The Warriors v The Binos

First away game for the Binos this Saturday when we make the short journey to Ochilview.

After a good start with a point against League Title favourites Queens Park we face a Warriors side fresh from an opening day victory away to Albion Rovers.

Hard to predict this one could go either way, so I will go for a draw. [emoji3]

13 hours ago, rhliston said:

First away game for the Binos this Saturday when we make the short journey to Ochilview.

After a good start with a point against League Title favourites Queens Park we face a Warriors side fresh from an opening day victory away to Albion Rovers.

Hard to predict this one could go either way, so I will go for a draw. emoji3.png

Two Betfreds, one league match and one goal in total, I hope tomorrow's the day we start to show we can score goals.

A proper yardstick for us to see where we really are. Albion Rovers are so far off the standard it's really difficult to know how good we are.

A win tomorrow and looking good in the process would be a big statement as I expect Stirling to be top four. 

Looking forward to the game but honestly don’t know what to expect.

It was hard to tell from the Queens Park game if Stirling have improved as an attacking force, but on paper that’s definitely where Stenny’s strengths should lie.....probably be another draw but certainly expect both teams to be in amongst the Play Off mix come the end of the season.

This should be a very decent match. Neilly's right in saying it should be a real yardstick in terms of where we are for the season ahead - Albion Rovers didn't impress me but I'd expect the Binos to have the same aspirations as ourselves and challenge for the top four. They've signed well and I've liked what I've seen from them so far. They probably should have beaten Queen's Park last week, all things considered.

I wonder how we'll line up tomorrow. Given the result and general performance last week, there's probably no real reason to change things about but I'd like to see Botti Biabi start ahead of Greig Spence and, if he's available, bring Ryan Blair in ahead of Jack Hodge in the middle of the park. I haven't really been convinced by Spence since he joined the club in January and don't think he offers much beyond hard graft. His goal last week was well taken but he missed a one-on-one minutes beforehand, and Biabi is better at stretching defences and forcing the opposition on the back foot. Blair, meanwhile, has a lovely range of passing and I think we could use his craft to take us forward.

Let's go with:

- Botti Biabi - Tommy Muir - David Hopkirk -

- Ryan Blair - Callum Tapping - Paul Brown -

- Callum Yeats - Creag Little - Andy Munro - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Graeme Smith -

This will be a tough encounter and one I'd be content to emerge from with a point.

Although I'm very disappointed with the concession of a late equaliser, I thought a draw was probably the fair result overall here. Stirling Albion were the better team in the first half, while we dominated the second. We started poorly and only showed any impetus after the interval, but that point on there was only one team really in it; it was desperately frustrating to see the Binos get a point at the death through one of their rare forays upfield.

Stirling looked good in the first half and won most of the second balls and aerial duels, with Div Wilson central to a lot of their positive play. They looked sharp on the ball, even if Graeme Smith (and then Callum Erskine) were rarely called into action. The opening goal was a sloppy one to concede - Smith shanked a backpass straight to a Stirling player and Creag Little pulled him back, giving away a free-kick, which WIlson scored, curling the ball low into the net from 25 yards. Careless stuff all round. Our play involved whacking balls upfield for Tommy Muir to battle for, which didn't work at all.

Stenny were miles better after the restart. Callum Tapping and Ryan Blair got on the ball more (the latter made some gorgeous long-range passes with his left foot), Callum Yeats became increasingly influential at left-back and Botti Biabi, who replaced the anonymous Paul Brown, was able to keep possession further up the park and all the team to push forward. His goal was well-taken, thrashing the ball high into the net from close range after good work from Andy Munro, and Greig Spence added the second late on from the penalty spot. It was disappointing to see Jack Leitch rescue a point at the death; maybe Erskine could have done a bit better.

If we can perform to the same levels as we did in the second half over the course of the season, we've got a decent chance of getting into the top four. There aren't many midfielders in the division with the quality of Tapping and Blair and it is crucial we get them on the ball whenever possible. Biabi should start, probably at the expense of David Hopkirk, and I wonder if Mark McGuigan might be a better option up top ahead of Muir. Yeats is going to be a smashing wee player and we're lucky to have him for the time being.

Agree with all of this, in particular the comment regarding Yeats. Very impressive. Unfortunately, also agree about the keepers involvement in the equaliser. Very weak. Having said that Smith was having a nightmare before he went off. We would have lost that game 2-0 last season so hopefully we can relax a bit more this season.

I thought the camera issues had been resolved after the Airdrie game, but today was terrible. Even more frustrating when you see 30 people sitting in the stand.

Sorry but I can’t watch and listen to that. Gave up at half hour mark. Highlight of the first half was the camera following a white plastic bag being blown around in the wind whilst the play was in the other half. That’s okay at the filmhouse or Glasgow film theatre, very Ingmar Bergman, existential angst and all that. Maybe we should enter the turner prize.

Warriors were absolutely honking. Surprised but very glad we turned it round. McGuigan for muir please

Agree with the comments re the camera just the same issues as the Elgin game but at least you had sound which Elgin didn’t have. Decent commentary I though from the guys on air though a little biased imo [emoji3]

To the game itself, Binos better team in first half but 2nd half Stenny gained the upper hand and we were very fortunate to get a point late on. Stenny should have had the points in the bag for their 2nd half performance but we stuck at it and got a share of the spoils.

Let’s hope we learn to play for 90 minutes next week at home to Annan or we might not get so lucky.

Enjoyed the commentary although the camera angles were absolutely dreadful. Missed a chunk of the action and the play was behind the commentators by around 5 seconds. Good commentating although surprised it took the co-commentator 37 minutes to correct his colleague for mistaking Ryan for Leitch. 

Felt like a draw was a fair result. We were the better team in the first half. Stenny looked a different team in the 2nd half and if you ended up winning 2-1, I'd have had few complaints.  We only really started playing after going 2-1 down which is disappointing but Stenny are a decent side and would have taken a point before 3pm. Blair and Tapping are also cracking players at this level. Stenny will deffo be contending for top 4.

Hope Stenny can sort out the camera stuff. You have a decent side but it will stop your own fans signing up for future games. 

Just now, dave_binos said:

Good commentating although surprised it took the co-commentator 37 minutes to correct his colleague for mistaking Ryan for Leitch. 

It did really take me that long? Thought he done it as a one of thing. Apologies 

2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Agree with all of this, in particular the comment regarding Yeats. Very impressive. Unfortunately, also agree about the keepers involvement in the equaliser. Very weak. Having said that Smith was having a nightmare before he went off. We would have lost that game 2-0 last season so hopefully we can relax a bit more this season.

I thought the camera issues had been resolved after the Airdrie game, but today was terrible. Even more frustrating when you see 30 people sitting in the stand.

Can't quite put my finger on it but Buzz Smith no longer seems as impenetrable as he once was.

Well that was another snooze fest from a Stirling perspective, another game where we sat in not to lose rather than Attack to win the game and it almost cost us, in fact, it was probably unjust when we scored in the last minute although as has been said above, after doing well in the First Half a draw was probably fair.

Not only was the Stirling display frustrating, Stenny’s AI camera also added to it. The camera somehow missed every incident apart from the 4 goals, it was funny at first but the joke wore thin. The commentators were explaining things like “good save from the keeper” or “ball blasted over the bar” while we sat watching the Half Way Line, empty half’s of the pitch and polly bags floating along. I’m not blaming the lads on Warriors TV or those associated with the club, but that really was poor coverage to charge £8 for. Some may argue that it’s better than nothing, but if fans aren’t back before our next visit then I’d rather not watch it because it was incredibly frustrating. For the sake of Stenny fans, I really hope it’s sorted.

Anyway, back to the game and I thought Stenny were the more creative, oh how we missed a player like Tapping that could put his foot on the ball and make something happen. Andy Munro was comfortable at the back at the same time Andy Ryan was described as our danger man without actually getting on the ball.

KR said the aim for this summer was to build on our attacking threat after last seasons defensive displays, well that’s 3 games that I have watched now, all be it against 3 of the leagues stronger teams, and from what I can see the game play is very much the same as last season, I hope I’m wrong and I know it’s still very very early doors and this could just be a period where our new flair players are taking time to click together, but things are feeling a bit deja vu at the moment.

It did really take me that long? Thought he done it as a one of thing. Apologies

Well done on your commentary CEMSFC, thought you did an excellent job and it can’t be easy filling in the gaps when there is not a lot of goalmouth action going on. Keep up the good work

PS - Just for info, Stenny GK Coach Dave Binnie and Stirling GK Cammy Binnie are not related.

What is the actual reason our camera is so shit? Albion Rovers use the same gear but had no issues last week really in comparison to whatever was going on today. 

Points dropped in the end. I thought we battered them second half but if you give cheap goals away like we did then only have ourselves to blame. 

Biabi made the difference again coming off the bench. Brown starting on the left seemed a strange decision but a natural wide man on that side is likely to be an issue for us as the season goes on.

McGuigan for Muir should have happened sooner. I get Mark doesn't seem the flavour of the month with the management but when Muir is offering that kind of performance up then Mark deserves more game time.

6 hours ago, true fan said:

Sorry but I can’t watch and listen to that. Gave up at half hour mark. Highlight of the first half was the camera following a white plastic bag being blown around in the wind whilst the play was in the other half.

Some games I've seen I'd have been bloody glad of the excitement of a white plastic bag being blown about 

Anyway if Mena Suvari had then turned up in a bath of rose petals you wouldn't have complained