The Warriors v The Binos

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The camera somehow missed every incident apart from the 4 goals, it was funny at first but the joke wore thin. The commentators were explaining things like “good save from the keeper” or “ball blasted over the bar” while we sat watching the Half Way Line, empty half’s of the pitch and polly bags floating along.

After I realised it was an automated camera rather than a toddler with a Trump-like attention span, I actually started to appreciate it more, in a geeky way. The software is clearly confused by any white object in the pitch area, but it did fairly well. Add a bit of human override capability for a director and it would be fine. 

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

KR said the aim for this summer was to build on our attacking threat after last seasons defensive displays, well that’s 3 games that I have watched now, all be it against 3 of the leagues stronger teams, and from what I can see the game play is very much the same as last season, I hope I’m wrong and I know it’s still very very early doors and this could just be a period where our new flair players are taking time to click together, but things are feeling a bit deja vu at the moment.

It was worrying that for the whole middle section of that game SA were trapped in their own box, every clearance coming straight back, and tha management team standing watching. They need to learn to make changes before conceding.

Thought the camera were much better than the Kelty game but still lacking. Really frustrating when the camera goes in the opposite direction to the ball.

Most comments have been made about the game. We were certainly a far better team in the second half however if you keep giving away direct free kicks on the edge of your area you will get punished. Draw was a fair result although our keeper should have done better at their second. Referee missed McGuigan being hauled back towards the end.

Blair and Tapping look a formidable pairing.

Edited by Hard Graft

Three games in a row now, decent performance till around the hour mark then nothing.  Players seeming to be running on empty but no subs until too late to change the flow of the game. We lost the first game and were probably a wee bit lucky not to lose the other two. If nothing changes we're heading for another season in mid table.  Early days yet and our performance analyst will have a great deal of raw data to consider to help us improve.

Albion look quite a physical side that will not be bullied about. Impressed with Wilson and McGeachie.  McGeachies father- George - was in our Challenge Cup winning team 25 years ago.

Yeats looks a really good prospect and if we can keep Tapping and Blair injury free we should do well. We have a good selection of strikers but think McGuigan in for Muir in the starling line up.

5 hours ago, Elric said:

Albion look quite a physical side that will not be bullied about. Impressed with Wilson and McGeachie.  McGeachies father- George - was in our Challenge Cup winning team 25 years ago.

Yeats looks a really good prospect and if we can keep Tapping and Blair injury free we should do well. We have a good selection of strikers but think McGuigan in for Muir in the starling line up.

Wondered if he was related to George. Good fact! 

For the sake of Stenny fans, I hope their club has been refunded and they pass that money onto those supporters that subscribed.

Knowing it wasn’t the clubs fault, I would be happy for them to keep my money but the club should be getting something back.

IMG_1049.jpg

6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

For the sake of Stenny fans, I hope their club has been refunded and they pass that money onto those supporters that subscribed.

Adapting Jane Austen, “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a company experiencing IT problems, will claim to have suffered a ‘sophisticated cyber-attack’.”