East Fife v Montrose

Friday and still no Thread, neither side looking forward to this obviously, which is a shame as I think it has the makings of a cracker!!!

Yes both sides come of the back of 3-1 scudding, but both not really a fair estimate of what either side are capable of, Montrose did well last week against Falkirk and were unlucky with the penalty and the sending off I heard so that defeat is obviously no slight on their capabilities and I think we can pretty much say the same, until our first sending off there was nothing between Cove and ourselves, with every sign that we would get better as the game went on and even with ten men Jack the Tank still managed to give them a fright, but Cove used the extra man well and deservedly won!!!

So both teams beeling and feeling hard done by and already three points of the pace so I expect both sides to go for it from the start tomorrow and wouldn’t be surprised if there was more cards to be seen!!!

2-1 East Fife, Tank and Aggy to score!!!

First thing we’ll have to do is stop beating ourselves the last two games against Raith and Cove we have beat ourselves with crazy individual errors and bad decision making. Montrose have had the beating of us at Bayview in recent times. You know Montrose will be in your face and not give you any time on the ball. Well need to be up for the battle or it could end in tears. Will be a very tough game  and can only hope we take something from the game.  Changes will have to be made due to suspensions. Time for a couple of the fringe players to step up and grab their chance. 

Steeves will be suspended for this one presumably. Will Cammy Ballantyne be out through injury? Big blow for Montrose if that's the case. They've probably been the best full/wing back pairing in L1 for me over the past couple of seasons.

Of course it would have helped us more if we didn't get both starting wingers sent off last week.

For me like to see Kevin Smith and Liam watt start with Davidson replacing Newton to change the midfield a bit from last week. Kevin can supply a cross for Wallace like that game v Cowdenbeath. That would be my changes to the team but again I’m not the manager.

Actually stopped altogether now

On 17/10/2020 at 16:43, Bairnardo said:

Us and Partick wallowing around the mid table like bloated corpses whilst someone like Clyde cruise to the title wouldnt actually be that big a surprise. Far too full of what we are entitled to as a club.

East Fife 2-2 Montrose
Webster (69mins Pen)
No more than they deserve at the moment, they’ve been well on top in the 2nd half!!!