Edinburgh City vs Cowdenbeath

16 hours ago, Tenkay said:

As this is the only match in League 2 without it's own thread, I thought it time to get it started.

It's going to be difficult to contribute to match threads this season with us not allowed in to watch the games!

Anyway,  City started very well last week with a 5-1 win away at Brechin.

Cowden lost at "home" to Annan 0-3, so that all points to an away win for the Blue Brazil here!

Well said that Man:bounce3

Brad Smith what a player! He broke Cove hearts as well. I hope your mob took defeat more gracefully - with no flying tea urns or bad bad mouthing like Cove, from players, coaches, fans and press.

Great performance by the boys today , what a start for Mac Whyte didn't put a foot wrong and big praise to the defence new boy Hay was brilliant be good if we can keep hold of him and Brad , discussing in the car home what an acquisition Jamie Todd has been , to be released by Berwick and the performances the guy has put in for us has been tremendous , Bollan had the team well organised after Cox sending off ( Think he reacted badly to a foul ) and the boys did tremendous , I'm a big fan of coxy but how many points and fines is the guy gonna cost us from getting sent off , There is only so much support we can give him we need to see something back  and at the minute he is just causing us problems if he is going to react like that every time he is fouled and lets be honest he is lucky at times with the shoulder barging etc , i really feel for the guy but it isn't doing himself any good or the club with the sending offs he is getting , I really hope  we can see an improvement in his disciplinary record this season but not a good start 

1 hour ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Great performance by the boys today , what a start for Mac Whyte didn't put a foot wrong and big praise to the defence new boy Hay was brilliant be good if we can keep hold of him and Brad , discussing in the car home what an acquisition Jamie Todd has been , to be released by Berwick and the performances the guy has put in for us has been tremendous , Bollan had the team well organised after Cox sending off ( Think he reacted badly to a foul ) and the boys did tremendous , I'm a big fan of coxy but how many points and fines is the guy gonna cost us from getting sent off , There is only so much support we can give him we need to see something back  and at the minute he is just causing us problems if he is going to react like that every time he is fouled and lets be honest he is lucky at times with the shoulder barging etc , i really feel for the guy but it isn't doing himself any good or the club with the sending offs he is getting , I really hope  we can see an improvement in his disciplinary record this season but not a good start 

Please gtf with this. You're only supposed to be keeping them fit till the real fitba kicks off on 21st Nov.

9 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Brad Smith was only loaned to you so he could complete his studies 👍

The Broughty website suggests otherwise

Broughty Athletic players Graham Hay and Brad Smith have both joined Scottish League Two side Cowdenbeath FC until the Junior season starts in late November.

Cowdenbeath manager Gary Bollan moved to get both his men to help bolster his squad as they prepare to start their season on Saturday at home at Central Park against Annan Athletic.

Fed manager Jamie McCunnie was pleased to help his former Dundee United colleague, Gary Bollan, in loaning the two players and it says much for the two of them to be recognized and called upon by the Beath. Jamie had this to say on the deal…

“Delighted for the two lads to go on loan until our season starts. They will be kept fit along the way and if called upon I know they both will do themselves and Cowdenbeath well. I wish them both all the best and to Gary and Cowdenbeath for Saturday’s match and the rest of the season…”

17 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

after Cox sending off ( Think he reacted badly to a foul ) and the boys did tremendous , I'm a big fan of coxy but how many points and fines is the guy gonna cost us from getting sent off , There is only so much support we can give him we need to see something back  and at the minute he is just causing us problems if he is going to react like that every time he is fouled and lets be honest he is lucky at times with the shoulder barging etc , i really feel for the guy but it isn't doing himself any good or the club with the sending offs he is getting , I really hope  we can see an improvement in his disciplinary record this season but not a good start 

Decent enough player but has serious attitude problem. Has had his issues but should be able to show more self control. Was impressed with him when we played you at Ochilview last season but even in that game has a temper tantrum and swung a punch and only the ref bottling it stopped him from getting sent off.  Good player but a risk in every game - Managers dilemma.

Fantastic performance from the players. Result of the weekend. Playing down to bare bones then 10 men with 60 mins left against a team who will be top 4.. 

Pity fans werent in to show their appreciation of their effort.

2 hours ago, NELLY said:

Fantastic performance from the players. Result of the weekend. Playing down to bare bones then 10 men with 60 mins left against a team who will be top 4.. 

Pity fans werent in to show their appreciation of their effort.

Cowden were in their faces from the start. City's only plan was to get the ball to Thompson who put in cross after cross hoping Henderson would get on the end of one. He didn't.  Once they brought See on they were never going to score.

All Cowden's players stepped up. Well impressed.

What a brilliant result that was on Saturday.  Stunned.  Can't remember the last time we won a game like that with 10 men for so long.

Looking back the last time we won with 10 men was a 1-0 win over Queens Park at home.  David Cox sent off around the hour mark but we were already ahead. 

10 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden were in their faces from the start. City's only plan was to get the ball to Thompson who put in cross after cross 

And there was me thinking it was Sam Newman doing all the crosses on Saturday...