Mince Pie Watch 2020

On 21/12/2020 at 11:03, Shandon Par said:

Not a mince pie fan but had one yesterday from Stephens Bakery in the Kingdom of Fife. Pretty decent. Lovely pastry (possibly borrowed from the bridies) and a surprisingly fresh and orange juice filling. 

I still think that Stephens steak bridies' pastry isn't as good as it used to be. It used to be a lot flakier but now it's almost like a shortcrust pastry.

As for mince pies, I had a Pittodrie pie at the Motherwell game and was surprised to find it was mince instead of the usual grey muck mutton. Pretty decent imo.

Which has nothing to do with the topic of those shitty pies you get at Xmas which are an abomination as well as falling foul of the trades descriptions act. (Which if I'd bothered to read the rest of the thread, I'm pretty sure some people might have already said)

Edited by Suspect Device

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I’ve sampled about 4 or 5 different varieties so far but not sure if I’ll be doing to official MPW2021.

This makes me sad.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Good they are rank.

This makes me angry.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Which has nothing to do with the topic of those shitty pies you get at Xmas which are an abomination as well as falling foul of the trades descriptions act. (Which if I'd bothered to read the rest of the thread, I'm pretty sure some people might have already said)

^^^ wears bootcut jeans

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2021 at 20:06, superwell87 said:

Puff pastry mince pies from Morrisons. Absolutely fantastic. Got them yellow label but would be well worth the £1.50 full price.

20211129_200258.jpg

Puff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shortcrust

9 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Pie and Bovril, I need your help!

I'm providing the lunch for lady golfers next week. Which mincepie should I purchase to warm and serve?

How much do you like them?

Tesco Finest port and brandy ones has been the best non local bakery ones I have had.