eye. Positioning is still a little bit of a weakness, but not nearly what it was...honestly, Davo and Bene are looking a little vulnerable at this level. We can, however, certainly clear balls of the line.

Edited by TxRover