Aberdeen v Celtic

16 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

He's a clown cost the club 30m by getting fucked in euro Cup by plumbers painters and joiners I would have sacked him then 

Said after the Ferencvaros game the writing was on the wall and we should take the opportunity to replace him then and I was quickly rounded on by the Lenny fanboys on here. 

i remember Daila commenting when he took over about how unfit the team were and how that would be one of the first things he would address. All we have heard this season is this player isn’t fit or that one isn’t fit. It’s no coincidence. 

We are now at a point in the season where our next 3 matches aren’t in the league, it’s a perfect opportunity for someone to come in and change things. It’s almost a free hit for them.

His comments about refs at the end I don’t get. All of the penalties were penalties, you can’t argue with it and MacGregor probably should have seen red for the penalty for a 2nd yellow so to lobby criticism at the ref deflecting from the fact our poor defensive shape caused all 3 goals is laughable.

14 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

First half was awful but what a a second half for the neutral. Aberdeen looked really exciting going forward on the counter and what a player Wright looked, I think that's the first I've seen him play. Then from a Celtic point of view Griffiths' goal was superb - shows you what he can do, there was no way they looked like scoring a goal like that in the first half. 

Duffy as discussed is utterly chronic. I know there was an argument that Celtic just needed to get a big physical stopper but he's just a clogger isn't he. No wonder Potter binned him out the Brighton team first chance he got. 

Davie Provan on Duffy, the Sun, 19 September:

Be in no doubt, Shane Duffy will stroll it in our top flight.

Lol

Guest Bob Mahelp
24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I thought Mcgeough going off was a big cause of us being pinned back for the second part of the first half. I was delighted that mcinnes didn't try a more like for like replacement with Ojo. 

Good to see Cosgrove back. A couple of run outs to get his sharpness back and we could be formidable. Barring injuries of course. 

Scott Wright's dribble before the second pen was a work of art. 

Ferguson, Hayes, Hedges were all top drawer. 

Collum got most things right. Couple of harsh handballs against celtic, not sending off mcgregor at the second pen and completely missing Duffy's assault on Lewis aside. For the foul on cosgrove we had 11 men behind the ball, which was in Celtic's half- no way we can claim that led directly to the goal. 

Good point. 

McGeough is quietly efficient in almost every game he plays, and he was pretty much strolling today until his injury. I'm hoping that he'll be available for next week because if he's not there it means us starting with either OJo....nooooooooooooooooooo......or Wright, who was excellent when he came on but shouldn't start next week. 

Fingers crossed, but it didn't look too good. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Good point. 

McGeough is quietly efficient in almost every game he plays, and he was pretty much strolling today until his injury. I'm hoping that he'll be available for next week because if he's not there it means us starting with either OJo....nooooooooooooooooooo......or Wright, who was excellent when he came on but shouldn't start next week. 

The team next week picks itself for me. The same team as started today with Cosgrove for Edmondson. If McGeouch isn’t fit then I would put Wright in and move Hedges to right wing back.

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Good point. 

If McInnes wanted to play Ojo, he had the perfect opportunity to take him on when McGeouch went off - that he chose to put McLennan to wing-back instead doesn't suggest to me that Ojo will start next week. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The team next week picks itself for me. The same team as started today with Cosgrove for Edmondson. If McGeouch isn’t fit then I would put Wright in and move Hedges to right wing back.

McInnes pretty much ruled out playing Hedges at wing-back against Celtic in his post-match interview, so I'd be surprised if he did that. 

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Good point. 

I'm hoping that if Kennedy is fit, he'll start. Wright seems to have a lot more impact coming off the bench or else he drifts out of games too easily

I don't understand the argument that Wright drifts out of games. It might have been a fair criticism of him in the past, but he has been pretty influential in pretty much every game he has started this season. He has been a key factor in making us a better team. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Zapp Brannigan said:

I'm hoping that if Kennedy is fit, he'll start. Wright seems to have a lot more impact coming off the bench or else he drifts out of games too easily

Yeah, we shouldn't forget Kennedy. 

I agree completely about Wright. His lack of consistency means that he's starting to look like a 30 minute impact player. I'd rather have that in the last 30 minutes against a tiring Celtic defence than in the first 30 minutes and then he becomes invisible. 

54 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

His comments about refs at the end I don’t get. All of the penalties were penalties, you can’t argue with it and MacGregor probably should have seen red for the penalty for a 2nd yellow so to lobby criticism at the ref deflecting from the fact our poor defensive shape caused all 3 goals is laughable

See Neil Lennon last 2 months of tenure at Easter Road.

Everyone elses fault but his. If he stops turning up at press conferences you will know the writings on the wall.

"born winner" though, as his wee pals Commons and Sutton will say tomorrow.

I’ve no idea what decisions Lennon is talking about. All major decisions that were contentious went the way of Celtic. Duffy getting off with putting Edmondson into the hoardings and finishing his match, Cosgrove not getting a foul for a two handed push in the back leading to the second goal and McGregor’s lack of a second booking for his deliberate trip on McLennan. Is he talking about the odd foul in the middle of the pitch or dubious throw in? The fact that he didn’t actually say which decisions were poor suggests that they were all nothing situations. Be delighted to get a Celtic fan’s view on his ramblings though.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Judging them on their ability in the respective seasons, I'd say...

Gordon > Bain/Barkas

Lustig > Frimpong

Boyata > Duffy

Ambrose < Ajer

Tierney > Laxalt

Brown > Brown

McGregor > McGregor 

Armstrong > Ntcham

Forrest < Christie

Commons < Elyounossi 

Griffiths > Edouard 

Aye, that's probably fair enough.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

First half was awful but what a a second half for the neutral. Aberdeen looked really exciting going forward on the counter and what a player Wright looked, I think that's the first I've seen him play. Then from a Celtic point of view Griffiths' goal was superb - shows you what he can do, there was no way they looked like scoring a goal like that in the first half. 

Duffy as discussed is utterly chronic. I know there was an argument that Celtic just needed to get a big physical stopper but he's just a clogger isn't he. No wonder Potter binned him out the Brighton team first chance he got. 

I could see Duffy regularly getting  booked and sent off. He is slow and likes to throw himself at the opposition even off the ball. The refs are going to look out for his fouling and his size makes it obvious. I could see this costing him and Celtic going forward, a bit like what happened to Cosgrove a few seasons ago.

The introduction of Wright absolutely changed the game, the pace and drive the boy has is something we really need to harness more when trying to take control of games. Glad to see his increased involvement as for a while he looked like he was completely out of favour with McInnes. We've really got a good thing going on with the likes of McCrorie and Ferguson in midfield, the influence of Ryan Hedges on games, and we're more of an exciting prospect than we've been for some time. 

I guess the question is if folk want to see Wright starting against Celtic in the cup or want that impact later off the bench if/when Celtic start to tire? Keep up the level of intensity that we did today and we've got a real chance.

Guest Bob Mahelp

If Celtic win their game in hand (against us ironically), they'll only be 3 points behind Rangers. We're only a third of the way in to the season so it seems premature to talk about a crisis at Parkhead.

Lennon does have a long history though of mental frailty when under pressure, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. 

If Celtic win their game in hand (against us ironically), they'll only be 3 points behind Rangers. We're only a third of the way in to the season so it seems premature to talk about a crisis at Parkhead.
Lennon does have a long history though of mental frailty when under pressure, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. 

We’ve only 81 points to play for.